Page 13 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526273863 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Latest rumour - Alonso willing to join Ferrari if Seb goes. On the salary of 14mil dollars, same as offered to Seb. Only condition is A WINNING CAR.
    As much as I’d love to see Alonso win a WDC with Ferrari, he’s gotta realize he’s not a spring chick anymore and that he’ll be running against Charles, one who we all know schooled a 4xWDC last year...
    I personally don’t think Alo is gonna be humiliated by Charles, but one never knows...the kid is better then good and got some real speed...

So for the sake of Alo, I hope he doesn’t return to Ferrari

I know Seb turned down 12M a year contract, we’ll actually don’t know, it may still be rumours, but out of curiosity how much is Charles getting paid per year in his new contract? Prolly way less then 40 M per year what Vetal was getting in his previous contract

Quote Originally Posted by bonzo View Post
    Latest rumour - Alonso willing to join Ferrari if Seb goes. On the salary of 14mil dollars, same as offered to Seb. Only condition is A WINNING CAR.
    Ferrari has nothing to gain by re-signing Vettel/signing up Alonso again. Alonso is too old and it's too late to build the team around him.

Leclerc is Ferrari's both present and future, time has come for Ferrari to stop looking at the past and build up the future.

Sainz/DR the best deal for vettel seat. Both are best at race.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari has nothing to gain by re-signing Vettel/signing up Alonso again. Alonso is too old and it's too late to build the team around him.

Leclerc is Ferrari's both present and future, time has come for Ferrari to stop looking at the past and build up the future.
    If RIC/GIO/SAI and ALO are considered too old and non-starters should Seb escape, I agree with you and maybe they should take one of the young guns from the FDA to join Charles, like his brother Arthur, he's very good in the Esports sim racing! Just a thought. But youth isn't everything, just a question of having no fear!
    Last edited by wisepie; 23rd April 2020 at 07:44.

2020 F1 news/rumours

Ferrari should ideally try to convince Vettel for an year extension, without any pre season agreement which driver will be favored in a 50-50 situation. Don’t think we should go Alonso route, maybe yes if Leclerc was not there or if he was not as good as we have seen. If Vettel negotiation breaks, I’ll probably hope we get Ricciardo, he’s hungry, quicker than Vettel and he seems to be good when it comes to handling a fast teammate.

The future is with the young guns.They are hungry they want sucsess Charles + sainz a very young pairing fast hungry and a marketing dream for Ferrari.Sainz comes with good Mexican sponsorship. Mexico will be a major supply hub after corona virus with America setting up supply chains as others will and give china the boot.Boom time.Sainz is a good fit in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    The future is with the young guns.They are hungry they want sucsess Charles + sainz a very young pairing fast hungry and a marketing dream for Ferrari.Sainz comes with good Mexican sponsorship. Mexico will be a major supply hub after corona virus with America setting up supply chains as others will and give china the boot.Boom time.Sainz is a good fit in many ways.
    Sainz is NOT mexican.....what mexican sponsorship?? he is Spanish....DOH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Sainz is NOT mexican.....what mexican sponsorship?? he is Spanish....DOH!!!
    But wouldn't he still speak Mexican? Maybe the sponsors will like him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    that's a different story....i was just making a point to him that he is NOT mexican but rather she's spanish....and yeah, both mexican and spanish people speak the same language....SPANISH

that's a different story....i was just making a point to him that he is NOT mexican but rather she's spanish....and yeah, both mexican and spanish people speak the same language....SPANISH

Yes I stand corrected he is not Mexican he is Spanish any way he is fast.He also understands italian and so does Charles so Ferrari win again.

Ferrari is; was; and always will be a #1 #2 driver; team orders team. Charles; young as he is has earned that #1 seat with Ferrari. Now if Ferrari gives him a car that can compete with R Bull Honda and Merc; he will for sure be the best chance Ferrari will have at WDC, WCC. If and when Seb leaves Ferrari will need a driver who will sign on the dotted line that he knows he's the #2 driver and race accordingly. Binotto has proved to be weak in this area as far as forcing the #1 #2 rule. Remember the general opinion here is anyone in Louis' car will be a winner , it's the car not the diver! Give Gio the chance and the car !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Ferrari is; was; and always will be a #1 #2 driver; team orders team. Charles; young as he is has earned that #1 seat with Ferrari. Now if Ferrari gives him a car that can compete with R Bull Honda and Merc; he will for sure be the best chance Ferrari will have at WDC, WCC. If and when Seb leaves Ferrari will need a driver who will sign on the dotted line that he knows he's the #2 driver and race accordingly. Binotto has proved to be weak in this area as far as forcing the #1 #2 rule. Remember the general opinion here is anyone in Louis' car will be a winner , it's the car not the diver! Give Gio the chance and the car !!
    You and I are on the same page, Brembo, but GIO still needs to prove that he is quick enough and can fight at the top end of the grid, the only way we'll find out is to put him in a really competitive car. At present it seems that even Charles would have trouble if the car isn't as competitive as it should be. On a different note and referring to the cost-cutting issues which Binotto seems to be against, F1 is on a very fragile footing at the present time and although Binotto is considerate towards Ferrari's staff and heritage, it seems to me that he is being somewhat unrealistic and again appears indecisive in his attitude towards what will be required to save the sport. Difficult decisions indeed, the drivers, whoever they are, just need the car to be the best!

