Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2022 French Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

2022 French Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

its challenging track for our engines.

Forecast Temperatures:
    32, 32 and 34 degrees celcius

If you take past performance out of the equation, on paper this looks like more of a Ferrari track than the Red Bull Ring; Only 2 DRS zones, and some slow twisty corners.

Unfortunately, past performance here has been even worse than Red Bull Ring. It's a smooth surface, similar to Silverstone, and other teams know this track better, they test here more than Ferrari. Supposedly Ferrari "forgot" some data learned in 2019 and 2020 in the simulations for the 2021 setup, hence why it was probably the worst race of the year in terms of race pace last season.

This package is quick everywhere, and so is Charles so i'm cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    its challenging track for our engines.
    It's probably worth changing Leclerc's engine, since I think we have one in pool we can switch to without penalty.

And Hungary will probably be tougher, the cars have so much downforce, a high percentage of that track is more full throttle than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    It's probably worth changing Leclerc's engine, since I think we have one in pool we can switch to without penalty.

And Hungary will probably be tougher, the cars have so much downforce, a high percentage of that track is more full throttle than before.
    Ferrari seems to have a good car at every venue nowadays ever since we introduced the last rear wing and a bit more refined side pods and we are almost in par with red fools straight line speed

So why don’t they put another brand new power unit along with all new stuff and start from the back with Charles?? With a possible safety car or whatever he can still finish P4 or even a podium,,,,so that way he has more fresh components in the pool

Unless Ferrari are working flat out on reliability and will give him a BETTER AND MORE RELIABLE engine after summer break???

Ferrari beat redbull in there own back yard, no reason why ferrari can not win in France as always
    Expect the unexpected to go into summer break winning last 4 races would be a mighty feat, and game on and I mean game on.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari beat redbull in there own back yard, no reason why ferrari can not win in France as always
    Expect the unexpected to go into summer break winning last 4 races would be a mighty feat, and game on and I mean game on.
    i''m not fearing the Ferrari pace, as we seem now to have a quick car at every track since the upgrades we brought couple of races back....the ONLY thing i'm fearing is the UNRELIABLE DONKEY we have strapped in the back of the car.....

but we'll see how all this is gonna pan out in the last 2 races

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ferrari seems to have a good car at every venue nowadays ever since we introduced the last rear wing and a bit more refined side pods and we are almost in par with red fools straight line speed

So why don’t they put another brand new power unit along with all new stuff and start from the back with Charles?? With a possible safety car or whatever he can still finish P4 or even a podium,,,,so that way he has more fresh components in the pool

Unless Ferrari are working flat out on reliability and will give him a BETTER AND MORE RELIABLE engine after summer break???
    the races after the summer break are also more conducive to starting from the back. And we will have more performance from the ERS coming after summer break, and i'm willing to bet the reliability will be there then as well.

Next two races will be crucial for CL WDC and Ferrari CWC. Ideally it should be 2 x 1-2!

I believe ferrari now have the faster car, I could not give a flying sushi what the ex Honda engine guru says, he know is a consultant with red bull fi.The ferrari is fast on all circuits they seem to have the tyre issue covered, France will be supposedly very warm so expect a tyre spectacle, I can see into my f1 crystal ball Charles overtaking max continually during the race basically a repeat of Austria the only difference will be sainz will be scoring very good Points, I can already hear Max complaining about the car and loosing his cool, you see thats his archillies heel put the Dutch oven on and he collapses under pressure watch this space, now for it to actually happen.

Only concern is the PU, the car is fast if not the fastest

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Next two races will be crucial for CL WDC and Ferrari CWC. Ideally it should be 2 x 1-2!
    And, both RBR's take out the Mercs to make a good situation heavenly

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    And, both RBR's take out the Mercs to make a good situation heavenly

I can't help but thinking which part of the track Leclerc's engine will give out while leading

The Sainz engine failure in Austria was such a downer.

How many races has Charles engine done so far?? If I’m not mistaken this would be the 4th race in that engine?
    And does he have a brand new one still or NO??

After the AustiraGP (11 race), Leclerc is on #4 across the board with the 4 basic components so far.

Sainz is on #3 as well.....but he looks to take a grid penalty (5 grid places) just for the ICE. If it's other components that did'nt make it from the fire then quite possibly he'll be at the back of the grid when starting the race.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

�� Ferrari is ready to use a new rear wing in France!

The aim of this evolution is to put the F1-75 in perfect condition on the straights, while benefiting from greater speed in the corners.

From Paolo Filliseti.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    After the AustiraGP (11 race), Leclerc is on #4 across the board with the 4 basic components so far.

Sainz is on #3 as well.....but he looks to take a grid penalty (5 grid places) just for the ICE. If it's other components that did'nt make it from the fire then quite possibly he'll be at the back of the grid when starting the race.
    Yes, he's on #4, but on the Canada GP weekend he took 3 AND 4. He has atleast 2 in the pool that i know of ( and possibly PU1 as well ) that he can switch between without penalty.

With ERS upgrade in plan after summer break & number of high powered tracks coming up. I’m looking at one more engine penalty for Leclerc PU5 if PU4 or PU3 provide any issues.

Sainz chances got burnt! He needs pole bad.
    Last edited by Brembo; 21st July 2022 at 10:57.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    With ERS upgrade in plan after summer break & number of high powered tracks coming up. I’m looking at one more engine penalty for Leclerc PU5 if PU4 or PU3 provide any issues.
    For sure Leclerc will,have to take a 5th power unit...the 3 and 4 already have some races to their tally and we know how “reliable “ these engines are....but if he takes it at a track where passing is possible it will be damage limitation and with some luck he can still finish 4th or so.....and will have another fresh engine in the pool

Maybe by them Ferrari may have addressed some of he reliability issues

New Ferrari upgrade: a significant upgrade of the Venturi inlet design, now double profile. Increased downforce through more volume in the underframe. The evolved floor is only on Charles's F1-75 so far.

@giuliano Duchessa

New Ferrari upgrade: a significant upgrade of the Venturi inlet design, now double profile. Increased downforce through more volume in the underframe. The evolved floor is only on Charles's F1-75 so far.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

difference of before and the upgraded Venturi inlet

https://i.imgur.com/QdND7jP.png

Where does this fit in with the proposed floor/plank investigations coming into effect from Spa...or have we taken that into account?

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seems like our development plan is coming along nicely despite what some on here say
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seems like our development plan is coming along nicely despite what some on here say
    Mercs with another upgrade package here, expecting to close the gap to RB & Ferrari.

I don’t know what is this budget cap mean?

Mercs is the only team who brought major upgrades since start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mercs with another upgrade package here, expecting to close the gap to RB & Ferrari.

I don’t know what is this budget cap mean?

Mercs is the only team who brought major upgrades since start of the season.
    well this question will be unswered after the summer break and towards the end of the season.
    if teams like merc keep delivering upgrades, then this whole thing of te budget cap is a farse.
    And we will see if we instead keep bringing some updates till te end (as a lot of rumours suggest) also in a view to '23!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!