Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 F1 news/rumours

YES PLEASE! (replying to your first question:)
    Practicing their dramatic acting chops in reply to your second? Oh poor them with violins playing in the background

All this chatter is healthy for the forum.If mercedes think they are going to drive off into the sun set with this turbo hype keep dreaming Mark my words ferrari will be scaring the hell out of them,binotto toing and frowing with the performance of the 2022 challenger playing the cards steadily.Well testing can't come quick enough,but then again that is purely a guide and nothing else.Keep the chat rolling towards the lights out race 1.

He's not going to retire.. just trying to gain some sympathy for being a sore loser, which I don't think he's at fault for a crime committed by his team under safety car.
    He would retire straight away if he has the balls to do, if George beats him(not happening since George himself has stated that he wants to be treated equally like Bottas in Mercedes. Would have made more sense if he said Nico.) or someone from Ferrari.

I can't believe Lewis fans are still ranting on social media about last season, and people like Skysports keep fueling it which is really dumb.
    I wish Lewis would just leave F1 and take all the drama along with him.

We can focus back on actual racing matters which is going to be exciting with the new car design. Can't wait to see the new cars and pre-season testing

Millions of happy fans and $$ sponsors seeing Max get that WDC. Had Lewis won his 8th it would have been the opposite. Whatever truly went down that last lap and Max the winner made F-1 millions of happy fans . The excitement of all the 2022 races would have been lost for sure had Lewis got his 8th WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I can't believe Lewis fans are still ranting on social media about last season, and people like Skysports keep fueling it which is really dumb.
    I wish Lewis would just leave F1 and take all the drama along with him.

We can focus back on actual racing matters which is going to be exciting with the new car design. Can't wait to see the new cars and pre-season testing
    If I'm still around when he retires I will totally celebrate and be delighted. and before someone says it, it's not a racist thing or even a Lewis thing. I'm just tired of his vile, toxic, infantile and uneducated fanbase. it's so toxic and I hope when he retires they'll all head to another sport or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    If I'm still around when he retires I will totally celebrate and be delighted. and before someone says it, it's not a racist thing or even a Lewis thing. I'm just tired of his vile, toxic, infantile and uneducated fanbase. it's so toxic and I hope when he retires they'll all head to another sport or whatever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60082961

F1 bans military fly-pasts..

One word. Rhymes with the things you use to moor a ship at sea.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post

That's a great way of putting it and I totally agree, already they say that Silverstone and Monza could be exempt so what's the point?!

Ok Nick you got me. What's the word. Does it rhyme with anchor?

Unbelievable!!!!!

F1 just keeps getting more and more woke. Next on the list, everyone arriving by car SHOULD RIDE A BIKE TO THE TRACK.....please.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Who cares about some planes? It added nothing to the show, just for countries to show their military power, which has nothing to do with sport.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    Who cares about some planes? It added nothing to the show, just for countries to show their military power, which has nothing to do with sport.
    It's tradition. Here in the states, we fly military (vintage as well) and rotary aircraft over NASCAR, F1, NFL and collegiate games with open stadiums.

Silverstone was once a military base back in WWII and it's would be nice to see any of: a spitfire, Lancaster, or a Mosquito fly overhead as a tribute.

Ferrari's prancing horse (the horse is really rearing) comes from a WWI Italian fighter pilot that Enzo got permission from the family to display on his cars in commemoration.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's tradition. Here in the states, we fly military (vintage as well) and rotary aircraft over NASCAR, F1, NFL and collegiate games with open stadiums.

Silverstone was once a military base back in WWII and it's would be nice to see any of: a spitfire, Lancaster, or a Mosquito fly overhead as a tribute.

Ferrari's prancing horse (the horse is really rearing) comes from a WWI Italian fighter pilot that Enzo got permission from the family to display on his cars in commemoration.
    Good points all. But would they run on new-generation fuels without exploding?!

All points are a thing of past. We all know US loves to show it's military power and it's love for guns, that doesn't mean it should be a part of a sporting event.

All points are a thing of past. We all know US loves to show it's military power and it's love for guns, that doesn't mean it should be a part of a sporting event.
    Well, with regards to the U.S., it's part of our constitution--> the right to bear arms. Nonetheless, it's not just us, but other countries as well whom show their military power over special events. It also shows strength wihin the country.

Some F1 venues have a flying acrobatic team that fly over just before the start of the race....like Italy for instance.

I would prefer to think of these fly-pats as purely celebrating a country's identity rather than any other message. In my case, it's only the Frecce Tricolori that make me proud and emotional, despite being a Brit!

To be honest, we were doing this same thing in Montreal prior to the introduction of the US races. It was actually one of my favorite parts of the race. But I digress.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Then you should probably go to an air show instead
    I know I won't be missing the planes. And it's kinda weird that they want to make F1 eco friendly, but leave planes in it, no? Those planes burn more fuel than all F1 cars throughout the weekend.

