Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CanadianGP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    All this happend in a split of a second. Seb just did what every experienced driver would do. Correct the car and make it to the path. To tell me that he had time to steer it correctly, avoid the collision with wall and deliberatelly block diva, one has to be dilussional!!!
    This was just blatand and brutal robbery!!!
    This. There was also a second snap he was correcting for when he hit the pavement. Damn stewards muffed it and they know this.

Lewis the FIA golden boy always gets away with everything, while if the situation is reversed, his rivals gets penalized. Go watch this video and see for yourself:

Lewis will never get the respect of real F1 fans, even if he breaks all of Michael Schumacher's records. Unlike Golden Boy Lewis, Schumi earned those records even if he was the villain in the eyes of the FIA half of his F1 career.

Quote Originally Posted by REDARMYSOJA View Post
    You want to read something that will really make you mad? Read the stewards reasoning for giving Vettel the penalty.

So, they are saying they punished Vettel for what he did AFTER he was back in control of the car. He had came back onto the track without causing a collision or hindering another driver, so therefore he did not re-enter the track in an unsafe manner. He regained control, made a move to prevent Hamilton from overtaking, and that is what he was punished for, not unsafe re-entry.

It's just totally ridiculous and obvious the call was such crap that stewards can't explain it.
    That would be the basis of the appeal, if I were them.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We need to replace the pitwall guys for Leclerc, they forgot to tell him? come off it. I would say they never told him in case he beat Seb also...
    Agreed. Must be done yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by T99 View Post
    I saw Hamilton locking up at least 3 times behind vettel and loosing at least 1 second each time, vettel was in a slower car trying to keep a faster car behind at all costs he had oversteer into the chicane and recovered brilliantly and was even able to keep the position, só don’t start with that ********, if F1 was still a sport and racing was allowed it would have been a fantastic weekend by vettel he drove brilliantly.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Question: Why did Seb come back out for the podium?

What penalty could he have incurred? Surely they could not black flag him, race was over.

Take away his 2nd place? Who cares, "if you ain't first, you're last". The championship was lost several races ago. Who cares about a 2nd place.

A monetary fine for him or Ferrari? I'm sure he can afford it.

I was most disappointed that he came back out. He acted like a gentlemen, but I don't think he should have come back out. Personally, I feel he should have blasted the stewards and FIA as biased. Make a public spectacle (more than it already was) of it. Drag them through the mud as much as possible. They are already on team Lewis, so who gives a crap.
    They would have probably given him a penalty for the next race or even prevented him from starting at all for brining the sport in disrepute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[AMuS] Was the team radio message from Mercedes to Hamilton during the formation lap allowed?

Renault Operations Director Alan Permane had the opinion that this message might have violated the rules in the formation lap (Renault didn't protest though)

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...rme-gp-kanada/

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    [AMuS] Was the team radio message from Mercedes to Hamilton during the formation lap allowed?

Renault Operations Director Alan Permane had the opinion that this message might have violated the rules in the formation lap (Renault didn't protest though)

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...rme-gp-kanada/
    So much **** is going around Mercedes and all of it gets ignored by FIA or deemed legal or etc... But every single thing Ferrari does gets punished like in 1 second. If anyone says there is not a Mercedes bias in F1, he should be put in a straitjacket. How can this bullexcrement be tolerated? Why doesn't Ferrari do something? Isn't Ferrari supposed to be the most powerfull and influencial team in the sport? Hell... they are just the most powerfull automotive brand in the world.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    So much **** is going around Mercedes and all of it gets ignored by FIA or deemed legal or etc... But every single thing Ferrari does gets punished like in 1 second. If anyone says there is not a Mercedes bias in F1, he should be put in a straitjacket. How can this bullexcrement be tolerated? Why doesn't Ferrari do something? Isn't Ferrari supposed to be the most powerfull and influencial team in the sport? Hell... they are just the most powerfull automotive brand in the world.
    To me ferrari lost its ground politically. If we go back to earlier days, ferrari stands were strong & their voice too. Either yes or no.
    But from the current hybrid era, ferrari were weak not only in terms of their words but also taking clear cut decision. Their voice is too low now. I don’t want see them going into Williams condition performance wise.
    Ferrari should show it’s strength during Reg changes, so that atleast to some extent they can get what they want.

Look at 2019 Pirelli tyre spec, ferrari & RB initially agreed for the change. Now they suffer from those spec, coming out again giving statements such as we need to get back to old spec. Doesn’t look good on the whole picture.

A recap of what drivers/ex drivers have said on the Vettel/Hamilton incident.

