Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 530414243444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1908

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It's great to see that Bahrain will have 3 practices again! I'm sure Charles is happy to know he can do his thing getting ready for quali. and the race.
    But sadly I don't think Charles and Seb will have the power to keep others behind them in the race as it's likely to be dry race with the usual parameters restored after several new tracks and mixed conditions. I hope I'm wrong and I'm sure Charles will practice more than enough, remember he led that race last year until the engine went to pot.

Smarten up stop reading to much into ferrari engine news ferrari are playing there cards tightly held.Say one thing and mean another .Ferrari will keep all guessing but one thing is for sure expect a solid fight back.The teams know this is to be expected.Foolish those who beg to differ.Podiums and wins next year.

Podiums are there for Ferrari this year too. Smarten up! Only the races as they happen tell the true story for 2020. Foolish for any fan to think Ferrari and the drivers gave up. Just having Binotto stay home for the rest of the races is like adding HP to the cars!!

There are several reasons why I think Bahrain will be better than people think:

* There are eight slow turns and changes of direction, where our car has been working wonders this year.
    * In addition there are seven heavy braking zones, where our car also excels.
    * Dusty track and warmer track temperatures will mean that tyre management will be critical and also help us get the tyres into operating temperature windows easier.
    * Charles is fabulous when it comes to driving in Bahrain and his attacking style of trusting the rear end of the car is critical in terms of getting the car slowed down.

In fact, I think it's entirely feasible that Charles might make Q3 on mediums similar to how it was in Portugal and if so, then that's going to be an easy P4.

A great evaluation ! P-4 ! Even maybe... a podium ! Something to drink to !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    There are several reasons why I think Bahrain will be better than people think:

* There are eight slow turns and changes of direction, where our car has been working wonders this year.
    * In addition there are seven heavy braking zones, where our car also excels.
    * Dusty track and warmer track temperatures will mean that tyre management will be critical and also help us get the tyres into operating temperature windows easier.
    * Charles is fabulous when it comes to driving in Bahrain and his attacking style of trusting the rear end of the car is critical in terms of getting the car slowed down.

In fact, I think it's entirely feasible that Charles might make Q3 on mediums similar to how it was in Portugal and if so, then that's going to be an easy P4.
    I tend to kind of agree with your points about the FIRST race in Bahrain, but the second one which will pretty much be in an oval track, I very much doubt we’ll be anything special in either quali or race.....our engine is the weakest and we’ll get killed by the competitors

Apparently it might rain on the race weekend in Bahrain. We may have a solid shot at winning the race if that really happens. Of course, there is still a week to go to really find out.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Ferrari can snatch third place in constructors championship this iam sure is the goal.That would be a tremendous result considering ferrari was up against a wall this season.

I’d take it.
    Bit sad that I’d have to...

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Found this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wn1EFLa2C8

it is couple of years old, but still quite interesting...

Thank you! Very interesting for sure. Unbelievable details go into the cars. How the drivers can stay seated like that and the G force on their neck fora whole race ! They deserve their pay!
    Last edited by Brembo; 24th November 2020 at 04:46.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I tend to kind of agree with your points about the FIRST race in Bahrain, but the second one which will pretty much be in an oval track, I very much doubt we’ll be anything special in either quali or race.....our engine is the weakest and we’ll get killed by the competitors
    The second is going to be better than Monza and Spa because the average speed will be lower. There will still be six slow turns to negotiate on that short lap as well as four sizeable braking zones. Also, unlike Spa, there are no fast corners so it's easier for us to get away with really low wing levels.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Apparently it might rain on the race weekend in Bahrain. We may have a solid shot at winning the race if that really happens. Of course, there is still a week to go to really find out.
    Bahrain .....rain ? Interesting. It’s one of hottest circuit on the calendar.

The second is going to be better than Monza and Spa because the average speed will be lower. There will still be six slow turns to negotiate on that short lap as well as four sizeable braking zones. Also, unlike Spa, there are no fast corners so it's easier for us to get away with really low wing levels.
    Hope you’re right....we definitely need to rack up some more points in the WCC
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Binotto will be back traveling with the team fort the next race. Regardless; I'm hoping for Ferrari to do a podium 3, 4 finish or better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Hope you’re right....we definitely need to rack up some more points in the WCC
    I'd expect the pole time to be about 235-240 kph.

Monza 264
    Mugello 251
    Silverstone 251
    Spa 249
    Red Bull Ring 247
    Sochi 231

In general, Bahrain Outer reminds me more of the latter two than the former ones.

I don't think Bahrain's short circuit is going to suit us so well. Maybe it'll be so short that no one will be able to get too far ahead.

