Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: China: Free Practice and Qualifying

There is still a good chance to win. The laps of both drivers were not perfect. Ferrari kept better on the harder tires all weekend.

Perfect Seb lap was 0.08s behind Bottas perfect lap, but then again Hams perfect lap was 0.3s ahead so its pretty much how it is.

I am dissapointed tbh, good job on engine and aero, but our chassis is not good enough in slow corners and our track operations (and reliability) is suffering, and Merc looks unbeatable again. People are talking about RBs chassis, but they are not much better then us, Merc is clearly better then them as well. Just crazy how good they are...

Doubt Seb will ever win title with Ferrari so its great that we have young and hungry driver in Leclerc.

Kevin Magnussen has said Sebastian Vettel “did the right thing” overtaking Max Verstappen in qualifying as he got his lap time in.

Tensions rose during in Q3 with Verstappen going mad with Vettel and the two Renault cars after they overtook him in qualifying and left him caught out by the clock when trying to put a final hot lap together.

Verstappen was fuming back in the paddock and vowed to start ruining other qualifying sessions for drivers in future, while Vettel defended his decision to get past the Dutchman.

Magnussen, who along with team-mate Romain Grosjean was also affected by traffic issues in Q3, said Vettel’s call proved to be the right one as he managed to get a second lap posted.

“In the end, if they got the lap, then they did the right thing,” Magnussen said when asked by Motorsport.com whether Verstappen’s complaints were justified.
    Mad Max will be angry in the race. Lets hope Vettel gets a good start, or things can get ugly.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    Mate, you are missing my point, I said "Maybe Bottas could gain 1 tenth and Vettel 5 tenths." My point was that it is all relative how much faster each driver could go. You say Ferrari doesn't have pace for pole, but you are ignoring everything.
    As I said you are making up maybes to try and tell us we have the best car for pole and Seb is the reason we are not on pole, I am not missing your (made up) point.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    As I said you are making up maybes to try and tell us we have the best car for pole and Seb is the reason we are not on pole, I am not missing your (made up) point.
    I not making up anything. Or is Vettel making up things as well now? Vettel said they had pole and he and Ferrari should know why they missed it....
    You are missing the point, I indeed made up numbers, but you said that if both drivers say they could go faster then their current laptimes, Mercedes still had pole. But that is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    Seb made Verstappen mad again. Oh God I wish we survive the first corner tomorrow..
    yeah for sure better watch out for his vindictive behaviors like pushing people but with his car.

Ferrari looked faster yesterday, it has to be said (Vettel had best time on hard times (better then others on meds). I think Vettel might be implying higher psi that was changed overnight on recomendation from Pirelli meant they couldnt get a pole.

I not making up anything. Or is Vettel making up things as well now? Vettel said they had pole and he and Ferrari should know why they missed it....
    You are missing the point, I indeed made up numbers, but you said that if both drivers say they could go faster then their current laptimes, Mercedes still had pole. But that is not true.
    Sebastian Vettel #5
    “We could have done a bit better today but probably not enough to really beat our rivals for pole.
    As I said, making things up.....but do carry on trolling if you wish. Vettel might have gone a bit quicker as he says, Bottas might have gone a bit quicker as he also said, YOU have no idea how much quicker either of them could go, so you can't just decide Ferrari has the fastest car and Seb is to blame for them not being on pole.
    Forza Ferrari

It could also suggest Max can get more out of the car then Vettel. We saw it last year as well, Max put pressure on Vettel and he cracked. Vettel is a very quick driver, but I get the feeling he needs a perfect car for him in order to be unbeatable. Hamilton, Max and Alonso are drivers who can adapt to drive a car which is not perfect.
    i dont know what your talking about
    https://youtu.be/KOVgYR1Cq9I

probably turned down the engine for reliability but they can turn up towards the end of the race, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t want to see another 1-2 merc finish tmrw...!!
    You will.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    You will.
    Sadly... Ugly truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    As I said, making things up.....but do carry on trolling if you wish. Vettel might have gone a bit quicker as he says, Bottas might have gone a bit quicker as he also said, YOU have no idea how much quicker either of them could go, so you can't just decide Ferrari has the fastest car and Seb is to blame for them not being on pole.
    https://twitter.com/deadlinex/status...063874049?s=19
    Seriously, Where do I troll. This is a radio message from Vettel. He is contradicting himself apparently. What have I made up?
    And I didn't say Ferrari has the fastest car, I said they have the pace to get pole. And I never said it was all Vettel's fault, I said he could be the reason why he isn't on pole.

My initial reaction was an answer to Chinmay, who said it had to be a setup issue for Vettel.

Seriously, Where do I troll. This is a radio message from Vettel. He is contradicting himself apparently. What have I made up?
    And I didn't say Ferrari has the fastest car, I said they have the pace to get pole. And I never said it was all Vettel's fault, I said he could be the reason why he isn't on pole.

My initial reaction was an answer to Chinmay, who said it had to be a setup issue for Vettel.
    Vettel could have done a 1.29.8 but he decided to go 2 seconds slower.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, I must say only 10 pages (so far) on this thread. I believe if another member was here, we'd be up to double that?? .....yes??
    What happened with him?

Max Radio:

To Verstappen: OK box, Max, box. We probably as you expect we got pipped by both Ferraris. Only needed a 31.8, it was there for the taking unfortunately.
    Verstappen: Yep.
    Look at Red Bull, saying how easy it was for them to beat both Ferraris.

Also would like to add how worrying must be pace of Mercs bringing their upgrades, no? 2nd week of testing, every single surface of car was changed. Bahrain, new RW. China,new FW.

I think we will be bringing one big one in Spain and nothing until then.

Quote Originally Posted by totox View Post
    What happened with him?
    idk but hope everything is okay on that end. Maybe he's on vacation??
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Also would like to add how worrying must be pace of Mercs bringing their upgrades, no? 2nd week of testing, every single surface of car was changed. Bahrain, new RW. China,new FW.

I think we will be bringing one big one in Spain and nothing until then.
    Ferrari will bring an upgrade to Spain and go .4 slower. Merc will bring an upgrade to Spain and go .3 faster. Same story every year.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Ferrari will bring an upgrade to Spain and go .4 slower. Merc will bring an upgrade to Spain and go .3 faster. Same story every year.
    LOL.....as much as it pains me to say it.....so VERY, VERY true.....our upgrades in the past have been more DOWNGRADES.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Vettel could have done a 1.29.8 but he decided to go 2 seconds slower.
    Why is it impossible to have a normal discussion with you? It is impossible for Vettel to ever make a mistake and no one can beat him? You still have not even explained what was wrong with the things I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Max Radio:

Look at Red Bull, saying how easy it was for them to beat both Ferraris.

Yes, it was possible and I had a link for you that Vettel said the same.

So my point stands, Ferrari has the pace to get pole and definitely has the pace to win the race.

Lets look at bright side though, we are 0.3s of with worst possible outlap. Merc where 0.6s behind last year and where a match in race, so maybe we will be back tomorrow. Lets wait and see. Our car is less draggy on straight therefore might actually waste less fuel in race, who knows, lets wait and see.

Lets look at bright side though, we are 0.3s of with worst possible outlap. Merc where 0.6s behind last year and where a match in race, so maybe we will be back tomorrow. Lets wait and see. Our car is less draggy on straight therefore might actually waste less fuel in race, who knows, lets wait and see.
    Indeed, there is a lot possible in China. Vettel is always quick of the line and so is Max. Maybe we have them 1-2 after lap 1.

Might save fuel but will wear tyres more

Problem is that it's in the fast corners we are struggling like what happened in Melbourne. To counter the issue ferrari have to resort to run more wing and mechanical grip which in turn ruins the tyres quicker hence the crappy long run pace and harder tyre choice.

If Ferrari powered down their engines due to a reliability concern then the stage line speed is bit a certainty either. Don't forget that we are on the verge of getting the 1st penalty having replaced the ecu on both cars due to what happened on Charles car during the previous gp.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Might save fuel but will wear tyres more
    Didnt happen in Bahrain. I think we have great traction out of corner, but slow entry in slow corners, thats where we are losing time.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Problem is that it's in the fast corners we are struggling like what happened in Melbourne. To counter the issue ferrari have to resort to run more wing and mechanical grip which in turn ruins the tyres quicker hence the crappy long run pace and harder tyre choice.

If Ferrari powered down their engines due to a reliability concern then the stage line speed is bit a certainty either. Don't forget that we are on the verge of getting the 1st penalty having replaced the ecu on both cars due to what happened on Charles car during the previous gp.

We are not. I have seen telemetry and if anything, we are match for Merc and even faster then RB in high speed corners. Where we are slow is slow speed, even seb said it today...

Indeed, there is a lot possible in China. Vettel is always quick of the line and so is Max. Maybe we have them 1-2 after lap 1.
    Tbh I couldn't care less what max can do. I'm more concerned about Vettel and CHARLES off the line and hoping they'll be in front and not some rival in an other teams car like redbull.

We are not. I have seen telemetry and if anything, we are match for Merc and even faster then RB in high speed corners. Where we are slow is slow speed, even seb said it today...
    So that's why we lose everything in sector 3? I saw the telemetry too and we never really matched, just got close on sector 2, not even close on sector 3.

Most probably tomorrow it will be a containment race, trying to make the most points with the limited power or issues we have.

I'm not one to give up easily on hope but this year reliability seems to be key for us no matter how binotto tries to disguise it. Almost 3 races down and the gap is already growing at an alarming pace. Unless we have a dominating car from here onwards its going to be extremely difficult to make up the difference.