Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Canadian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Reliability is becoming a Ferrari problem yet again.

So will this be a completely new PU and components and still the PU2 version?

Personally I'm glad CL won't be starting on pole. Less anxiety, less disappointment. At this rate he has a better chance of winning if he doesn't start from pole.
    Last edited by ntukza; 18th June 2022 at 08:40.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Will CL eaven participate in Quali?

Quote Originally Posted by JPMFerrari View Post
    Reliability is becoming a Ferrari problem yet again.
    For sure both car and driver wise. If it's mainly the car that's the problem Carlos may well be up to also getting wins and podiums, Both drivers need a car!!!!

What's wrong with starting from 10th on the clean side have some faith Charles will storm through the field a yellow flag here and there or a red flag even better it will be hello max iam right up your ****.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    What's wrong with starting from 10th on the clean side have some faith Charles will storm through the field a yellow flag here and there or a red flag even better it will be hello max iam right up your ****.
    I think he will start last, Ferrari will probably take more PU parts today

Unless RB gets their fair share of reliability issues, this championship is over for Ferrari I am afraid. I hope to be proven wrong. But it's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Unless RB gets their fair share of reliability issues, this championship is over for Ferrari I am afraid. I hope to be proven wrong. But it's not looking good.
    Even the fact this is 22 race championship, I tend to agree with you. I am way to long into F1 and Ferrari, and I remember just ones we have great luck and won almost lost championship back in 2007. In all other cases when things goes down, all hell break loose. I know hope dies last, but I've put my self into expect the worst, hope for the best mode.
    Last edited by stefa; 18th June 2022 at 11:39.

miracles happen but what a race Charles would have from back to front of the grid. It would be a thing dreams are made of

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    There is little to no chance to salvage this championship. Red Bull will probably take only 1 penalty for the engine components throughout the whole year while we will be taking them regurarly from now on as we have no free left and they are all unreliable. I have the same feeling of despair I had in 2013 when after a dream start they changed the tyres and we were suddenly nowhere. I'm not built for these emotional rollercoasters and even less so that they are always engind bad for us.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I think he will start last, Ferrari will probably take more PU parts today
    May as well change everything and take all the penalties at once.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    miracles happen but what a race Charles would have from back to front of the grid. It would be a thing dreams are made of
    I remember Perez going from 18th to his first win! Charles is right up there as a driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    There is little to no chance to salvage this championship. Red Bull will probably take only 1 penalty for the engine components throughout the whole year while we will be taking them regurarly from now on as we have no free left and they are all unreliable. I have the same feeling of despair I had in 2013 when after a dream start they changed the tyres and we were suddenly nowhere. I'm not built for these emotional rollercoasters and even less so that they are always engind bad for us.
    That is why expecting to worst, hoping for the best is the right thing to do!

Good place to start last though. Probably be some safety cars so maybe starting on hards and going long, some decent strategy and we can get some good points.

Maybe the engine blow ups could be good for us in the long run. FIA will have no choice but to allow reliability upgrades which could mean more power which could mean we can put more pressure on red bull.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Too bad we are not going to see another of Charles's magic Q3 lap. Pretty sure he would've been on pole.

Let's see if Sainz can step up. He has to pressure Max here. He has been pretty useless so far.
    Is it Carlos or his car thats useless so far? Charles' car ain't much better

It would make no sense at all to just take CE, especially that once you've taken your first grid penalty, if you change a single piece after that the penalties get much softer. That was used very cunningly by Mercedes last season. If there's just one part of the engine not working for us like with the hybrids for the Mercedes cars last year, we can just take three five-place penalties for Charles for the remainder of the season and thus use more power.

Tomorrow will still be a very long day unless there's a chaos race. I can't see Verstappen not walking the race with ease. Carlos hasn't shown enough to make me believe he can fight him over a race distance. Charles should finish P3 or P4 depending on the form of Carlos and Pérez. If he gets up to the place behind Carlos, just swap the cars around. We can't play with one hand tied behind our backs all the time.

The dream scenario is that Carlos plays it a bit rough and Verstappen has to pit for a new front wing on lap one dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Is it Carlos or his car thats useless so far? Charles' car ain't much better
    Carlos worked harder to set his car for qualifying and Charles focused more on the set up for the race (more fuel in his simulation)
    It is obvious to everyone (except you of course) that it will be more difficult to get the pole without Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    It would make no sense at all to just take CE, especially that once you've taken your first grid penalty, if you change a single piece after that the penalties get much softer. That was used very cunningly by Mercedes last season. If there's just one part of the engine not working for us like with the hybrids for the Mercedes cars last year, we can just take three five-place penalties for Charles for the remainder of the season and thus use more power.

Tomorrow will still be a very long day unless there's a chaos race. I can't see Verstappen not walking the race with ease. Carlos hasn't shown enough to make me believe he can fight him over a race distance. Charles should finish P3 or P4 depending on the form of Carlos and Pérez. If he gets up to the place behind Carlos, just swap the cars around. We can't play with one hand tied behind our backs all the time.

The dream scenario is that Carlos plays it a bit rough and Verstappen has to pit for a new front wing on lap one dammit.
    It seems that Verstapen was comfortable in the race simulation. Without a factor that could disturb his race, I do not see Sainz succeeding in following him (he has never succeeded until now) as Leclerc to catch him. It would be necessary that luck be on our side for once

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Charles is getting another new PU (PU4) in addition to PU3 to build up the pool. This is the right move because there are no other opportunities in the upcoming races. Might as well take a 50 grid place penalty here and start 20th and load up on components.

Less probabilitiy of something bad happening to you in 20th. He'll still be atleast 4th on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Charles is getting another new PU (PU4) in addition to PU3 to build up the pool. This is the right move because there are no other opportunities in the upcoming races. Might as well take a 50 grid place penalty here and start 20th and load up on components.

Less probabilitiy of something bad happening to you in 20th. He'll still be atleast 4th on Sunday.
    Then when we want to run our new spec later in the year it only costs us 5 places.

It’s not official yet, is it?

i dont get it. why pu4 when pu3 is completely new ?

seems im missing something in the regs!!

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post

I hope Ferrari didn't miss the memo that you can't stack engine parts.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post

Not really all of the Pu3, it lacks the turbo, they only took the new Ice, mgu-h and mgu-k to avoid the penalty of 10 grig places. But as Binotto said that the turbo 3 was damaged in Baku, we expected them to bring turbo 4 and get a 10 places panalty. Instead, they changed the electronic controls set which also means a ten places penalty. So, now, some expect them to bring a new complete Pu4 today to complete their pool and get another penalty making Charles starting from the pit lane. The Pu4 would be usable in the future with only something like 5 places penalty. Difficult to understand and i still don't know wich turbo Charles will use today

This just beautifully shows how useless are the wet Pirelli tyres.

This just beautifully shows how useless are the wet Pirelli tyres.
    Exactly! Totally useless

I hope Ferrari didn't miss the memo that you can't stack engine parts.
    Yeah don't think thats allowed? or you could just take 10 at one race
    Forza Ferrari