Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Perez, Grosjean, Giovinazzi (he will soon catch up) would all be suitable IMO, and there's always Felipe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Perez, Grosjean, Giovinazzi (he will soon catch up) would all be suitable IMO, and there's always Felipe!!!
    Wisepie I concur maybe Gio needs more experience but I would add Sainz and Ricciardo to the mix

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by vetalo View Post
    Alonso is a divisive person, he makes too much noise and contribute little to team success. big team would really want him right now, the only team that may take him i if Hamilton do a runner like Rosberg did, but i doubt this
    I stand by what I said. When it comes to hauling in points, Vettel/Alonso is the strongest pairing.

Weren't you the member who was going on about how Ferrari would be able to win championships as a result of Alonso leaving at the end of 2014? Hopefully this is the year you will be right.

Disappointed Since 2010

The way we rant and moan about our drivers on this forum is just silly. First Raikkonen was under scrutiny, last year Vettel was the target, now after 2 races its Kimi again. The way we sell our drivers short is amaizing, we undervalue them constantly and some even ask for 2nd rate drivers instead, just because 1 or 2 races dont go great. Perez, Hulk, Grosjean, Giovinazzi do you really think any of them will get us wins? Probably not. So why so eager to replace? Maybe if we could get Verst I could understand, but taking some that will not bring more points, less probably is bafling to me. 2 races into the season people, out of 20, 2 races...
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 14th April 2017 at 03:05.

That is unfortunately the way it is on a forum when people these days have attention span of a gnat.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Wisepie I concur maybe Gio needs more experience but I would add Sainz and Ricciardo to the mix
    You are quite right to add those two drivers to the mix, racingbradley, and of course it would be silly to ignore Mad Max, but if Hamilton ever drives for us, my loyalties would be severely stretched. Great driver but it ends there for me. As for Kimi, he has scored points in both races so far, his strategy in China was suspect and he held up Seb for too long, but he is probably still our best option for now and we shouldn't write him off so early in the season. And it's true that some of us are guilty of having the attention span of a gnat, as per Ed Harley's perceptive remark!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    That is unfortunately the way it is on a forum when people these days have attention span of a gnat.
    Please do not insult other members
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Sainz has to replace Kimi. He is young, fast and quite cheap in comparison.
    Remember in 2015 Sainz matched Max in qualifying, I think he only got better. I just want Kimi to retire...There is no room for a guy who has setup problems in past 4 years in F1. He is not volonteer, he is paid 7m per year to constantly nag about setup not being to his liking.

Please get Sainz!
    Some respect.. That washed up old timer out qualified Vettel last year and if Vettel wouldn't have knocked Kimi out from couple of races he might have beaten Vettel in points too.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Some respect.. That washed up old timer out qualified Vettel last year and if Vettel wouldn't have knocked Kimi out from couple of races he might have beaten Vettel in points too.
    And he is our last champion, surely we should never replace Kimi (again).....
    Forza Ferrari

It's a bit early to make any conclusions about Kimis current form.

As Kimi and the team already said, Kimis set up was badly off in Australia. They made an error with the setup in late stage of FP3 and had no time to fix it before Q.
    Kimi had to use more or less that same shitty set up in China, because FP 1 & 2 were cancelled and changing set up would've been too much of a risk.

Anyways.. Bahrain is one of the best circuits for old Kimsta and rain isn't going to mess any free practice time. Kimi is getting his set up right abouts and LaGazzetta has to find some new head lines
    Kimi has like 8 podiums out of his 11 Bahrain races, no wins though, but maybe this time.. If not else, just to stick it to the ....azzetta

It's a bit early to make any conclusions about Kimis current form.

As Kimi and the team already said, Kimis set up was badly off in Australia. They made an error with the setup in late stage of FP3 and had no time to fix it before Q.
    Kimi had to use more or less that same shitty set up in China, because FP 1 & 2 were cancelled and changing set up would've been too much of a risk.

Anyways.. Bahrain is one of the best circuits for old Kimsta and rain isn't going to mess any free practice time. Kimi is getting his set up right abouts and LaGazzetta has to find some new head lines
    Kimi has like 8 podiums out of his 11 Bahrain races, no wins though, but maybe this time.. If not else, just to stick it to the ....azzetta
    Let's hope so. Kimi coming back with a win would shut a lot of haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    And he is our last champion, surely we should never replace Kimi (again).....
    That too.

Though, even the greatest champs have been and will be replaced some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Let's hope so. Kimi coming back with a win would shut a lot of haters.
    That would be so so sweet

That would be so so sweet

Very sweet indeed...

Italian media claiming RB driver ric signed for Ferrari 2018 in place of Kimi. DR denying it (same as vettel denied when he was in RB 2014)

Hope not!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Italian media claiming RB driver ric signed for Ferrari 2018 in place of Kimi. DR denying it (same as vettel denied when he was in RB 2014)
    Great news if this turns out to be correct.

Great news if this turns out to be correct.
    So now you want Kimi out?
    Forza Ferrari

If they have signed Ricciardo or another driver for 2018 it means that Ferrari and KR have decided to part ways for one reason or another.

What in such scenario would be great would be that Ferrari would have chosen an experienced and solid driver and not a newcomer.

If they have signed Ricciardo or another driver for 2018 it means that Ferrari and KR have decided to part ways for one reason or another.

What in such scenario would be great would be that Ferrari would have chosen an experienced and solid driver and not a newcomer.
    As they always do (apart from Massa) be a shame we do not take drivers from our stable though which makes our development program seem rather pointless, but I do agree replacing Kimi will probably be great news regardless of who it is to replace him.
    Forza Ferrari

So now you want Kimi out?

As they always do (apart from Massa) be a shame we do not take drivers from our stable though which makes our development program seem rather pointless, but I do agree replacing Kimi will probably be great news regardless of who it is to replace him.
    Giovinazzi would be a perfect fit. He only need learn to drive

Giovinazzi would be a perfect fit. He only need learn to drive
    Yeah I know he made 2 mistakes which is just awful and you would never see another F1 driver make so many mistakes.....
    Forza Ferrari

2 GPs, 2 mistakes

2 GPs, 2 mistakes
    yeah it's terrible, never seen that happen before
    Forza Ferrari

yeah it's terrible, never seen that happen before
    I'm sure that has happened before, I don't know when or who binned twice in his 2 first GPs, but i think it has happened before

And to the topic. Not expecting much from Kimi this weekend.. His set up was way off at China and this engine failure means it will be off this weekend also.
    If the PU is going to be changed, he will most likely miss FP2 too.

Yeah I know he made 2 mistakes which is just awful and you would never see another F1 driver make so many mistakes.....
    Yeah you see max how much he finds much more grip in the wet.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yeah you see max how much he finds much more grip in the wet.
    Or how creative Pastor was with his racing lines when he raced wheel to wheel..

I'm sure that has happened before, I don't know when or who binned twice in his 2 first GPs, but i think it has happened before
    His mistakes were both in China, and he did pretty well in Australia.......2 mistakes in one weekend is hardly worth telling some to learn how to drive LOL
    Forza Ferrari