Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Miami GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    even before that he wasn't exactly lighting up the timing screens.
    He’s not at Max’s or Leclerc’s level. Had he had the 25hp, the overtake on new mediums after the safety car….he would have overtaken Sainz.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    This is an embarrassment for the US.

Who let this guy near a microphone? He can’t even speak English. Sounds like he had a stroke or something.

Willy T Ribbs dude……look him up.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Damage limitation expected RB 1-2 finish. We got 2-3.

Hopefully there are upgrades in next GP & also feel confident for 1-2 finish in both races (Barcelona & Monaco). We need to maximise our chances.

With this top speed RB car is mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I have to agree with you on that. "*****" Leclerc, guy looks like having a hard time with his pronunciations.
    After I figure out who it was it made sense. Sure let’s get a guy who got hit in the head for a living ask questions. LOL

I guess all the real celebrities are still in Kentucky.

Look at the gap Charles had to sainz and Perez. Even with just VSC he would’ve come out in front of sainz. You think with new hard tires Charles would’ve passed max? I definitely think so. I love Ferrari, but this is getting frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by SFTifoso View Post
    https://i.ibb.co/y5dWtQn/0-A10-FE1-B-9950-4919-B303-CD7-E20257-A90.png

Look at the gap Charles had to sainz and Perez. Even with just VSC he would’ve come out in front of sainz. You think with new hard tires Charles would’ve passed max? I definitely think so. I love Ferrari, but this is getting frustrating.
    Sure we did not have new hard tyres....
    Forza Ferrari

Just thinking, if the plan was 1 stop, why the hell did they decide to keep 2 hard sets and only 1 medium?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Horner said we had 2 sets of new hards & 1 set of new mediums, and RB had 2 sets of mediums & 1 set of hards.

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Ok 2,3 good damage limitation, we just need a small nudge in performance in our car to get ahead, hopefully the Barcelona upgrades do the trick
    Why are we doing damage limitation though? We qualified 1-2. We have PU2 and an upgraded rear wing. Why are we doing damage limitation?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

According to the graphic on the first page of this thread we did have 2 sets of new hards, while RB had only 1. But then again, even with new ones I don't think we had the speed to beat Max today. We need that upgrade in Barcelona. We're just missing a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Why are we doing damage limitation though? We qualified 1-2. We have PU2 and an upgraded rear wing. Why are we doing damage limitation?
    Idk that Barcelona upgrade better be good. I don’t wanna hear anymore about postponing it.

According to the articles, ferrari didn’t use new RW. Also it’s not about PU.
    Ferrari carrying more drag & RB doesn’t. That’s the issue.

We did have 2 sets of hard tyres left.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think P2 and P3 is still a quite positive result.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    According to the graphic on the first page of this thread we did have 2 sets of new hards, while RB had only 1. But then again, even with new ones I don't think we had the speed to beat Max today. We need that upgrade in Barcelona. We're just missing a little bit.
    But we had nothing to lose by pitting Charles. And on new rubber we definitely would’ve out-brakes and out-accelerated MV out of corners.

But we had nothing to lose by pitting Charles. And on new rubber we definitely would’ve out-brakes and out-accelerated MV out of corners.
    Exactly.

Same compound, fine but 26 laps newer.

Plus, even if you don’t pass you at least tried and you’re still P2.

Problem with New H tyres is, it will take 2-3Laps to get them upto right temp.

LMAO. NFL helmets for the drivers on the podium.

Americans have weird taste.

We did had 2 sets of hard tyres left.

But hindsight is a wonderful thing. I think P2 and P3 is still a quite positive result.
    They knew the gaps. They knew they had a free stop. The only reason I can think of they didn’t box him was they were afraid of another bad stop; like sainz had. It is a good result. I just love to see this team win.

There was no upgraded RW. Ferrari brought a track-spec low drag RW which they didn't use.

Since we can't run as low as the RB, we need the high DF RW.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Problem with New H tyres is, it will take 2-3Laps to get them upto right temp.
    I think we set the fastest lap of the race (at that time) on the next lap after the outlap.