Check this. Almost no braking. Only 4 real hard braking points, rest of the time it's either accelerating or flat out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a22zH6LcXlU

Weather forecast for the Bahrain GP

The Bahrain International Circuit is set for sunny conditions for the race weekend, with a high chance of cloud cover for all three days of track action, but a minimal chance of rain. Across the weekend highs of 27 degrees Celsius are forecast - around 14 degrees hotter than the recent Emilia Romagna GP and Turkish GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I don't think Bahrain's short circuit is going to suit us so well. Maybe it'll be so short that no one will be able to get too far ahead.

Check this. Almost no braking. Only 4 real hard braking points, rest of the time it's either accelerating or flat out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a22zH6LcXlU
    Obviously worse than the main circuit, but it's still more similar to Austria than to Monza due to the second straight being relatively short and there being a heavy braking zone on average every 800 metres. In addition, our car is better in the really slow stuff than in high-speed corners in general. Monza has four long straights and Spa has two enormous ones, this one has just one long straight, one semi-long and two shorter ones.

Also, the shorter lap will help our ERS as well.

our car is better in the really slow stuff
    thanks for the laugh, I know what you mean, but that sounds funny.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    But sadly I don't think Charles and Seb will have the power to keep others behind them in the race as it's likely to be dry race with the usual parameters restored after several new tracks and mixed conditions. I hope I'm wrong and I'm sure Charles will practice more than enough, remember he led that race last year until the engine went to pot.
    Yeah, I am expecting Ferrari massacre in Bahrain.

Well, everything hinges on mediums to Q3 this weekend. If so, then I assume we will have much better tyre wear than the competitors and be just fine in the race. The tracks where we have struggled have been when starting on the softs. That being said, with higher temperatures it might work out regardless because the other midfield teams will struggle to maintain their tyres as well.

Driver's salaries for 2020

EVERY DRIVER’S 2020 SALARY

1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): $76M

2. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari): $57M

3. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault): $32M

4. Max Verstappen (Red Bull Racing): $26M

5. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes): $15M

6. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari): $15M

7. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo): $10M

8. Carlos Sainz (McLaren): $7M

9. Sergio Perez (Racing Point): $6M

10. Esteban Ocon (Renault): $6M

11. Romain Grosjean (Haas): $3.2M

12. Kevin Magnussen (Haas): $3.2M

13. Alex Albon (Red Bull): $3.2M

14. Lando Norris (McLaren): $2.4M

15. Lance Stroll (Racing Point): $2.4M

16. Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri): $2.4M

17. Daniil Kvyat (Alpha Tauri): $2.4M

18. George Russell (Williams): $1.2M

19. Nicholas Latifi (Williams): $1.2M

20. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo): $800K

https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...2792c168d64d7e
    It's not how start but how you finish.

2020 GP TODAY List :
    1 Lewis 47 million
    2 Vettle 35 million
    3 Dan 20 million
    4 Max 16 million
    5 Bottas &^ Charles 9 million
    Quite a differece between the two lists, but either one would be great to be on ! They deserve the pay for sure, it gets hot in them cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    2020 GP TODAY List :
    1 Lewis 47 million
    2 Vettle 35 million
    3 Dan 20 million
    4 Max 16 million
    5 Bottas &^ Charles 9 million
    Quite a differece between the two lists, but either one would be great to be on ! They deserve the pay for sure, it gets hot in them cars.

I believe the list from FOX comes with bonuses and sponsors already added....plus it's in USD.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Didn't take long for Binotto to sell us out for the good of Mercedes... sorry the sport again.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...-2022/4916921/

He better KNOW our engine next year will be straight back to top drawer or else he might as well be a Mercedes agent.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 28th November 2020 at 08:03.

Didn't take long for Binotto to sell us our for the good of Mercedes... sorry the sport again.

He better KNOW our engine next year will be straight back to top drawer or else he might as well be a Mercedes agent.
    So the freeze if indeed true that ferrari agreed, will come into effexpct from 2022 onwards....so if next year our engine is still NOT on par with Merc, we still can introduce a much better one for 2022 before the freeze takes effect, NO???

Didn't take long for Binotto to sell us our for the good of Mercedes... sorry the sport again.

So the freeze if indeed true that ferrari agreed, will come into effexpct from 2022 onwards....so if next year our engine is still NOT on par with Merc, we still can introduce a much better one for 2022 before the freeze takes effect, NO???

Binotto is referring to the engine freeze from 2022 and for the next generation (post current turbo-hybrid) for the 2025 season and beyond, and as I understand it, he makes a point that any engine appearing to be uncompetitive in future would involve a condition allowing that to be rectified, avoiding a situation like 2020 where the Ferrari ICE has been considerably down on power. Correct me if I'm wrong, and Ferrari has a real challenge on its hands if next year's engine is also a lame horse.

I can't fathom why Ferrari would support an engine freeze unless they expect the engine to catch up with Mercedes by the end of 2022. If it doesn't, then are Ferrari going to go with a begging bowl to the FIA and request the chance to make further improvements? That's just not F1. Are we going to allow Mercedes to devote their entire attention to the 2025/2026 engine while that happens? Are the current financials that bad they just want to cut their losses?