Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Baku GP Free Practice Sessions and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Merc have always had tyre problems but in recent years their massive power advantage made up for it now that they have competition it been exposed
    ^totally agree....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    No problem for Seb. He will copy Kimi's settings and use the 3rd paddle to beat him in q3.
    Dont be silly again, Ted by Skysport said that the paddle is to adjust the brake-bias on the car, or something like that. And Kimi has said that he doesnt want it.

Vettel seems happy. Car is good, in the quali sim he couldn't find the right rhythm and made some small mistakes, but quite happy with long run pace and confident they can improve the car for tomorrow.

https://www.formulap...iro-380151.html

The car is solid seb has to hook it up properly like kimi its as simple as that kimi is showing exactly what he is made of cheers to the ice man.

Here we go guys, comedy gold. Its only practice and they (skysport) are already drawing conclusions. We know that is much to early to call, who is faster, and how much the teams are sandbagging with engine modes.

"Ricciardo is the one to beat at the moment," noted Sky F1's Anthony Davidson, while Paul di Resta added: "Red Bull have the pace this weekend.

"We're in a similar situation to Mexico last year where they were really strong, dominant, and I don't think the others can react at the moment."

Hahahaha RBR dominant last year in Mexico what were they taking, Seb toke the pole remember, was leading the GP until the first corner. We would probably be much faster than RBR in mexico last year on race day.

I really hope our team will show them all what they are capable of. In last 2 weeks a lot of hate was spread toward Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    usual friday practice Stefa....i'm sure ferrari will look at the data, compare it and set up the car for quali and race teh best possible way so we get POLE tomorrw.....i have faith in US
    Thanx. We all hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Vettel seems happy. Car is good, in the quali sim he couldn't find the right rhythm and made some small mistakes, but quite happy with long run pace and confident they can improve the car for tomorrow.

https://www.formulap...iro-380151.html
    I can't to open this link....can you try again please

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Here we go guys, comedy gold. Its only practice and they (skysport) are already drawing conclusions. We know that is much to early to call, who is faster, and how much the teams are sandbagging with engine modes.

"Ricciardo is the one to beat at the moment," noted Sky F1's Anthony Davidson, while Paul di Resta added: "Red Bull have the pace this weekend.

"We're in a similar situation to Mexico last year where they were really strong, dominant, and I don't think the others can react at the moment."

Hahahaha RBR dominant last year in Mexico what were they taking, Seb toke the pole remember, was leading the GP until the first corner. We would probably be much faster than RBR in mexico last year on race day.

I really hope our team will show them all what they are capable of. In last 2 weeks a lot of hate was spread toward Ferrari.
    Sky reporters are bunch of fools, I don’t know how they can predict RB are faster than us.
    Last race it’s 2 pit stop for RB vs 1 pit stop mercs&ferrari.
    Also on this track in 2017 RB looked top of the sheets on Friday. Come quali they are behind

Quote Originally Posted by gjoko-mkd View Post
    I can't to open this link....can you try again please
    https://www.formulapassion.it/motors...ro-380151.html

(In italian)

RB particular DR always says he can win the race every weekend by looking into FP2 times. Come quali he will get out qualified by his team-mate.

@autosportlive

Vettel reports his "rears are like toast". It's been a tricky morning for tyre complaints up and down the pitlane, and plenty of that frustrated chatter has come from the Ferraris.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB particular DR always says he can win the race every weekend by looking into FP2 times. Come quali he will get out qualified by his team-mate.
    I was thinking the same. I think FP3 will see how strong Ferrari and merc are. I'll be really surprised if merc are that far off.

WE TOOK THE RIGHT DECISION TODAY”
    ferrari-media

Kimi happy with set-up changes, Seb satisfied with race pace

Baku, April 27 – On a track which sees constant improvement as the asphalt cleans up and more rubber is laid down, Kimi Raikkonen made the best of the set-up improvements established in the first session to go second fastest in Practice 2. Team-mate Sebastian Vettel never managed a fast lap run (both using Ultrasofts) and subsequently focused on long runs for the remainder of the late afternoon session.