• Brundle - “may as well pack and go home”
    • Andretti - “not acceptable”
    • Herbert - “wrong, wrong, wrong”
    • McNish - “tough decision for VET”
    • Wurz - “a penalty? Not in my view”
    • Hill - “There was enough doubt to let them carry on.”
    • Mansell - “Very, very embarrassing”
    • Coulthard - “Whatever happened to racing?”
    • Chandhok - “Its just racing”
    • Button - “It doesn’t deserve a penalty”
    • Van der Garde - “Wouldn’t go to the podium if I was Vettel. Honestly.”
    • Webber - “Mental penalty”
    • Di Grassi - “MAKE RACING GREAT AGAIN!”
    • Chilton - “All drivers know Vettel could have not gone back to power and joined safely on the inside.”
    • Casey Stoner - “F1 that is the worst decision you have ever made”
    • Jason Plato - “Terrible decision”
    • Hamilton - “I’d have done the same as Vettel”
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

• Chilton - “All drivers know Vettel could have not gone back to power and joined safely on the inside.”
    Very nice compilation of quotes - each further proving that F1 is corrupt, biased towards Hamilton and that it has completely lost its way.

I’m waiting for old man Bernie to come out and speak...he’s got nothing to lose. Maybe he will finally pull off the covers from all of this Merc-Pirelli-Hamilton corruption.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    They would have probably given him a penalty for the next race or even prevented him from starting at all for brining the sport in disrepute.

So? Who cares? One could argue that the stewards brought the sport into disrepute. So they won't let him start the next race... is he fighting for the championship? No. If I was him I would crash my car into Hamilton at every race from now on. Help Mr Potatohead win the title.

So? Who cares? One could argue that the stewards brought the sport into disrepute. So they won't let him start the next race... is he fighting for the championship? No. If I was him I would crash my car into Hamilton at every race from now on. Help Mr Potatohead win the title.
    You know they would probably take away his super license if he did that. Vettel is a racer, he wants to race.

Those were my thoughts as well...when he heard of the 5 second penalty he should have ran Hamilton off the road and let Leclerc and Bottas take the podium...what’s the difference at this point?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post
    You know they would probably take away his super license if he did that. Vettel is a racer, he wants to race.
    That's why I said "if I were him." I would want to race too, but somehow I would underestimate my breaking point and take out his rear wing. Sorry. Maybe not at every race, but at least three or four. Just enough to let Mr. Potatohead won the title.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Those were my thoughts as well...when he heard of the 5 second penalty he should have ran Hamilton off the road and let Leclerc and Bottas take the podium...what’s the difference at this point?
    Someone posted the idea that he should have backed Hamilton into Leclerc. Maybe Leclerc could have overtaken Hamilton, then slow down and let Seb build a 5+ second gap. Either that or just crash into Hamilton.

If such is the situation, then mercs will remove bottas engine or any other component & send him out on track so that he does go into DNF & still Lewis wins it.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If such is the situation, then mercs will remove bottas engine or any other component & send him out on track so that he does go into DNF & still Lewis wins it.
    But wouldn't that be hysterical to see?!

But wouldn't that be hysterical to see?!
    Probably, that’s the only alternative for mercs to help Lewis.

Someone posted the idea that he should have backed Hamilton into Leclerc. Maybe Leclerc could have overtaken Hamilton, then slow down and let Seb build a 5+ second gap. Either that or just crash into Hamilton.
    Yes, I thought they were planning to do something like that, when Seb was 3.3 sec ahead and a bit later Ham was right behind Seb. But no, Seb just lost focus.

That's why I said "if I were him." I would want to race too, but somehow I would underestimate my breaking point and take out his rear wing. Sorry. Maybe not at every race, but at least three or four. Just enough to let Mr. Potatohead won the title.

This would have been a good idea. But our pit wall strategists so called greats haven't thought about other possibilities.

Ross Brawn the turn coat has finally surfaced that mercedes information supplying twit states that there is nothing sinister about penalty to seb. Ross landed his cushy job and drove off into the sun set.Mr magoo Brawn never looked back not realising the carnage he left behind oh magoo you have done it again.

We need to replace the pitwall guys for Leclerc, they forgot to tell him? come off it. I would say they never told him in case he beat Seb also...
    well they said Leclerc has different strategy team just 2 weeks ago after Monaco quali and now they don't anymore?
    not gonna change my profile picture

1. Interpretation of the Rules - The rule for re-joining the track refers to drivers doing so at a time and in a manner of their own doing. It does not apply in this case VET was essentially out of control and had little choice where and when to re-join the track
    2. HAM had the best seat in the house in terms of observing the incident unfold - there was no way he was gonna get cleaned up, therefore it could not be unsafe
    3. Precedent - HAM and others have done similar without punishment
    4. It was a racing incident

Quote Originally Posted by vcs316 View Post

You forgot Daniel riccaiardo and helmut marko

https://www.planetf1.com/news/riccia...ons-in-monaco/

Quote Originally Posted by XXX132 View Post
    3. Precedent - HAM and others have done similar without punishment
    Max got same penalty Japan last year, although he did hit Kimi.
    Forza Ferrari

Max got same penalty Japan last year, although he did hit Kimi.
    Max got the penalty because when he got back on the track he was side by side with kimi and hit him, vettel was clearly ahead of Hamilton when he got back on track and they didn’t touch, it’s exactly like Monaco 2016 when Hamilton did the same and didn’t get any penalty. As riccardo himself said in 2016 Hamilton left him less space than what vettel left in Canada

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

The team we are rooting for is not Ferrari anymore.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees