Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Practices & Qualifying

Nice to see that we appear to have got our speed back but I don't trust Merc or RB who are probably sandbagging big-time, so I'll enjoy the FP1/2 results while I can and hope that we can carry it through to a decent quali and race.

Vettel after FP2: "We still don't have the car where we want it to be."

Vettel: We hope to be in a better shape and much closer than in Melbourne. Today the result was good and we were probably on a different strategy than other people, so I wouldn't put too much attention on that. We need to improve for tomorrow, as Mercedes looks pretty fast.

looking at bottas race pace in the 1:34s and seb and leclerc mid 1:35s on softs, they still abit far on race sim but hot laps looks much better
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

maybe because he thinks the Merc's are sandbagging big time....hopefully they'll look at the data and have dialed in perferctly for tomorrow's quali
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

maybe because he thinks the Merc's are sandbagging big time....hopefully they'll look at the data and have dialed in perferctly for tomorrow's quali
    apparently hartley n one of the other development drivers are back to do sim work this week, so hopefully , last time they depended on wehrlein but he had no experience since hartley and that other guy did all the work for pretesting
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    apparently hartley n one of the other development drivers are back to do sim work this week, so hopefully , last time they depended on wehrlein but he had no experience since hartley and that other guy did all the work for pretesting
    man, i miss Giovinazi....he was doing some awesome simulator work for us last year
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    man, i miss Giovinazi....he was doing some awesome simulator work for us last year
    haha yeah we should ask alfa to borrow him and we can send them hartley or wehrlein ,(just yoking) i think once the guys get more experience they will be ok replacements plus i dont think ferrari had a clue about how bad there suspension and lack of downforce development would affect them maybe now they updated their software and can check that too

The most experienced guy was Davide Regon and Danil Kvyat (hope I spelled it right, I dont think but I hope) was also one of our sim drivers. They said that Regon trained Danil and he was also very good. Wehrlein is not that great, I dont think he is that good at setting up a car.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    The most experienced guy was Davide Regon and Danil Kvyat (hope I spelled it right, I dont think but I hope) was also one of our sim drivers. They said that Regon trained Danil and he was also very good. Wehrlein is not that great, I dont think he is that good at setting up a car.
    lol i always misspell kvyat, yeah sadly because i think he was a really good driver, but maybe he needs to be trained more

Vettel: We still need to find something. Not entirely happy today. Just don't have the feeling yet that I want to have. It's been a tricky day, very slippery. Difficult to extract always the best from the tyres. It's better to have the spin today than tomorrow or on Sunday!
    Vettel on the feeling of the car compared to Australia: Less bumpy, but that counts with the track. And more trust in the rear which was our, let's say, Achilles heel in Australia.
    Vettel: We tried everything in Australia. Coming here we knew some things weren't exactly right in Australia. Still I feel we have some more potential in the car which we have to unleash for tomorrow.
    Vettel: Not sure what to expect but I expect Mercedes to be very strong in qualifying and also keeping an eye on the Red Bulls, they look pretty strong in the corners today. I think it will be very close. I hope it will be very close!

They said ferrari still losing times in corners but have good straight line speed, seb said they are probably doing different program to the rest so i wonder what data will show on long run pace they usually have analysis up in few hours

How are we at the top? I read comments that everyone brings updates but us? Merc even had a rear wing which must be awesome while Ferrari had the same old plain car from launch???

Unbelievable....
    Forza Ferrari

leclerc with the bosses

found it

i think after seb spun and most likely flat spotted tyres they put him on mediums straight away

Bottas and Max seem to have very good race pace and tyre wear

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    How are we at the top? I read comments that everyone brings updates but us? Merc even had a rear wing which must be awesome while Ferrari had the same old plain car from launch???

Unbelievable....
    Save that tone for Sunday.
    Last edited by ChrisFerrari; 29th March 2019 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Unbelievable....
    I know...whom you are referring

found it

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D22MSjWX0AIBjPG.jpg

i think after seb spun and most likely flat spotted tyres they put him on mediums straight away

Bottas and Max seem to have very good race pace and tyre wear
    Its not flat spotted. He felt grip isn’t available, as you can see he already done 1.35.1 on it & straight into the pits.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Its not flat spotted. He felt grip isn’t available, as you can see he already done 1.35.1 on it & straight into the pits.
    These tyres were destroyed, what are you talking about?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Save that tone for Sunday.
    pretty sure you gave up this season after practice in Australia but you want me to save it to Sunday???
    Forza Ferrari

I have been whole day out. I've just read! Is it genuine? I mean is it really OK?

