Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spanish GP: Free Practice and Qualifying sessions

Winter testing here: So we are AT LEAST a second quicker than this pace now. Let alone all those updates that have been coming on the car from the start of the year.

Mercs - HAM 1.18.4
    Ferrari - VET 1.17.1
    RB - RIC - 1.18.0
    McLaren - 1.17.7
    Renault - 1.18.0
    Haas - 1.18.3
    FI - 1.18.9
    TR - 1.18.3
    Williams - 1.19.1
    Sauber - 1.19.1

Track position is key on this circuit. Overtaking is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Track position is key on this circuit. Overtaking is difficult.
    Agree that is why Q3 is gonna be absolutely crucial. Good reliability will of course help also.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Winter testing here: So we are AT LEAST a second quicker than this pace now. Let alone all those updates that have been coming on the car from the start of the year.

Mercs - HAM 1.18.4
    Ferrari - VET 1.17.1
    RB - RIC - 1.18.0
    McLaren - 1.17.7
    Renault - 1.18.0
    Haas - 1.18.3
    FI - 1.18.9
    TR - 1.18.3
    Williams - 1.19.1
    Sauber - 1.19.1
    weren't US of HS used for that?
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Ferrari run conservative on Friday’s with more towards finding right set-up for qualy.
    Track gonna wash out overnight. As rain is predicted today & tmrw after quali

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Yup those were on US & HS

Yup those were on US & HS

Now then, can anybody tell me what happened to Kim's engine ??

And, What were our times in the longer fuel runs compared to the rest ??

* OH, and one more thing..........A Ferrari on pole tomorrow...........* Any bets ??
    Drive it like you stole it!

don't knwo about HS, but at least US was used....so no US for this weekend.....

i'm sure times will be quicker come quiali......plrolly into the high 1:16's
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Clearly Seb not happy with tyre change..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Clearly Seb not happy with tyre change..
    how do you know?? did he tell you that personally???
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I read he said "the only difference is the tyres"

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Drivers do interviews post sessions you know...

https://i.redd.it/5enxly8rp8x01.png

Race pace for the top 3

Ferrari should focus on the next race because this race is lost. Should be a good fight for 5th place between Vettel and Raikkonen.

Vettel reported saying “mercs & RB prompted for tyre changes to suit their car”

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Ferrari should focus on the next race because this race is lost. Should be a good fight for 5th place between Vettel and Raikkonen.
    Boooooooo. People like you are why sport sucks sometimes.

Are we that bad?

Yeah they should skip all the races this year and focus already on next year, we are doomed. I would die of laugh if we manage to get pole tomorrow and win the race on sunday. Hopefully I be back.

Source. I want a link. Haven’t seen this on any site or on twitter

https://www.racefans.net/2018/05/10/...-and-red-bull/

Vettel: Mercedes and Red Bull prompted Pirelli’s tyre change for Spain
    2018 Spanish Grand Prix
    Posted on
    10th May 2018, 17:04 | Dieter Rencken and Keith Collantine

Sebastian Vettel claims Pirelli’s change to its tyres for this weekend is a response to problems two of Ferrari’s rivals experienced during testing at the Circuit de Catalunya.

F1’s official tyre supplier has reduced the tread depth of its compounds for this weekend’s race, as well as the upcoming rounds at Paul Ricard and Silverstone. Pirelli said this was done to allow teams to manage their tyre temperatures better.
    However Vettel believes the change was made in response to problems two teams encountered in pre-season testing.

“Obviously we have different tyres because Pirelli reacted to the issues Mercedes had and Red Bull had in testing, so we’ll see how that goes,” he said.

Vettel has previously indicated his suspicions about the change. Before it was announced the Ferrari driver said rival teams had been “[trying] to get the tyre supplier in the direction that suits their car best.”

Ahead of this weekend’s race Vettel said the margin between the leading teams is very fine and small changes could tip the balance.

“In Australia Mercedes was the fastest car, the best package. After that I think in racing it was a tie between us, Mercedes and Red Bull to be honest.

