Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Chinese Grand Prix - Race Thread

It's not a surprise really that our car now is just track and temp dependant. We haven't changed the car at all. We haven't even really brought any parts to test during FP's.
    I hope some of the performance comes back on hotter tracks because pinning all of our hopes on one large upgrade can be risky.

I would have liked to see some new parts brought to some of the earlier races. At least to understand what the changes do to the car.
    And hopefully it doesn't take too many races to dial in the new updates, hope they work straight away, but they can't come soon enough.

Some good points for the team to-day but we need to be getting 2nd and 3rd place to maintain our 2nd place in the constructors. A win is not possible at present unless we have some very good luck and RB have a bad day at the office.

Forza Jules

Looks like WEC Ferrari team got our old strategy crew... they threw their race to the bin

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Looks like WEC Ferrari team got our old strategy crew... they threw their race to the bin
    Goes from 1-2-3 to 6-7-9 i'm so dead rn
    Look like a dream team is coming

So much for our wonderful race pace.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

For WEC
    In the end fuoco was FLYING
    He was 1+ s/lap faster and managed to pass a TOYOTA in the last lap to take 4th !!!!
    TOO BAD for that bad call !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So no podium today from both F1 and WEC team

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    So no podium today from both F1 and WEC team
    Yeah, bad weekend at the office for both teams. A weekend to forget
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Those Imola upgrades cannot come soon enough. Bad showing this weekend in F1 and even worse in the WEC.

McLaren aren't going to be able do much more than they are now but can still spoil our races; we need to get our act together and try and make a real race of it at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by The Architect View Post
    Those Imola upgrades cannot come soon enough. Bad showing this weekend in F1 and even worse in the WEC.

McLaren aren't going to be able do much more than they are now but can still spoil our races; we need to get our act together and try and make a real race of it at the front.
    How are you so sure?? Last year they upgrade their car pretty well . Cant underestimated them!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    How are you so sure?? Last year they upgrade their car pretty well . Cant underestimated them!!!!
    I don't think McLaren have the resources to really challenge Red Bull. They have hit a sweet spot and are performing well, but I think there are still only 2 real heavyweight challengers - Ferrari and maybe Mercedes. The latter seem to be in all sorts of difficulties for various reasons, but Ferrari need to start performing in all departments to get there.

I wouldn't underestimate McLaren. They're doing a pretty good job.
    We went from challenging Red Bull and judging our pace to how many tenths we were behind Red Bull a few races ago to now defending from McLaren and hoping our race pace carries us past them.
    They beat us fair and square today but hopefully Miami will turn in our favour.
    I still think our car has more in it than the papayas and hope with our upgrades start to hamper Red Bull again.

Lap times + Tyres
    1 Lap of Fuel = 0.076s

https://twitter.com/FormulaPace/stat...549685/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    IF it wasn't for both SC's, Max would have finished close to a minute if not over a minute over everyone else and probably lapped P13 cars and up.
    more like 30 seconds, he was on a two stop, that costs 24 seconds. Max wasn't lapping 1 second a lap faster than everyone else, especially after the SCs. Even if he was lapping a second faster, he had to take a second pit stop.

hey buddy, we've been through this. you need to be on your A game to post here as a Red Bull fan. I expect this level of post from Kyssyk, you're going to have to be a lot better.

you're red bull and max trolling throughout this thread, combined with this low quality, smooth brained observation is insufferable.

i'm not expecting you to discuss topics like front vs rear limited circuits like some of us do on here, but you're going to have to do better than posting inaccurate fanboy fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    That’s how maxipad looks when he starts in lower positions and is passing everyone and still win the race

We’re banking a lot of hope for this Godly and significant package we have coming for Imola…it better be at lest HALF a second worth a lap time so that’ll bring us a lot closr to red fools but away from Mcmowers which are breathtaking down our necks
    yep, when we supposedly have the development advantage from finishing third, one third the season is way too long to wait for a quarter second. Red Bull almost brought a quarter second after less than a quarter of the season.

a quarter second every 5 races would be acceptable, not after 8.

