Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari forced into closures due to coronavirus

Ferrari forced into closures due to coronavirus

Ferrari are the latest Formula 1 team to take action as the deadly coronavirus continues to spread around the world.

There has been an increased in confirmed cases in Italy over the last few days and, as a result, Gazzetta dello Sport has reported that local authorities have asked Ferrari to close their museums in Maranello and Modena.

Ferrari has also placed their own restrictions with employees who are residents or who have visited the areas in Italy most affected by the infection forbidden access to the Scuderia facilities.

Factory tours have also been suspended, as well as business meetings that are not of the highest importance.

Ferrari are also believed to be seriously considering more remote working and limiting travel when the Formula 1 begins its world tour in March, starting in Australia.

Ferrari are following in the footsteps of McLaren, who placed a ban on any personnel from entering their facilities at the first pre-season test in Barcelona if they had visited China in the last two weeks.

The coronavirus has already put the Chinese Grand Prix on hold, but Vietnam officials are still adamant that their inaugural street race on April 5 is still going ahead as planned.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-coronavirus/
    #KeepFightingMichael | #CiaoJules

Oh dear. I hope it does not affect the daily operations leading to the 1st race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not like we don’t have enough problems as it is....if you go by the media with correlation problems between wind tunnel and track...now all we need this virus to interact with our workforce in the factory...

Damn you corona virus....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

The most important thing is the safety of the workers and their families. The rest needs to be put in the right perspective.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Can see major sporting events cancelled all over the place if the spread continues, especially something like F1 with so much travel involved.
    Forza Ferrari

I was going to post something about this myself. You were first Greig.

I don't think our guys will be let in to Australia in two weeks time. If Emilia-Romagna is on lock down, the Scuderia will not be let in to the country. Australia is ardent regarding things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rochas View Post
    The most important thing is the safety of the workers and their families. The rest needs to be put in the right perspective.

+1111

National series will be alright, as proven by the Serie A set to be going ahead behind closed doors, but F1 is probably likely to be cancelled for a while, especially since there's just no way to track where everyone's been. Might even be that Barcelona or Monaco will be the season opener, because that's how long I think this will take to calm down.

I see very little way for the three races ahead of the Chinese date to go ahead now that it's contagious 50 km away from a team's factory and since they will not be able to arrive in Australia early enough to go through a full quarantine. If two teams (also AlphaTauri) can't race because of external factors - the race will be cancelled. Alternatively, F1 pays for all personel to be properely tested (not just screened) upon arrival, which might be able to save the race. In that scenario, foreign attendance will probably be barred.

Since the personel already is in Qatar, I think MotoGP will go ahead without Ducati and Aprilia allowed to fly in additional personel. They have a more favourable spring schedule when it comes to areas affected so far as well (Qatar, Thailand, Argentina).

The Italian mortality rate has been exasperated by a cluster emerging in a hospital filled to the brim with pre-existing conditions (compare to South Korea and Japan for example), but it's going to freak people out too much. People within working age and with decent physical health should be alright in this since very few people below 60 succumb to this illness so far, so I'm hopeful our personel will do okay.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 26th February 2020 at 10:29.

I think F1 needs to cancel all races at least until May. At the moment, the risk is too high for everyone involved (spectators, F1 employees etc..). Hopefully, by spring time we'll know if it's a pandemic or the worst is over.

Ireland vs Italy rugby matches 'postponed'.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/51641149

Unless there are bad news coming from Lombardy tonight the overall increase of the infection rate seems like it's slowed down today, which is a positive. Target line for lowest percentage increase in Italy for a full day yet will be reached if there are fewer than 80 new cases reported tonight. Whether it will be fewer in numerical terms than yesterday depends on there being fewer than 27 being announced tonight, which seems unlikely. Still, breaking the increase curve is going to be the crucial thing the coming few days.

21st: 567 %
    22nd: 295 %
    23rd: 92 %
    24th: 52 %
    25th: 41 %
    26th: Currently at 16 %, will grow during the evening. Last night it was at something like 25-30 % increase this time of day, so it should be a better day in that aspect. Hopefully below 30 % increase today (beneath 97 new ones) is realistic.

First three races to go ahead as scheduled says f1 boss chase Carrey.

F-1 races are all about big time traveling to and from the next race , team members , fans , and anyone connected with flights and on and on. The risk is to much to comprehend !! For sure not everyone with the signs of the virus as even come forward. Even when a cure is discovered , how long will it take to reach all the people with the virus, and how long for them to recover? The world needs a miracle !!!! Pirelli is also located in northern Italy!
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th February 2020 at 04:15.

So apparently you need 16 cars to have an F1 race and if Ferrari can't make it, certainly alpha tauri cannot. Ferrari has to supply engines to Alfa Romeo and Haas. Pirelli can't make it out of Italy too.

So No Ferrari means no F1 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    So apparently you need 16 cars to have an F1 race and if Ferrari can't make it, certainly alpha tauri cannot. Ferrari has to supply engines to Alfa Romeo and Haas. Pirelli can't make it out of Italy too.

So No Ferrari means no F1 this season.
    Right ! But there's still hope that this scenario will not come to be. Besides Ferrari , Pirelli and other teams , I have to believe the fans will not show up at the tracks! That alone can & will kill the F-1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Right ! But there's still hope that this scenario will not come to be. Besides Ferrari , Pirelli and other teams , I have to believe the fans will not show up at the tracks! That alone can & will kill the F-1 season.
    Ofcoure we hope it won't come to that. When i said No Ferrari means No F1, I quite literally meant it. Including Ferrari ,4 teams will have to pull out and it won't make the minimum 16 cars.

If there is not the full compliment of teams there will not be a race as stated by Mr Ross Brawn Vietnam and bahrarain could well be cancelled china is already postponed But should be cancelled anyway.Who would want to go there any way .Teams would probably boycott the chineese race.The well being of fans and the respective teams far outweighs any f1 race.

Travel restrictions placed on travel from Italy to Australia.Advanced screening process.Anounced today 14.30 hrs by prime minister morrison. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Travel restrictions placed on travel from Italy to Australia.Advanced screening process.Anounced today 14.30 hrs by prime minister morrison. Stay tuned.
    Why not screen the teams now and after a week in their basis?

This could get tricky for Ferrari. They MIGHT miss a few F1 races.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESiQVP5XkAILK_O.jpg
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Womens World Championship in hockey @ CANADA in the middle of april was just cancelled completely to "protect" Canada from further corona spread.

Time to cancel the entire F1 calender in march and april if to follow the same reasoning.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This could get tricky for Ferrari. They MIGHT miss a few F1 races.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ESiQVP5XkAILK_O.jpg

Omit this.

This was a leak and a draft.

So nothing official...yet.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Ferrari isn't missing any races brawn already said last week that all teams have to compete or they all dont go

Correct 100% no Ferrari or any other team no fi race.

Also if there is a 1st race as scheduled and no fans show up, no F-1 !

Looks like Ferrari won't be going racing, whole area of Italy now on lockdown. So looks like no F1 racing for a good while.
    Forza Ferrari

Yup. Modena appears to be on 'the list'..

[metro. co.uk]
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Looks like Ferrari won't be going racing, whole area of Italy now on lockdown. So looks like no F1 racing for a good while.
    Lots of stuff is already in AUS, so the first race should be fine... what comes after that, nobody knows probably

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Ferrari employees granted permission to leave Italy.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...an_Grand_Prix/

My travel is also cancelled due to corona virus. I should be travelling to Germany - Stolberg & then to Italy for seminars. Now everything is cancelled.

Hope situations gets better & everyone will be safe.