It's proven that Ricciardo can't out drive Max one on one, and hopefully it will be Ferrari up fighting to stay in 1st place every race. Max and Louis will more than likely the competition up there. I believe Ricciardo will be trying to out do Charles for #1 seat and not trying when needed to help Charles stay in 1st if team orders are called. I wish Gio would get the shot and do a " Charles " 1st. year for Ferrari . At least he will be a true team mate and do what he can when he can for Charles who is right up there with the best. His salary also will be more acceptable.
    No, it really is not, not when the team was 100% behind one driver.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Chill I was being sarcastic. I gotta learn to use emojis. By the way i believe Sainz is a guy.

no matter how much they deny it, almost all top teams have a #1 & #2. Definitely all the successful teams. I think Binotto had to show Vettel some favoritism, he was the top guy at the team and you can't go into a new season without showing confidence in your top guy. But as the season went on, Leclerc earned the right to be considered an equal and more. Let Leclerc have an experienced guy for at least 1 or 2 more years, then bring in GIO. For 2 reasons, 1. Leclerc is young and can still learn from an experienced team mate and 2. it would be better to gage his speed against an experienced, quick team mate than to let him get a little complacent against a team mate that might not push him so hard. Just my 2 cents.

Chill I was being sarcastic. I gotta learn to use emojis. By the way i believe Sainz is a guy.
    must be the canadian sarcasm in you i did not really get....ha, ha...

really?? you think he's a guy??? i thought he was a gal....LMAO

must be the canadian sarcasm in you i did not really get....ha, ha...

really?? you think he's a guy??? i thought he was a gal....LMAO

I'm pretty sure he's a guy unless you know something I don't? Regardless of gender... I think he might be a good fit with Leclerc. He seems pretty calm, he's got some decent speed and he's a likable 'guy?'. Plus he speaks Spanish and his Americans not so bad either.

I'm pretty sure he's a guy unless you know something I don't? Regardless of gender... I think he might be a good fit with Leclerc. He seems pretty calm, he's got some decent speed and he's a likable 'guy?'. Plus he speaks Spanish and his Americans not so bad either.
    yeah, i too hope Ferrari will snatch Sainz...Seb is old news and well past due.......but knowing Ferrari, i'm sure they;ll cave in and offer him another year or 2 contract....BOOOOOOOO
    instead of grabbing Sainz at a fraction of a cost...

we'll see, time will tell

BTW, which part of ONT are you from???

Off the topic.
    Back in the day, and I quite remember this one, they ware actually racing when rain was falling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=B6rWciKjf0M

no matter how much they deny it, almost all top teams have a #1 & #2. Definitely all the successful teams. I think Binotto had to show Vettel some favoritism, he was the top guy at the team and you can't go into a new season without showing confidence in your top guy. But as the season went on, Leclerc earned the right to be considered an equal and more. Let Leclerc have an experienced guy for at least 1 or 2 more years, then bring in GIO. For 2 reasons, 1. Leclerc is young and can still learn from an experienced team mate and 2. it would be better to gage his speed against an experienced, quick team mate than to let him get a little complacent against a team mate that might not push him so hard. Just my 2 cents.
    OK, your point is well made. But Seb is exactly the experienced driver alongside Charles that you described and gaged against and he did great. Going into the next season Charles should for sure be the top guy to have the confidence in. I just wish there was a next season soon !! Stay well!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 25th April 2020 at 01:39.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Off the topic.
    Back in the day, and I quite remember this one, they ware actually racing when rain was falling...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=B6rWciKjf0M
    that ain;t happening nowadays Stefa....they will follow the safety car for at LEAST half the laps....sad but true
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Charles on Twitch

Attached Images Attached Images
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

yeah, i too hope Ferrari will snatch Sainz...Seb is old news and well past due.......but knowing Ferrari, i'm sure they;ll cave in and offer him another year or 2 contract....BOOOOOOOO
    instead of grabbing Sainz at a fraction of a cost...

we'll see, time will tell

BTW, which part of ONT are you from???
    Brampton.

Silverstone cancelled for fans, still possible they might run it without fans.
    Forza Ferrari

F1 2020 will probably start on July 5 in Austria. With no fans in attendance.

Fingers crossed .More than another summer's break to wait.This will truely test the mentle rissolve of the drivers .No fans no atmosphere, this will play a role in stigmatising what is actually left of the f1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Fingers crossed .More than another summer's break to wait.This will truely test the mentle rissolve of the drivers .No fans no atmosphere, this will play a role in stigmatising what is actually left of the f1 season.
    There is a lot left in F1 season, the whole world is now restarting, lock down restrictions getting eased everywhere. Can't wait for the season to start.

A bit off-topic, but still related to F1.

The father of my mom's friend passed away from heart related problems last night unfortunately after being hospitalized for about a month, in a different section from those with Covid-19 related issues, in Rho, Lombardy. After 4 tests that still showed negative, the certificate given to his daughter clearly said - death from Covid-19. After 4 negative tests! Do you guys understand how ridiculous this bs has got? I'm here, in the epicentre, very close to Bergamo and I believe this was all a massive bs which is about to ruin this beautiful country.

Can you imagine it will be again enough for one positive test in the paddock to get everyone packing their stuff and leave? A test that first of all has a big margin of error. We've had here people being told after tests that they were positive, but in fact they weren't. If they say it's so contagious, which I believe it is, as every other coronavirus, there will definitely be infected people even among the staff.

This has lead me to the conclusion that it won't be about the virus deciding when and if F1 restarts, but some powers up there giving the green light.

Once again, sorry for the off-topic.
    Ferrari per sempre !