Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Hungarian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Ferrari mistakes this race:
    1. First not let Charles through Saniz at the first stint, where he was completely dominating would have challenged Russel & passed him. Wasted too many laps behind Saniz who wasn’t able to overtake Russel.

2. Pitting Saniz too early on mediums. Not sure then what is the use of starting on Mediums

3. Pit stops horrible (Saniz)

4. Bringing Charles in for Hards (note: he was doing excellent lap times)

Not sure what we’re ferrari strategy team aiming at?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    OMG…. Mattia defending the strategy
    Saying car wasn’t great. Are you serious? Charles was very fast on those mediums.

Mattia says from the simulation data hard tyres were faster after 3-4 laps it seems….. are you really blind??? Haven’t he seen Alpine struggle with hard tyres & everyone was passing them.?

I don’t understand Mattia’s comments. Common man please accept it’s a mistake atleast we will try digest that. But blindly defending doesn’t make sense.

Time to focus on 2023.
    well maybe they were in SIMULATION. but did they simulate these temps? and like you said, just look at how they performed on the Alpine, that's better than any simulation.

and if he wants to say the pace wasn't there, i'd be fine with that, if he would admit that they went the wrong direction with setup on Friday for the rest of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles is faster, are you forgetting Sainz mistakes?
    Charles was faster at the beginning of the season. Now I doubt it.

The same thing happened last year. Carlos needed time to understand the car. Like this year

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post

The same thing happened last year. Carlos needed time to understand the car. Like this year
    Carlos could not pass Russell today and Charles did so and build a 5 seconds gap
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    And Carlos, for some very strange reason, always gets a strategy that helps him to recover, or to destroy Leclerc's chances. Monaco, GB as just 2 examples.
    This is the most ridiculous statement I have read in a long time. So, according to you, Ferrari's strategy is to destroy Lecrerc's races and maximize the result for Sainz.

Well done. I think we need people like you to run the team....

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    At least Rueda does well to keep Sainz closer to Leclerc in the championship so he keeps his compatriots at Santander happy right?

Of course you are Carlos fan and you see everything good for your driver. Like today, and Silverstone, in your mind it's just that Carlos beat Lec in the end if the race.
    Unfortunately this is also how pathetic the team looks at things!!!!
    Well in the end like you ,the team will stay just with Carlos and try to win 2-3 races and you will be happy
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says Ferrari hamstrung themselves by not keeping a new set of medium tyres available for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Ferrari made the surprising decision to switch Charles Leclerc onto the hard tyres during the race, despite a warning from the likes of*Alpine*who struggled in a major way on that compound.

Leclerc met a similar fate, powerless to defend against*Max Verstappen*and George Russell on the hard rubber, leading to Ferrari calling him in for a third pit-stop and a switch to soft tyres.

That left Leclerc down in P6, the position where he finished the race, having looked a strong contender for the win at one stage.

Asked by Sky Sports F1 if Mercedes had been left scratching their heads when Ferrari put Leclerc onto the hard tyres, Wolff replied: “I think they had no option. They had only hard and soft left and for the soft it was too early. So only the hard.

“I think the mistake happened Friday, or Saturday, not to carry over a new medium.”
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Carlos could not pass Russell today and Charles did so and build a 5 seconds gap
    Carlos tyres were softs and degrading quickly... he had to caress his tyres to end the race. Let's see who ends the WDC with more points before we decide to grant Charles the #1 spot in the team, shall we?

This is the most ridiculous statement I have read in a long time. So, according to you, Ferrari's strategy is to destroy Lecrerc's races and maximize the result for Sainz.

Yeh ,unfortunately THEY ARE ,and this is what they deliver. They only care what better strategy Carlos will get and take the most idiotic for Lec. Have you realize that the hole paddock is discussing this and they all laugh with decisions like today's for Lec ????!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Yeh ,unfortunately THEY ARE ,and this is what they deliver. They only care what better strategy Carlos will get and take the most idiotic for Lec. Have you realize that the hole paddock is discussing this and they all laugh with decisions like today's for Lec ????!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Of course you are Carlos fan and you see everything good for your driver. Like today, and Silverstone, in your mind it's just that Carlos beat Lec in the end if the race.
    Unfortunately this is also how pathetic the team looks at things!!!!
    Well in the end like you ,the team will stay just with Carlos and try to win 2-3 races and you will be happy
    I believe that the better driver is the one who finishes the season with more points.

In 2021 that was Carlos.

Case closed.

The team screwed up Lecrerc's strategy and Sainz's pitstops.

You may cry as much as you want, but Ferrari will not name Charles as #1 driver yet. He has not merited it so far, given the difference in points.

I'm still stunned.. utterly utterly stunned.

it seems Ferrari don't want to win the titles at all.

