Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920

Thread: British GP 2017 practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I'm just afraid a bit of mad max behind...
    However, hopefully he will play safe considering his series of DNFs lately.
    Maybe if we're real lucky, he will blow right past the Ferraris and take Hamilton out for us.

Disappointed Since 2010

Win with passion and pride and not with other drivers doing silly things that may assist carma is a bitch .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Win with passion and pride and not with other drivers doing silly things that may assist carma is a bitch .
    Exactly! I was just about to write, that it is kinda sad and unsporting to wish for crashes, for us to be able to win.

I got bored this morning, but I think its funny

Toto-Charlie.jpg
    Last edited by Decoded; 16th July 2017 at 06:23.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Sometimes in F1 you need to have luck factor to go on ur side.
    Everything is not earned through hardwork or brilliant skills.
    I doesn't mean that other should crash out n we should win. But sometimes it happens, should get on with that. Can't claim anything above that.
    Look at bottas in Baku, he took out Kimi. But still got the 2nd place from last. That is luck factor.
    Similar instance, where he braked a bit early Kimi n max where out. Karma did hit him, bottas got engine failure.

In my view, mercs will use bottas as weapon to split Ferrari or even block vet.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In my view, mercs will use bottas as weapon to split Ferrari or even block vet.
    Just like Spain..
    Difference now could be that in Spain he was just driving a lonely race and still coudl secure good points. Now he will have to fight ot try and get P3-P4.. He's also in championship fight.. Personally I think Merc will try to keep BOT for the future..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

I'm just afraid a bit of mad max behind...
    However, hopefully he will play safe considering his series of DNFs lately.
    True, he is the DNF king.

Jolyon Palmer set to be replaced at Renault by Carlos Sainz. Story in German @AutoBild

Possibly on the Hungary GP. Good for Sainz....bout time for Palmer.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Jolyon Palmer set to be replaced at Renault by Carlos Sainz. Story in German @AutoBild

Would be a sick move for the drivers market.. If so, I guess it will be a long term contract for Sainz at Renault, and why wouldn't they keep Hulkenberg? So that kills the possibility of a Kubica return.. With Leclerc possibly joining HAAS, GRO or MAG will have to go, but to where?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Just like Spain..
    Difference now could be that in Spain he was just driving a lonely race and still coudl secure good points. Now he will have to fight ot try and get P3-P4.. He's also in championship fight.. Personally I think Merc will try to keep BOT for the future..
    Yes. They don't find a reason to remove him.
    He's doing perfect job for team n ham.

Carlos will give hard time for hulk. Interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    True, he is the DNF king.
    His dnf luck is shifted to ric now

Would be a sick move for the drivers market.. If so, I guess it will be a long term contract for Sainz at Renault, and why wouldn't they keep Hulkenberg? So that kills the possibility of a Kubica return.. With Leclerc possibly joining HAAS, GRO or MAG will have to go, but to where?
    Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Carlos will give hard time for hulk. Interesting to see.
    all interesting ideas...Renault definitely has something in the works. Sirotkin??? Let's see if Sainz can hang with Hulk first or beat him. September or October will be an interesting month as drivers shift and sign deals and contracts.

all interesting ideas...Renault definitely has something in the works. Sirotkin??? Let's see if Sainz can hang with Hulk first or beat him. September or October will be an interesting month as drivers shift and sign deals and contracts.
    Yeah 2nd half of season would be interesting in terms of driver market.
    But I strongly feel no changes at mercs,RB,FI, Williams,sauber.
    Changes might take place in Ferrari, Renault, Haas,TR, McLaren.
    Ferrari might pull Grosjean in. N hire ric or max for 2019 when vet leaves Ferrari. This might be the plan.
    Leclerc would get chance in Haas team.

Sergio Marchionne puts €120 million on Vettel's table!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will he sign???

Will he sign???
    You would expect Vettel willing to wait to see what this season brings and therefore only willing to sign for one year.. Perhaps Marchionne will be though and only offer 3 year to avoid him leaving in 2019 to Merc

Will he sign???
    Is this official?
    If so, i guess this is for $40M annually for a three year contract. Pretty solid and optimistic. I think Ferrari will be competitive as it is at the moment at least till 2020 and Seb knows it.

Is this official?
    If so, i guess this is for $40M annually for a three year contract. Pretty solid and optimistic. I think Ferrari will be competitive as it is at the moment at least till 2020 and Seb knows it.
    yup..official and you guess right

Will he sign???
    Hmmm... interesting.
    We have other drivers like DR,max who would come for less price. They have the same potential of vet.

You would expect Vettel willing to wait to see what this season brings and therefore only willing to sign for one year.. Perhaps Marchionne will be though and only offer 3 year to avoid him leaving in 2019 to Merc
    I think he waits too.....by the way, is Vettel still getting paid $40 million from Ferrari??

Yes that's the condition Ferrari will put. Wolff wants Seb at Mercedes to replace Hamilton in 2019. Seb wants a one year contract & see how's things fold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Yes that's the condition Ferrari will put. Wolff wants Seb at Mercedes to replace Hamilton in 2019. Seb wants a one year contract & see how's things fold in 2018
    That's y Ferrari as expecting max or DR to join Ferrari or both of them for ferrari

I would drive for 1% of that

I think he waits too.....by the way, is Vettel still getting paid $40 million from Ferrari??
    In this final year of his contract he is getting payed $30M. However, maybe he can get to 40 with bonuses or even more if he wins the title. He was payed $50M in the first year which was outstanding imo.

Soooo, for those of you who feel the stewards are biased towards Hamilton or Mercedes during this British GP and probably think they(stewards) are all from the UK???

Here they are:

- Dr Gerd Ennser from Germany - attorney in Motorsport racing

- Danny Sullivan from the USA - former Indycar race car driver with 17 wins under his belt

- Nish Shetty from Singapore - FIA steward (he among other stewards reprimanded Lewis in 2016 - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...nds-russian-gp)

- Nicky Moffit from UK - safety delegate

but I digress
    They are racing in the UK and that is why the stewards don't have the balls to penalize Hamilton. Same happened in the Tour de France with a French cyclist and a non-French jury.

!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How the do you loose two tyres on two cars on the almost the same lap! Coincidentally the last lap of the race of the same team. Verstappen too....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk