Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd Winter Testing 7th March - 10th March 2017, Barcelona

Williams with max speed 289.5.......new FL of the test season so far on SS tyres.

williams max speed 289.5 suggests, mercs 282 didn't run on full engine mode.

we are 0.5 seconds faster on the mediums today then we were in the first tests. 1:21.600 last week , today 1 21 .1

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    we are 0.5 seconds faster on the mediums today then we were in the first tests. 1:21.600 last week , today 1 21 .1
    wt was the top speed of ferrari triggered on that day?

Imo, Merc and RB will not show their true hand until Melbourne, and hopefully we do the same. But in saying that, we dont even know and wont know if they showed it in testing or not. Its just a waiting game for us fans looking in from the outside.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Imo, Merc and RB will not show their true hand until Melbourne, and hopefully we do the same. But in saying that, we dont even know and wont know if they showed it in testing or not. Its just a waiting game for us fans looking in from the outside.
    I like it how Ferrari is not responding to the faster times by other teams. Clearly RBR and Williams are trying to but we stick to our program.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    williams max speed 289.5 suggests, mercs 282 didn't run on full engine mode.
    Not really
    Forza Ferrari

80 laps before lunch break really monstrous effort from team and Vettel
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

80 laps!!!!
    1:21:127 on MEDIUMS!!!
    Another pretty good morning!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Great Job for Seb 80 Laps not bad for the morning session

Closer look at the rear this morning

C6UEmlOWYAAShd4.jpg
    C6UEoJUWcAIkAYa.jpg

Actually its 82 laps according to F1Today

81 from Autosport
    Vettel's 81, which include a great stint on mediums at the end that featured 14 flying laps with supreme consistency
    #PrayforMH370 #KeepFightingSchumi

Has anyone noticed any changes from last week?

How worried should we be about Allison at Mercedes? How different do you think the SF70H is from his original vision? Different enough that he can't offer them insights into Ferrari form? Or similar enough that any benefit Ferrari may have over Mercedes (IF there are any benefits) can simply be implemented on the Mercedes??

I'm hoping for 150 laps + today.

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Has anyone noticed any changes from last week?
    Nothing seems to be different on our car at this stage

I think Mclaren has changed engines MORE than it has changed tyres in these testing sessions?????

It does not look good for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I think Mclaren has changed engines MORE than it has changed tyres in these testing sessions?????

It does not look good for this team.
    They will be using the races as testing, I wonder if Alonso still believes in the 'project' as we are 3 years in now.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    They will be using the races as testing, I wonder if Alonso still believes in the 'project' as we are 3 years in now.
    Must be gut wrenching for him. So when the engine gives out at OZ he is going to do the song and dance from a PR issue something like this: Alonso " We are still making progress with the engine as we would like for our testing to have gone much further than expected but it happens. Hopefully we can find the problem now and move forward".....which sounds to me like BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!

Must be gut wrenching for him. So when the engine gives out at OZ he is going to do the song and dance from a PR issue something like this: Alonso " We are still making progress with the engine as we would like for our testing to have gone much further than expected but it happens. Hopefully we can find the problem now and move forward".....which sounds to me like BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!
    To be fair, alonso deserves more championships than vettel & hamilton. He's most rated driver in the paddock by most of the teams.
    At the same time, he deserves criticism for his swtich between the teams. No one is to blame for that except himself. Going back to mclaren was a total risk & blunder move. He took a chance, it didn't pay him. That's it.
    Last edited by nani_s23; 7th March 2017 at 12:28.

To be fair, alonso deserves more championships than vettel & hamilton. He's most rated driver in the paddock by most of the teams.
    At the same time, he deserves criticism for his swtich between the teams. No one is to blame for that except himself. Going back to mclaren was a total risk & blunder move. He took a chance, it didn't pay him. That's it.
    yep, as far as the japanese, whom are known for making quality and reliable automobiles, it just shows how complex these engines are...3years with the same engine and they cannot get it right?? I mean once they put their mind on something, they stick to it and perfect it but this is just........mind-blowing.

yep, as far as the japanese, whom are known for making quality and reliable automobiles, it just shows how complex these engines are...3years with the same engine and they cannot get it right?? I mean once they put their mind on something, they stick to it and perfect it but this is just........mind-blowing.
    wts worrying part is, they are unable to find where the issue is from the engine side. They have no answers for 1st season testing engine failure till now. That's really a concern going into the season. I soon see, either mclaren-honda partnership or alonso-mclaren contract broken.

Alonso said he'll make up his mind at the summer break. Me thinks that if this continues like it is now, he'll retire from F1.
    Drive it like you stole it!

wts worrying part is, they are unable to find where the issue is from the engine side. They have no answers for 1st season testing engine failure till now. That's really a concern going into the season. I soon see, either mclaren-honda partnership or alonso-mclaren contract broken.
    I see the former rather than the latter IMHO...............

Would be nice if we do a race sim today

Did Massa do a 1.19 something with the mediums? I saw at f1today that, now his top run is on softs, but did he do something close on mediums? That would really show how low the times can get. Probably in 1.17 flat or lower

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Did Massa do a 1.19 something with the mediums? I saw at f1today that, now his top run is on softs, but did he do something close on mediums? That would really show how low the times can get. Probably in 1.17 flat or lower
    Supersofts.

Disappointing; 2009 to 2016...

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    No. he did 1.19 on SS. Later he swtiched to US, where he didn't improve.

100 Laps