This is so embarrassing and I'm totally GUTTED

You may cry as much as you want, but Ferrari will not name Charles as #1 driver yet. He has not merited it so far, given the difference in points.
    I know they don't and this is their disaster!!! Just to keep your fellow countryman happy. And peaple like you can leave happily in your illusion that your awesome driver beat Lec like today!!!!!! Pathetic!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I know they don't and this is their disaster!!! Just to keep your fellow countryman happy. And peaple like you can leave happily in your illusion that your awesome driver beat Lec like today!!!!!! Pathetic!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I’ve officially given up on this year’s championships. I’m just going to watch until the end to see which other ways we will find the screw our drivers over. This is more than embarrassing for the whole Ferrari team. Such incompetence and lack of intuitive decision making is beyond me. They saw that the hards don’t work and they still put them on. It’s just incredible.

Now we’ll analyze and come back stronger, hahahahaha. Yeah right.

I believe that the better driver is the one who finishes the season with more points.

In 2021 that was Carlos.

Case closed.
    You are truly a result based analysis guy. And by judging where are you from, well. According to you, Sebastian Vettel is the better driver than Fernando Alonso in 2012 because he scored more points right ? Alex Albon is 6th in 2020 so he's better than other 14 drivers right ?

Well, it's not me. It's official: Sainz beat Lecrerc today:

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ce-result.html

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    You are truly a result based analysis guy. And by judging where are you from, well. According to you, Sebastian Vettel is the better driver than Fernando Alonso in 2012 because he scored more points right ? Alex Albon is 6th in 2020 so he's better than other 14 drivers right ?
    Vettel was neither driving the same car nor in the same team as Fernando. But Sainz and Lecrerc are both driving for the same car in the same team.
    The one who gets more points at the end of the season is the better driver.

I rest my case...

Well, it's not me. It's official: Sainz beat Lecrerc today:

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ce-result.html
    Can not even type the driver's name correctly. Go home you donkey drunk
    Of course everyone with a pair of eyes can see how much faster Leclerc was in this race compared to Sainz. Did you actually watch the race ??? Are you blind or not by not seeing the 2 stops for Sainz and a 3 stops for Leclerc with and ass - hard tyres ??? How can a people like you exist on this forum ???

Vettel was neither driving the same car nor in the same team as Fernando. But Sainz and Lecrerc are both driving for the same car in the same team.
    The one who gets more points at the end of the season is the better driver.

I rest my case...
    Goodbye, you're the next on my ignore list

For me it shows ferrari doesn’t have clear mind set to what their goal is ?? Don’t say me “Ferrari being competitive is enough”.

If they want to win titles, they should focus on who is your no.1 first. Then get behind him whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    For me it shows ferrari doesn’t have clear mind set to what their goal is ?? Don’t say me “Ferrari being competitive is enough”.

If they want to win titles, they should focus on who is your no.1 first. Then get behind him whatever it takes.
    Clearly they don't. After Silverstone and today I'm convinced!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I think they pitted Charles for hards because they considered a conservative strategy to finish the race on those tires. They thought of doing less pit stops because overtaking is usually extremely difficult on this circuit. Track position is king on this circuit but for some reason it wasn't the case today. Binotto is partially right, the car didn't have the pace to win, but it surely had the pace to finish at least 3rd and 4th. They threw away a podium due to bad strategy and slow pit stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I think they pitted Charles for hards because they considered a conservative strategy to finish the race on those tires. They thought of doing less pit stops because overtaking is usually extremely difficult on this circuit. Track position is king on this circuit but for some reason it wasn't the case today. Binotto is partially right, the car didn't have the pace to win, but it surely had the pace to finish at least 3rd and 4th. They threw away a podium due to bad strategy and slow pit stops.
    Look at my post at least in Leclerc’s hand the car had enough pace to fight at least for P1 they messed up the race completely

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Look at my post at least in Leclerc’s hand the car had enough pace to fight at least for P1 they messed up the race completely

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says Ferrari hamstrung themselves by not keeping a new set of medium tyres available for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Ferrari made the surprising decision to switch Charles Leclerc onto the hard tyres during the race, despite a warning from the likes of*Alpine*who struggled in a major way on that compound.

Leclerc met a similar fate, powerless to defend against*Max Verstappen*and George Russell on the hard rubber, leading to Ferrari calling him in for a third pit-stop and a switch to soft tyres.

That left Leclerc down in P6, the position where he finished the race, having looked a strong contender for the win at one stage.

Asked by Sky Sports F1 if Mercedes had been left scratching their heads when Ferrari put Leclerc onto the hard tyres, Wolff replied: “I think they had no option. They had only hard and soft left and for the soft it was too early. So only the hard.

“I think the mistake happened Friday, or Saturday, not to carry over a new medium.”
    This is BS. They all had same tyres available for the race. Only difference was starting tyre.

This is BS. They all had same tyres available for the race. Only difference was starting tyre.