“In qualifying we did what we were supposed to do and I think other people maybe had some trouble. I don’t understand sometimes the form on Friday versus Saturday. For example in Baku, why Red Bull were so quick on Friday, then not quick on Saturday, then for some laps at least they were on the pace on Sunday.

“But going through our weekend sometimes you feel more comfortable in the car, sometimes less. You are always trying to fine-tune the set-up. I think it is very tight at the top and small things can make a difference on the day.

“Now for here I think we get a round of updates for everybody, we’ll see where it takes us. But I think it’s quite nice, you can start first or even sixth and you know that you can fight for a win in terms of pure pace. That’s also, I guess, good for people who are watching because you don’t always know what’s going to happen.”
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Yeah they should skip all the races this year and focus already on next year, we are doomed. I would die of laugh if we manage to get pole tomorrow and win the race on sunday. Hopefully I be back.
    No really I did not watch FP, are Merc and RB faster?

Since pireli's trying to get hamilton amd redbull back to dominating. 5th and 6th is the way it looks at the moment kimi will beat seb with the new engine now that reliability issues rearing its face.

On the positive side. Pole has been useless for ferrari the last 2 races. Maybe 5th and 6th will bring some luck for a change
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    No really I did not watch FP, are Merc and RB faster?
    Kimi engine failure already. Rb and mercs are faster at the moment. Plus they want to ban the mirror update ferrari brought for therr spain update. Supposedly charlie or whichever grandpa wasnt happy about it

Front row.has been useless for ferrari so maybe back rows will bring luck

Ferrari just need some luck.

Seb has complained that pirelli brought new tyres that suit rb and mercs cars
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Since pireli's trying to get hamilton amd redbull back to dominating. 5th and 6th is the way it looks at the moment kimi will beat seb with the new engine now that reliability issues rearing its face.

On the positive side. Pole has been useless for ferrari the last 2 races. Maybe 5th and 6th will bring some luck for a change
    Both of you are just pure comedy gold, pure negativity in all ways.... Have some faith, because remember we got 3 poles in last 3 races!

It really is a joke of a sport if come Q3 Merc and even RB are ahead of us with these tire changes. Whats the point of engineering your car to handle the specified tires if the rules will just get changed to suit your competitors who did a worse job? Where is the incentive? I really and truly hope that it proves not to be true....
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Well, it doesn't look hopeless but it seems Merc is stronger here as expected. Seb and Kimi have to nail qualifying perfectly. Tyre strategy is going to be key here and I believe Merc will try one-stoppers if the tyres are to their liking, which it seem they are. Especially the mediums. I still think we're infront of RBR when it comes down to Q3 but only barely. We should also be stronger on race pace early on with heavy fuel. Then it's anybody's guess. If the team splits the Merc we have a shot at still have the lead in the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    It really is a joke of a sport if come Q3 Merc and even RB are ahead of us with these tire changes. Whats the point of engineering your car to handle the specified tires if the rules will just get changed to suit your competitors who did a worse job? Where is the incentive? I really and truly hope that it proves not to be true....
    100%

people love hamilton on here but this pirelli bias again shows how much of his success was manufactured.

seb wouldn't of mentioned it for nothing. this probably will hurt ferrari a lot. there advantage of getting tyres to work is negated now.

This tire change,IF it will hurt us,it is only for 3 races. Here,Silverstone and France .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

100%

people love hamilton on here but this pirelli bias again shows how much of his success was manufactured.

seb wouldn't of mentioned it for nothing. this probably will hurt ferrari a lot. there advantage of getting tyres to work is negated now.
    I will hold my anger and comments until Q3 and the end of the race on Sunday. Hoping its Friday business as usual at Ferrari as we have seen for the first 4 races. Fingers crossed.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    This tire change,IF it will hurt us,it is only for 3 races. Here,Silverstone and France .
    If they suit Merc and bring Hamilton back on top I'm sure they will be introduced at all rounds lol.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~