Horner, who is so freaking annoying btw, was like “oh I’m so glad they didn’t pit, we caught a break”

I think the PU2 stuff was just tifosi rumor and the "new" rear wing wasn't really new.

Ferrari have to solve their straight line speed issues, period. Red Bull learned to prioritize it after having Mercedes drive by them on the straights constantly last year. Now, they're doing the same to Ferrari.

And it's not as if Red Bull are going to bring nothing to Barcelona. Let's be real. The better package is Max and Red Bull all around right now. Leclerc has been driving his balls ass off, and I give him credit, but the team have a lot to prove in Barcelona from a development stand point.

There was no upgraded RW. Ferrari brought a track-spec low drag RW which they didn't use.

Since we can't run as low as the RB, we need the high DF RW.
    Yup.. if we used it, ferrari might loose lap time around corners.

Yes, the team did have something to lose. They had a safe 2-3 in the bag, and if they pitted that puts unneeded pressure on the crew. If the crew fumble, they look insane for pitting. In that situation, you let the driver fend for themselves.

Leclerc doing all he can getting that P1 during quali (Bahrain he was sitting duck on the straights, he used his skills to get on top/Jeddah the same / Imola it’s the same/Now Miami) …. Now we can’t give the chances away like this.

Bring on the upgrades & hopefully they give us some much needed performance

For the last two weeks we kept hearing about how Ferrari had extra HP in their engine they were bringing, how there was a ERS upgrade, then it became an MGU-K upgrade, then it became PU2 that was turned up. We also heard there was a new rear wing to answer Red Bull's straight line speed. Well, safe to say, those rumors were ********. I wanted to believe them, but it's clear now it was Italian media talking crap.

Leclerc doing all he can getting that P1 during quali (Bahrain he was sitting duck on the straights, he used his skills to get on top/Jeddah the same / Imola it’s the same/Now Miami) …. Now we can’t give the chances away like this.

Bring on the upgrades & hopefully they give us some much needed performance
    You can’t win races if your dog crap slow on the straights in the era of DRS.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Yes, the team did have something to lose. They had a safe 2-3 in the bag, and if they pitted that puts unneeded pressure on the crew. If the crew fumble, they look insane for pitting. In that situation, you let the driver fend for themselves.
    Indeed and people have such short memories. That's exactly what they did last race and it ended up being the wrong decision as mistakes can and will happen. People were raging last time asking why they pitted him for new tyres. Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Anyway we still have a quick car. For whatever reason we have trouble keeping tyres in the window. 18 races to go. Long season ahead. Forza ferrari!

Binotto: Today Red Bull had the better pace, as it was in Imola, at least a couple of tenths faster per lap than us. They developed the car since the beginning of the season, which we didn‘t really.Red Bull spent money, so I hope at some stage with the budget cap, they will stop developing while we got some upgrades available.After five races, we are still leading both championships. As you said, we have not developed since the start of the season, we will have some upgrades certainly in Barcelona. And I hope that those upgrades will put us back in a closer fight."

Is that why you are happily disappointed?

Binotto: "That‘s why I am happily disappointed."
    Last edited by nani_s23; 8th May 2022 at 22:21.

Marko said the logical thing.
    That even if we pitted nothing could change simply because they would pit Max also ,and he had new set of mediums. Sl
    So as I see it ,we saw that we had pace with the hands and by not pitting we "forced" RedBull non to pit Max for noe mediums . For it was a good call!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Binotto: Today Red Bull had the better pace, as it was in Imola, at least a couple of tenths faster per lap than us. They developed the car since the beginning of the season, which we didn‘t really.Red Bull spent money, so I hope at some stage with the budget cap, they will stop developing while we got some upgrades available.

Is that why you are happily disappointed?

Binotto: "That‘s why I am happily disappointed."
    ��️ | Binotto on the upgrades for Barcelona:

"We have been focusing on this package since the beginning of the season, we know that if it works well it is a good package".

�� Charles Leclerc hopes the Barcelona package will allow the Ferrari F1-75 to be much faster!

"The upgrades will be very important throughout the year. And hopefully we can make a good step forward from the next race."

(autosport)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!