The head of the track engineers at Mercedes is not surprised by the superiority of the ferrari after free practice in Bahrain. According to the technician, Ferrari used a more powerful engine mapping than Brackley's team did, which has room for tomorrow.

Both riders were more satisfied with the car in the second session, benefiting from the increased grip thanks to the cooler track.
    In the dry round we found a good balance. Cornering speeds seem pretty good compared to those of our opponents. Ferrari, on the other hand, is faster on the straights, but it may be that it has exploited the engine more than we did: we'll find out tomorrow ".
    Andrew Shovlin, head of the track engineers of Merc i believe was the technician

toto said samething last year in bahrain hopefully they wrong twice

Ferrari, Vettel on the team order In THE Australian GP: "No case, we had to preserve the fuel"
    so the talk of ferrari running out of fuel and being on heavy fuel saving was true, more reason maybe they were so horribly slow in the race? maybe PU is too thirsty at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    These tyres were destroyed, what are you talking about?
    I’m considering 1.35.1 as the benchmark on Soft tyres. Others did 1.35.3’s 1.35.5’s etc.
    if they are completely destroyed he wouldn’t have pumped in 1.35.1. When he tried for a cool down lap, he didn’t felt the grip. That’s wt you can 2 cool down laps & 1 hot lap may be to delta

Sebastian Vettel -
    The feeling I had in the car for sure was better than it was in Australia but there’s still more in the car. Then I think if we unleash that we should be in good shape tomorrow and hopefully we can be a lot closer and put Mercedes under pressure
    As per Seb, Ferrari is not even close to Mercedes at the moment, no wonder Toto and co are relaxed and happy. Hopefully something can be done overnight.

Andrew Shovlin, head of the track engineers of Merc i believe was the technician

toto said samething last year in bahrain hopefully they wrong twice

Ferrari generally run their Friday programme with engine detuned & they find perfect set-ups overnight via simulator n get it ready for FP3.

Ferrari generally run their Friday programme with engine detuned & they find perfect set-ups overnight via simulator n get it ready for FP3.
    That only happened in the initial weekends, around 50% of the season. In the later weekends, Ferrari had stopped running detuned engines on Friday.

usually dude, but they might'v turned up as FP3 has completely different conditions and that was what they were being commended on for smart thinking today to do more quali sim runs while the weather was similar to quali, but we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Sebastian Vettel -

As per Seb, Ferrari is not even close to Mercedes at the moment, no wonder Toto and co are relaxed and happy. Hopefully something can be done overnight.
    atleast bottas seems faster than ham, wish ferrari were ahead but some sort of silver lining i guess

Ferrari 100% ran their engines harder. From what I see (Binotto and Vettel), Ferrari is most definitely behind Merc. Dissapointing, but thats what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    That only happened in the initial weekends, around 50% of the season. In the later weekends, Ferrari had stopped running detuned engines on Friday.
    Made that up did you?
    Forza Ferrari

Max Verstappen says that he suffered from numerous power delivery problems during the second practice session in Bahrain, which prevented him from being able to get the most out of his Honda-powered Red Bull.

The Dutchman ended the session sixth fastest, behind both Mercedes' and Ferrari, but also a tenth of a second slower than the Renault of Nico Hulkenberg.

“It’s OK but it can be better,” said Verstappen after practice. “We still didn’t find the right set-up.

“We knew that Ferrari was going to be quick and they are. We still have some work to do, especially on the softest tyres.”

Verstappen explained the cause of his lack of pace: “I had some issues in general in the fastest lap with the power, not having full power,” he said.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Ferrari 100% ran their engines harder. From what I see (Binotto and Vettel), Ferrari is most definitely behind Merc. Dissapointing, but thats what it is...
    yeah definitely but one thing i like so far is that they are being more realistic and honest this year regarding talking to the media and issues, previous years you could copy paste seb, kimi and MA comments allowing media to spin tales of a fastest car ferrari failing everytime to lewis

seb: we will be closer in the race, room for improvement for sure, it will be close, im confident we will be better
    kimi: i dunno, we will see
    MA: keep our heads down and work

[AMuS] Schmidt: Ferrari also improved in the corners. They are still slower than Merc/RB in the slow corners but the gap is only at 0.150s. Clearly better than before. But Seb also said that he wants to be better everywhere not just the straights.
    [AMuS] Schmidt: Ferrari was 0.7s faster on the straights than Merc/RB. That shows that Ferrari used more engine power than the rivals mainly to see whether the engine problems in Melbourne are solved. So the gap is becoming smaller once the others use more power too