Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Japanese Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Great job by the team today, hopefully the upgrades bring us closer to Red Bull.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well done P3 and P4.
    ^this
    Good points haul
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Another poor weekend for Lewis....maybe he has lost desire to drive for Merc.
    Forza Ferrari

Can't wait to switch for Ferrari

Oh well, I'd have imposed team order. Not point placating to a driver who's leaving
    It's fair for SAI too , his will to perform best will also help us this season . LEC will have to qualify better next time if he want to finish ahead of SAI
    Look like a dream team is coming

He’s looking forward now to drive the red rocket in 2025
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    It's fair for SAI too , his will to perform best will also help us this season . LEC will have to qualify better next time if he want to finish ahead of SAI
    Cousteau agree more, he’s gotta do better in quali

He was quicker than Russell in Quali tbf but the Merc strategy was terrible today. Hung there drivers out on hards for way too long when they didn't have the performance on them.

I hope whatever they are bringing for Imola will be huge in terms of improvement.

I hope whatever they are bringing for Imola will be huge in terms of improvement.
    We’ll see mate, i truly hope so too
    But all this big hype about a BIG upgrade coming…I’ll believe it when I see it

I think he's setting up the car more race than qualifying, which causing the tyre warm-up issue for him in low temperature.

Yeah. Btw when is the Imola race...can't wait for it.

Also when is the first sprint race, need to see our sim tools beating everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post

Also when is the first sprint race, need to see our sim tools beating everyone else.
    A month from now

I think he's setting up the car more race than qualifying, which causing the tyre warm-up issue for him in low temperature.
    He will get better as the races go on.

And as I've said yesterday, the SF24 came alive in today's warmer temperature. It was flying everywhere and had Charles qualified P3, Red Bull would have hard time today.

Tomorrow had nothing to do with the SF24 being "poor". Charles had literally zero drop off today, which may explain his struggle yesterday with the warm up. I think he needs to put a bit more performance towards the qualifying.

But I know both China and Miami will be warmer, so I don't he will have issues there.

Great 1st stint by Charles & great drive by Carlos.

Strategy team … big thumbs up to them.

Overall P3 & P4. Good recovery.

Now let’s get that upgrades & give us some race pace advantage over RB. Currently I guess the difference is 0.3 - 0.4.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He will get better as the races go on.
    Of course he will. But some people here making it sound like that Charles is some slowpoke, which is becoming a bit annoying.

Also, Xavi is impressing me more and more. He listened to Charles's feedback and didn't force a 2-stop. I think he's becoming quite good with time and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post

Sprint is China next race , in next 2 weeks

Of course he will. But some people here making it sound like that Charles is some slowpoke, which is becoming a bit annoying.

Also, Xavi is impressing me more and more. He listened to Charles's feedback and didn't force a 2-stop. I think he's becoming quite good with time and experience.
    Yeah for once they listened to him.

Sainz matched the pace of RB’s in the last stone which bodes well. Charles done personal best lap on the last lap which is good.

Waiting for those upgrades & better quali to challenge RB.

I love everything that Vasseur is doing to Ferrari. The race pace, development, strategy, team structure, his willingness to be hands on. The results speak for themselves in what a massive upgrade he has been.

And yet, his judgement to sign Hamilton and ditch Sainz in the manner he has, makes this all seem bittersweet. The team is coming together, and they're break up the best driver pairing on there right now.

For all you guys that have crapped on Sainz for years, and whined that he doesn't play the team game, just wait until Hamilton arrives with his diva attitude and rogue episodes. It's not a matter of if he'll refuse to play the team game, ruin races for Leclerc, and eventually crash him, it's how fast that happens, and the crisis that will unfold at Ferrari. Mark my words on that. Then, you'll really miss Sainz.

Great damage limitation race, could not have ask for anything more really. And what a drive from Charles! 23 laps on the mediums with competitive pace was unbelievable to see, he made Mercedes look silly. Now bring those upgrades finally!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Great damage limitation race, could not have ask for anything more really. And what a drive from Charles! 23 laps on the mediums with competitive pace was unbelievable to see, he made Mercedes look silly. Now bring those upgrades finally!
    Mercedes is a joke now ! They're not the same 2017 2018 team anymore , so much blunder from pitstop to strategy today

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    No need to compare to Mercs. They are still understanding which concept will work.

It’s a track for McLaren & RB. Outcome of this race we closed the gap to them & taken out one.

Mercedes is a joke now ! They're not the same 2017 2018 team anymore , so much blunder from pitstop to strategy today
    Ha ha true that
    I keep wondering how much longer will Toto keep his job, before they give him the BOOT

Rumours are Carlos signed a contract with Mercs. News might come out anytime in couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No need to compare to Mercs. They are still understanding which concept will work.

It’s a track for McLaren & RB. Outcome of this race we closed the gap to them & taken out one.
    Oh I'll enjoy comparing to Mercedes every time the chance comes out! After the years of pain they gave us, it's nice to see Ferrari destroying them. Only Red Bull left to deal with now.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Mercedes are useless now when it's not just about the engine..
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari 21 points behind R Bull in 2nd place. If Carlos didn't miss that race "WOW! There's hope!

LEC pace:
    38.2 🟡
    36.0 ⚪️

Lewis Carlos 2025 with Ferrari would be unbeatable!!