“It was an ok day”, said Kimi. “It was not very easy to start with, so during the first practice we decided to switch to a different set up. Unfortunately these kind of changes take quite a long time, but I’d rather skip or lose some track time in the first session and be ready in the second one. All in all, it was the right decision and our P2 was pretty decent. This is a street circuit but not a traditional one. The grip was really limited, especially since low downforce settings are used here. For sure there are things to improve as always, but we were not far from the top today. I think the long run was ok, the race pace looks good. Now we have to analyze all the data and see what we can do for tomorrow”.

“I think that in this place it is quite tricky to find the rhythm and in the first session I didn’t,” Seb commented. “At the beginning of the second one I lacked pace and could not put the lap together, but that can happen very easily here. I made some mistakes under braking, but I think that the long run was a little better. I think we can improve the car for tomorrow and it should be ok. It’s just the beginning after all. We have to understand what the car needs and we have a little bit of time to reset. Hopefully, it can be better tomorrow”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    @autosportlive
    That issue was on fp1...when track was green

it sounds like this isn't one of Seb's favourite tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    it sounds like this isn't one of Seb's favourite tracks.
    Neither is mine... I miss good old day with racing in imola, herez, magny cours....

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...g-engine-boost

Mercedes Formula 1 teams get Baku qualifying engine mode boost

Mercedes has granted all three of its Formula 1 teams extra mileage with higher engine modes in qualifying at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix this weekend.

Like the other F1 suppliers Mercedes gradually increases the usage allowances as it proves the reliability of its latest engines.
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Imagine if RB is the guys blowing exhaust on rear wings

FerrariSteve Guest
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...g-engine-boost

Mercedes Formula 1 teams get Baku qualifying engine mode boost

Nice of them to give the customer teams something they've had themselves for ages, but no doubt they have a new and even better engine mapping mode for themselves.

Quite frankly this is the first race of the year that I'm truly happy I won't be watching live. With no Brundle to keep Croft in check, it'll be full blown "Merc mania" in the commentary box on sunday. (I truly hope Seb and Kimi qualify well and are able to fight for the win, it depresses Sky tv no end. )

@autosportlive
    That was early. Irrelevant.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    I truly hope Seb and Kimi qualify well and are able to fight for the win, it depresses Sky tv no end. )
    + 1

Forza Jules

https://youtu.be/XU-n3FpKgwI

very good analysis, tyre allocation so important, looks like SS->Softs best racing strategy but safety car will be deciding the victory it seems

very good analysis, tyre allocation so important, looks like SS->Softs best racing strategy but safety car will be deciding the victory it seems
    ya saw that too. All of them are left with the same allocation going into Qualy.

If that is a 1stop strategy.
    After fp2 everyone on same tyre allocation except Sainz & hulk.
    I’m predicting 2stop race. On single stop RB can’t win this unless perfect start.
    Looking at tow effect on long straight. Undercut gonna be efficient. Good in-lap & out-lap is important

Looking pretty terrible right now, maybe ferrari aren't good with spoon wings? kimi supposedly got a better grip floor adjustment and he is still going off. might have to fight for P5 and P6 if things dont drastically improve in the simulator, lets go antonio lol lots of work for you
    Kvyiat On the simulator at Maranello

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post

Yes it's Kvyat on the simulator. Antonio is in the Ferrari garage.

Damn. I hope Vettel can somehow find more pace today and qualify ahead of our rivals.
    He need to open the WDC points gap again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Damn. I hope Vettel can somehow find more pace today and qualify ahead of our rivals.
    He need to open the WDC points gap again.
    Yes!! and stewards need to be harsher against max

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post

O right, i hope he can contribute same way leclerc and antonio did last year on the simulator, they found a lot of time last year. worried now

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If that is a 1stop strategy.
    After fp2 everyone on same tyre allocation except Sainz & hulk.
    I’m predicting 2stop race. On single stop RB can’t win this unless perfect start.
    Looking at tow effect on long straight. Undercut gonna be efficient. Good in-lap & out-lap is important
    Yes, it most likely will be two stopper when FIA thinks a vsc or sc will spice up the race and then teams behind get to pit or something like that. the US is lasting only 5 laps i think which is really bad, rb have the best tyre management and grip, they got the US to work in china very very long compared to what was expected while keeping in touch with ferrari and mercs. RB have giant advantage with tyre solutions . Ferrari has really been struggling mostly seb, i hope seb can do another miracle on Q and race and win