we need a half a second and they have to work immediately

if we can steal a race win at miami that would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    more like 30 seconds, he was on a two stop, that costs 24 seconds. Max wasn't lapping 1 second a lap faster than everyone else, especially after the SCs. Even if he was lapping a second faster, he had to take a second pit stop.

hey buddy, we've been through this. you need to be on your A game to post here as a Red Bull fan. I expect this level of post from Kyssyk, you're going to have to be a lot better.

you're red bull and max trolling throughout this thread, combined with this low quality, smooth brained observation is insufferable.

i'm not expecting you to discuss topics like front vs rear limited circuits like some of us do on here, but you're going to have to do better than posting inaccurate fanboy fantasies.
    Max finished the race 13.77sec ahead of Norris which the last SC went in to the pits on lap32. The 2nd SC came in from lap 21 and stayed till lap 32 which is 11 laps of SC.

Lap 23 / SC. Verstappen had a 20.3s lead.
    L27 / Green. VER 0.8s ahead.
    L28 / SC. VER 1.7s lead.
    L32 / Green. VER 0.8s lead.
    L56 / Finish. VER 13.0s lead.

Max finished the race 13.77sec ahead of Norris which the last SC went in to the pits on lap32. The 2nd SC came in from lap 21 and stayed till lap 32 which is 11 laps of SC.

Lap 23 / SC. Verstappen had a 20.3s lead.
    L27 / Green. VER 0.8s ahead.
    L28 / SC. VER 1.7s lead.
    L32 / Green. VER 0.8s lead.
    L56 / Finish. VER 13.0s lead.
    he wasn't going to finish a minute ahead buddy. 20+13=33.

and his lead as always, is exaccerbated by people being held up and stuck in DRS trains

he wasn't going to finish a minute ahead buddy. 20+13=33.
    I said close to a minute. Your forgetting 11 laps that the SC took up.

He could have or at least very close to it.
    He was at least half second quicker plus running at the front with no pressure, I doubt he was pushing. We saw what times he could do when he pushed.

I said close to a minute. Your forgetting 11 laps that the SC took up.
    true, and you're forgetting 24 seconds of a pitstop he would have to take without the SC.

again, nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    He was at least half second quicker plus running at the front with no pressure, I doubt he was pushing. We saw what times he could do when he pushed.
    yeah, it seems this year we're where RB was last year. We have the tyre wear down, but we can't get them into the window as quickly and that hurts our starts and qualifying. RB has that figured out this year, and still doesn't sacrifice race pace. If we don't find half a second with the upgrade we may need to wait until next season.

and his lead as always, is exaccerbated by people being held up and stuck in DRS trains
    In other words cars that are slower than him.
    We saw how easy he pulled a big gap on Norris in just a few laps.
    No one in front that has a cushion pushes so we really don't know how far in front he could have finished.

yeah, it seems this year we're where RB was last year. We have the tyre wear down, but we can't get them into the window as quickly and that hurts our starts and qualifying. RB has that figured out this year, and still doesn't sacrifice race pace. If we don't find half a second with the upgrade we may need to wait until next season.
    We need to hope the update is half a second and then I hope they bring steady updates to most races rather than waiting 8 races again.
    We really need a boost.

true, and you're forgetting 24 seconds of a pitstop he would have to take without the SC.

again, nice try.
    I would say Max would have a 40sec to 45sec lead without the SC's by the end of the race.

I would say Max would have a 40sec to 45sec lead without the SC's by the end of the race.
    Doubt that would ever happen. He just controls the gap so it's not so large.
    We really need someone to push Max from lap 1 to the end and see what they really have.

Doubt that would ever happen. He just controls the gap so it's not so large.
    We really need someone to push Max from lap 1 to the end and see what they really have.
    Here's something for ya. Did you know at some GP's, Max stays up till 3 or 4am at that home GP playing iRacing with his buddies.....gets several hours of sleep ....and then goes racing! Crazy if you ask me.

Here's something for ya. Did you know at some GP's, Max stays up till 3 or 4am at that home GP playing iRacing with his buddies.....gets several hours of sleep ....and then goes racing! Crazy if you ask me.
    yet he was too scared to race Charles during the lockdown championship

We need to hope the update is half a second and then I hope they bring steady updates to most races rather than waiting 8 races again.
    We really need a boost.
    yep