Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix - Practice and Qualifying

Just saw result? Are they representing real thing or...?

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Not really. We seem to be quicker than RB (IN DRY!!) which is a good sign but I think Mercedes is overplaying their sandbagging. They are right up there but out of an unknown reason they want to hide it. Here's Ric's comment about them: " I saw some of Lewis' onboard and it looked like they were fighting the car – maybe they're running 80kg of fuel, I don't know!"

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We looked very good with car balance, and race sim we were very quick too although they only got like 3 laps before the red flags, We were very very poor in FP1 with wet weather on both inters and wet tyres. Redbull were more than 2seconds faster than us most of the session with no sliding and such.
    Horner said he was surprised, RB looked like they were steps ahead of everyone else

but in Fp2 when it dried up Ferrari were quicker than RB & mercs

Mercs have a small issue according to wolff which he said they should be fixed , i think he said there was a tiny gremlin with the cars in FP2
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Not really. We seem to be quicker than RB (IN DRY!!) which is a good sign but I think Mercedes is overplaying their sandbagging. They are right up there but out of an unknown reason they want to hide it. Here's Ric's comment about them: " I saw some of Lewis' onboard and it looked like they were fighting the car – maybe they're running 80kg of fuel, I don't know!"
    100% they always sandbag like its no1s business, i think they did have small issues but they are right up there with ferrari when they turn up the engines
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I don't think Mercedes are sandbagging. They obviously have issues with grip/set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I don't think Mercedes are sandbagging. They obviously have issues with grip/set up.
    That is what Bottas said in finnish media, real problems, no grip, need to find something big..

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    100% they always sandbag like its no1s business, i think they did have small issues but they are right up there with ferrari when they turn up the engines
    You don't sandbag to the extent where both of their cars almost crashed by going off. Bottasand Hamilton both had moments

Sepang have many high downforce corners, I think we'll do well here.
    I hope we'll beat Lewis, and close the WDC gap this weekend

Wolff (in sheep's clothing) and Mercedes are vying for more points in the BAFTA or Oscar awards as well? I hope our team is error free and makes the MOST
    of all opportunities in Sepang to close BOTH WCC and WDC gaps! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Why run the car if you're gonna sandbag? I think it's a huge myth, TBH.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    Why run the car if you're gonna sandbag? I think it's a huge myth, TBH.
    Mercedes did run with an older engine in Singapore and it was I believe "dialed down" due to the track and weather.

Also, it's a way of "psych-ing" your opponent or "not showing" your hand until quali....as we have seen through-out these 4 yrs.

Its not like the old days where you run flat-out all the time; FP and quali.

I leave everything up to quali with these silver-arrows as they tend to bounce back.

Bottas is a honest guy, if he says that they have real problems, then it is so...so it would be nice to have rain in FP3 so they do not have chance to fix the problems

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I agree, but remember last race Ferrari was 1.9sec down on friday and get pole day.

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    I agree, but remember last race Ferrari was 1.9sec down on friday and get pole day.
    Thank Charles Leclerc for fixing that. He went to Maranello and worked all night in the simulator to fix the issues with the setup.

Disappointed Since 2010

I like our chances

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

That Singapore Grand prix was the most saddest Sunday (and the week) in recent memory for me. Hopefully we can win this one.
    Do not trust Merc. They are just managing, just like they have done the last 3 years. They do not want to be running away with Championships as it is bad for F1. They will win it in last race or previous one with ease and media will hype up how close the season was.

HAAS allowed to work past the curfew per the FIA letter under Article 21.7.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DK4yehqVwAAHqSv.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Thank Charles Leclerc for fixing that. He went to Maranello and worked all night in the simulator to fix the issues with the setup.
    I believe it was Leclerc and Gio, nonetheless, YES, big help from those two.

Hi guys! Whats the weather peojected to be for quali and race. Hope its dry :(

Good scenario for race result
    1.Vet
    2.Kimi
    3.Vest/Ric
    4.Vest/Ric
    5.Ham

Ideal scenario
    1.Vet
    2.Kimi
    3. Don't care
    Not classified
    Hamilton -Retired (engine failure)��

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I believe it was Leclerc and Gio, nonetheless, YES, big help from those two.
    These 2 helped out with some previous races, friday we were nowhere and saturday we nailed the set up do to them doing all nighter in the simulator.

Quote Originally Posted by mizf1 View Post
    These 2 helped out with some previous races, friday we were nowhere and saturday we nailed the set up do to them doing all nighter in the simulator.
    yeah, big thumbs up to both of them for helping the team sort out the balance set up by pulling all nighters in hte simulator when NEED BE.

Leclerc is an amazing driver as we've see how good he in this year's F2; i really hope he'll be in one of the saubers next season and when time comes for Kimi to retire i'd love to seem him along side Vettel
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    You can sandbag with engine modes and fuel loads, sure, but did you watch the sessions? Those cars were near undriveable and that’s not something you’d wanna do with the setup to appear to be struggling. They are struggling. That’s not to say they won’t fix it. I think they will. I think it’s neck and neck between us as them as usual. But they are struggling, not sandbagging.

As per weather forecast. Quali will be tight under wet track may be, but race looks under dry conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    As per weather forecast. Quali will be tight under wet track may be, but race looks under dry conditions.
    damnit!, that's going to suck, and we looked really good in the dry too

No sign of rain for FP3

sky said threats of rain later, no sun, lots of clouds

Bottas is going to use Malaysia upgrades, Hamilton will be using silverstone setup and upgrades(conventional)

Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 30th September 2017 at 05:57.

Rain for Quali looks like a thing, FP3 is said to be dry, so setups could completely be different and results could be completely flipped between the two sessions.

I'm expecting RB to dominate when it rains, there dry setup seems to work amazingly well in wet too