Then you should probably go to an air show instead
    I know I won't be missing the planes. And it's kinda weird that they want to make F1 eco friendly, but leave planes in it, no? Those planes burn more fuel than all F1 cars throughout the weekend.
    F1 burns more from a logistical standpoint transporting F1 all over the globe. For instance, Mexico City at the Autodromo de Rodriguez, 7 747's arrived at the airport carrying F1 cargo.

F1 eco friendly???....yeah right.

OK. Can someone tell me what the word is that rhymes with the things that moor ships at sea? I'm losing sleep here.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    OK. Can someone tell me what the word is that rhymes with the things that moor ships at sea? I'm losing sleep here.
    w + anchor = (sounds the same but not spelled the same).......it's a British "slang" word.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    F1 burns more from a logistical standpoint transporting F1 all over the globe. For instance, Mexico City at the Autodromo de Rodriguez, 7 747's arrived at the airport carrying F1 cargo.

F1 eco friendly???....yeah right.
    I agree with you, eco friendly F1 does not make any sense. BUT before they cut V8s and intruduced fuel limits, they should have cut planes flying over circuits and huge motorhomes. That's just my 2¢.

I agree with you, eco friendly F1 does not make any sense. BUT before they cut V8s and intruduced fuel limits, they should have cut planes flying over circuits and huge motorhomes. That's just my 2¢.
    I'm all for V8's or V10's but instead of all this hybrid tech nonsense, let's use Biofuels to cut emissions or have a lesser carbon footprint. Biofuels then use less fossel fuels. The commercial airliner segment can use this as well to include the military of any government entity.

If you wanna play, ya gotta pay

How much each circuit on the calendar pays F1

Whilst there are 23 races scheduled on the 2022 F1 calendar, there are a total of 25 circuits that hold contracts with the sport. RacingNews365.com takes a look at how much each track pays to host its Grand Prix.

The Formula 1 season has become longer and longer in recent years, and the 2022 calendar is set to be the biggest yet, with 23 races scheduled to go ahead. The possibility also exists that this could be extended in years to come.

There are in fact 25 circuits that hold contracts with F1, given that China and Qatar each have an agreement for the future, despite not holding a Grand Prix in 2022. Additionallly, there has been much talk over potential new venues such as Las Vegas.

But how long are the current tracks on the calendar set to remain, and how much are their contracts worth? RacingNews365.com has taken a closer look into the details.

Short-term F1 contracts
    There are a number of races for which the long-term future is not yet entirely certain. A handful of circuits are on the calendar this year and have yet to sit down at the negotiating table with Formula 1.

Other circuits are on the schedule, but are still under negotiation and do not have a contract yet. The expectation is that these contracts will all be finalised.

The Belgian Grand Prix, for instance, has a contract up to and including 2022, and a new deal is still being negotiated. The same applies to Monaco, Bahrain, France, Austria and Mexico. Monaco has not yet announced a new contract, but will be on this year's calendar, and nothing is known yet about the following years.

Meanwhile, the Austrian Grand Prix, held at the Red Bull Ring, has an option for a multi-year extension. With Red Bull being the owners of the circuit, it seems a mere formality that this option will be taken up.

The race in Austin also has no new deal yet, and the same applies for Singapore. They are negotiating for the race there but, since they are on the 2022 calendar, a new deal seems a matter of course.

Long-term F1 contracts
    There are some venues on the calendar that hold long-term deals with F1, and these are mostly circuits that pay a significant amount to host a Grand Prix. Qatar is one example, which has an agreement for 10 years from 2023.

Qatar pays $55 million per year for its contract, which is the highest amount on the list of contract costs. Others to spend this much include Saudi Arabia and Azerbaijan, whilst China, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and Russia also all pay a sizeable amount of money.

One addition to the calendar which holds a slightly different agreement is Miami, a new track for 2022 which will remain on the schedule for 10 years. F1 itself is working with the race organisers on this venue, meaning that the sport will take on some of the costs.

Below is an overview of the F1 circuit contracts, together with the fees they pay each year in dollars (if they are on the calendar). This list has been compiled on the basis of extensive discussions with various parties, including the organisers, Formula 1 and the teams themselves.

In all, the hosting fees in 2022 come to a total of around $700 million a year, which is paid to F1.

F1 Grand Prix circuit contracts

Country Circuit Hosting fee ($) Contract ends Comment

Bahrain Sakhir............ 45 million 2022+ Renewal forthcoming
    Saudi Arabia Jeddah... 55 million 2025 May move to Qiddiya in the future
    Australia Albert Park... 35 million 2023
    Italy Imola.................. 20 million 2025 Contract not yet signed
    United States Miami.... Collaboration 2031 Circuit still to be approved
    Spain Barcelona......... 25 million 2026
    Monaco Monte Carlo... 15 million 2021* Is on calendar, renewal being negotiated
    Azerbaijan Baku......... 55 million 2024 Renewed in 2021
    Canada Montreal........ 30 million 2029
    France Paul Ricard..... 22 million 2022
    Austria Red Bull Ring.. 25 million 2022+ Option for multi-year extension
    Great Britain Silverstone.. 25 million 2024
    Hungary Hungaroring.... 40 million 2027
    Belgium Spa............... 22 million 2022 New deal being negotiated
    Netherlands Zandvoort.. 32 million 2023+ Option for two-year extension
    Italy Monza................. 25 million 2024 Renewed in 2020
    Russia Sochi............... 50 million 2025 Held at Igora Drive Circuit from 2023 onwards
    Singapore Marina Bay... 35 million 2021* Is on calendar, renewal being negotiated
    Japan Suzuka.............. 25 million 2024
    Mexico H. Rodriguez.... 25 million 2022
    United States Austin.... 25 million 2021* Is on calendar, renewal being negotiated
    Brazil Interlagos........... 25 million 2025
    Abu Dhabi Yas Marina.. 40 million 2030
    China Shanghai............ 50 million 2025 Returns in 2023
    Qatar Losail................. 55 million 2031 From 2023 onwards

https://racingnews365.com/how-much-e...s-to-formula-1

Alpha Tauri is the latest launch date

Aston Martin - 10.02
    McLaren - 11.02
    Alpha Tauri - 14.02
    Ferrari - 17.02
    Mercedes - 18.02

Alpine launch date is Feb. 21st.

Formula 1 appears to be ran by a bunch of bundle[s] of sticks.

Try not to be such a buzz kill.

Fly pasts are a part of the race weekend; they help create an atmosphere about the event. Nobody goes to a concert just to watch a band come on stage, play a few songs and disappear. You expect lighting, stage props, smoke, special effects etc. None of that adds anything to the music but it kinda does.

Looks like Honda will stay commited to RedBull until 2025.

Honda set to extend direct Red Bull supply to 2025

In a dramatic change of plan Honda will continue to supply power units to Red Bull directly from Japan until the end of the current Formula 1 regulations.

Honda ceased its official works involvement in the sport at the end of last season, and henceforth Red Bull is paying for its services, including the development of this year’s power unit for the move from E5 to E10 fuel.

The original strategy as announced late last year was that the new Red Bull Powertrains division would take complete power units from Honda, with full engineering support at the tracks, only in 2022.

Once RBP had got up to speed it would then build the engines from Honda parts at its Milton Keynes facility in 2023, 2024 and 2025 while simultaneously working on its own project for the new F1 rules that come into force in 2026.

However Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko has confirmed that the plan has changed, and the intention now is that Honda will continue to supply complete engines from Japan to RBR and AlphaTauri until the end of 2025.

The decision removes any concerns about issues such as quality control that might result from moving the building of the power units to the UK, while also freeing up RBP to focus more on its 2026 project.

The change has been made in part to ensure that RBP will still be a new participant when its own engine is introduced in 2026.

It will thus benefit from the concessions that are being discussed mainly to help encourage the VW Group to finally commit to F1, such as a higher power unit budget cap.

It’s understood that details of the new arrangements have yet to be finalised, and it’s not clear yet whether the engines will still be badged as Hondas until 2025, although such a move would be logical given the desire to ensure that RBP is a new participant in 2026.

“We have now also found a completely different solution to the one originally envisaged,” Marko told Autoreview magazine.

“The engines will be manufactured in Japan until 2025, we will not touch them at all. That means that the rights and all these things will remain with the Japanese, which is important for 2026 because it makes us newcomers.

Marko suggested that winning the 2021 world championship has encouraged Honda to remain closer to F1 than had been expected.

“In the course of our ever greater successes, a certain rethinking has taken place among the Japanese. And also that they could of course use the battery knowledge for their electrification phase.

“It was initially planned that they would only make our motors for 2022. Now it has been decided that this will continue until 2025, which is of course a huge advantage for us. This means we only have to make fine adjustments and calibrations.”

Regarding the building up of the RBP facility he added: “The prerequisite for this agreement was that engine development was frozen. Because the first phase would have been that we do everything ourselves. That's why we started in Milton Keynes and dutifully bought in from [dyno supplier] AVL.

“The plant will go into full operation in May/June. The final decision to do it ourselves was conditional on everything being frozen. Because otherwise we wouldn't have had a chance with this complex thing.”

Meanwhile as reported on Wednesday former Honda F1 boss Masashi Yamamoto has left the manufacturer to set up his own consultancy in order to provide a bridge between Red Bull and Japan, further extending the continuity between the partners.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ho...-2025/7677393/