Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Miami Grand Prix - Practice, Sprint & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Lando is the biggest choker in the world
    Lando "zero win" Norris is highly overrated. Even his rookie teammate got a "win".

We're busy flirting with Newey instead of upgrading our car.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    This is a bit unfair,. The team have said for months now, that they preparing the big upgrade for Imola. And this because they they keep learning from the current/ base configuration and they fine tune the upgrade accordingly, while still optimizing the current car . And we are doing too bad. So1st we heaveto wait and see how the update car will perform , and then come with conclusions about our Update strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Going by the results so far today I don't see us delaying upgrades till imola to be that detrimental.

Red Bull had upgrades at Suzuka, McLaren today, RCarb also today. Mercedes also.

We still seem relatively competitive despite all that.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He's clearly lost it you know, as a few experts here were saying...
    Your attitude is so childish mate :) He has done a great job in the sprint shootout, but he is making so many mistakes, it's not normal. If you don't see it, good for you, at least you don't have to go through the nerves I do each and every weekend wondering what will go wrong for him this time. You don't see that happeneing for Verstappen and I don't know about you, but I want Charles to beat him, to be better than him... and his inconstency is not the way to do it.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Your attitude is so childish mate :) He has done a great job in the sprint shootout, but he is making so many mistakes, it's not normal. If you don't see it, good for you, at least you don't have to go through the nerves I do each and every weekend wondering what will go wrong for him this time. You don't see that happeneing for Verstappen and I don't know about you, but I want Charles to beat him, to be better than him... and his inconstency is not the way to do it.
    You don’t see it with Verstappen now because he does have the perfect car. When the car wasn’t there, you know how he used to crash & make mistakes. It took time for him to get championship winning car & he’s doing it.

Give the same car to Charles, you will see the difference too.

The truth is that this year is the 1st year with the best conditions in general ( team - car) except the car of the 1st half of 22. And now he is not the man we shaw in previous seasons. I would accept it last year where supposedly team Binnoto had build the car more towards Sainz , and even Lec had d9be better. Now he makes more mistakes and like he doesn't perform on his best. Like sometimes bothers him , doesn't seat quite well !!!!! I'm saying this because I consider him ( yes I will dare to say it) the best driver on the grid. In my mind I visualize the he will end his career as one of the greatest. That's why when I see him made mistakes and underperforme, it's disappoints me.

Os there anybody can rewatch LEC sprint quali radio ? Is there such thing as "warm-up" mode ? If so maybe this is the new procedure that could help the car warm up their tyres better

Seeing both Mercedes outqualified by a Haas is so satisfying

Mclaren looks fast. They were strong contenders for pole positions in both sprint & Quali. But somehow they couldn’t extract more lap time out of their Soft Tyre. This could be tyre temp issue.

Well we need to see their performance in Quali & Race. So far they are close to RB.

Waiting for Ferrari to respond.

RB maybe will run out of bullet this season

Yeah, cause bashing him for every single small mistakes really shows how mature you are

Charles said it perfectly after yesterday's quali. People only remembers the last race (or two). They don't remember that he has been qualified on the front row from Austin 2023 - Saudi 2024.
    Not along ago Max was knows as "Crashtappen" for his frequent crashing and coming together with other drivers on track.

If you really want Charles to beat Max, then you should ask Ferrari to provide him a car that is as good as the current Newey rocketships.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Os there anybody can rewatch LEC sprint quali radio ? Is there such thing as "warm-up" mode ? If so maybe this is the new procedure that could help the car warm up their tyres better
    Ferrari has been using mode: warm-up for quite a while now.

If you don't see it with Verstappen, you might want to check your eyesight.
    Verstappen had an outing , just like Charles did too, the difference is that his was at a place he was allowed to get back without consequences.
    But he did have an issue regardless.
    None the less, it's test sessions where you're supposed to push to the limits, find the limits and what not. And to add to this, he got back to the battle and got a P2. Which goes to show just how good he is.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Charles does make way more mistakes than Max that is true, but he is not driving a car like Max has.
    Forza Ferrari

Ocon has hit Charles in the pitlane.....
    Forza Ferrari

Looks like only wheel damage thankfully.
    Forza Ferrari

Let's see what Macas can do
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Looks like only wheel damage thankfully.
    Xavi to Charles: "All good on data."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Let's see what Macas can do
    Let's see what Ferrari can do.
    Forza Ferrari

10sec penalty for Ocon.
    Forza Ferrari

Leclercs rear wheel scuffed by Ocon....no biggie for Leclerc.

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...925171/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Let's see what Ferrari can do.

Weather looking good for us , sunny and hot

Norris out
    Forza Ferrari

SC
    Forza Ferrari

lol Norris is finished

4 wide in T1..Lewis divebombing in.
    Forza Ferrari

Stroll out as well.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles reported some vibrations, but his engineer said everything is fine when the car was at full speed.