Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just let them race......

Let them race and let the faster driver wins. For next year I expect a strong Ferrari with fighting for the world drivers title with Lewis. Wait until then, until the real pressure kicks in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Let them race and let the faster driver wins. For next year I expect a strong Ferrari with fighting for the world drivers title with Lewis. Wait until then, until the real pressure kicks in.
    Let them race now, there's allot of 2019 left for us fans to watch and cheer for as far as Ferrari showing some new life. Wins and podiums are still there for Ferrari's drivers to fight for. And as far a real pressure kicking in, Seb is in the midst off more pressure than he can handle it seems, although that win hopefully chilled him out a little.

It’s just Lec &vettel at Ferrari. Ferrari doesn’t need Max as said by MB.
    Father Jos will run after teams in 2020

OK , go Seb!! I think Seb did two last place finishes this year. But !!! He was great as the enemy with R Bull. My only fear of MAX @ Ferrari is he might knock out Binotto if he #2d him .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    OK , go Seb!! I think Seb did two last place finishes this year. But !!! He was great as the enemy with R Bull. My only fear of MAX @ Ferrari is he might knock out Binotto if he #2d him .
    Oh you don't have to worry about that. Binotto already made things perfectly clear, Ferrari will not go for Max. And it's pretty understandable, we have Charles and bringing Max in will create unnecessary drama.
    Now we have a rather very expensive #2 driver, keeping him not going to achieve anything. He has already failed, both as a driver and team leader. So time has come for him to get replaced, Dr. Marko is crying about him and the way him being treated at Ferrari (I should add ), I don't think he will have any problem going back to Red Bull.

Oh wow another pathetic statement knock out Binnotto
    Charles is enough to kick max out if any thoughts of joining ferrari.
    Father Jos is looking for options & $$ where max needs power

Agree. Next years car will a championship winner most likely.
    We need to sort out the Lec-seb situation before that.
    Silently, like a shadow

By the look of it, Lec seems to be getting stronger with every race and there is NO WAY he is going to accept no.2 status. He is currently performing better than Vettel. Even leading him in the points tally. If he does not see the team give him preference now, he is going to be one unhappy and frustrated bunny. And honestly, he is the future for the team. Seb is done. At best another 2 years.
    Let them race, completely without interference. We might get to know who can carry the flag next year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    By the look of it, Lec seems to be getting stronger with every race and there is NO WAY he is going to accept no.2 status. He is currently performing better than Vettel. Even leading him in the points tally. If he does not see the team give him preference now, he is going to be one unhappy and frustrated bunny. And honestly, he is the future for the team. Seb is done. At best another 2 years.
    Let them race, completely without interference. We might get to know who can carry the flag next year.
    To beat Mercedes, you need to define where is all your weight. If they keep taking points off each other, beating Hamilton in a closely matched Mercedes will be tough. Letting them race works if you have huge advantage to second best side, hell even RedBull didn’t allow Webber to race Vettel. Mercedes did allow Hamilton & Rosberg and we know how big their advantage was

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    To beat Mercedes, you need to define where is all your weight. If they keep taking points off each other, beating Hamilton in a closely matched Mercedes will be tough. Letting them race works if you have huge advantage to second best side, hell even RedBull didn’t allow Webber to race Vettel. Mercedes did allow Hamilton & Rosberg and we know how big their advantage was
    Fair point. Which is why we should let them race this year, so we can decide who leads next year.
    Silently, like a shadow

Fair point. Which is why we should let them race this year, so we can decide who leads next year.
    I beg your pardon, but that approach is never going to work. Especially if we are in the championship hunt next year. Neither of them are willing to accept the no.2 role, understandably. If the team indeed picks a no.2 then he will walk and drama accompanies that season. If they let them race it will lead to Hamilton-Rosberg 2.0. But this could get much uglier. Seb is like a wounded lion, he has nothing to lose now as Baku has shown us an example of his thinking. I feel for him, he worked his tail off to get a car like we have now (and it still does not really fit his driving style), and he is forced to see someone coming in his team, humiliating him, and taking the rewards for all his hard work. Charles on the other hand will not let this opportunity to pass just to be on good terms with Seb. This year is just the appetizer of what could come next year. And no matter how it ends, we won't have both of them for 2021. That I'm sure of.

Charles is doing great in the car they have now. Seb's driving style not fit for his car? Until Ferrari can get a car right for Seb's style they should let Charles be #1 and continue his winning ways with the cars a they are. When Seb feels the car is right for him and wins a few, then Ferrari can give him the shot @ #1, seat . Charles so far is tooo good to be true! Seb's current pay should be enough to keep him calm, and all his work with the team is for sure being compensated $$$ wise. Giving up a chance for Charles at pole or a win just to calm him down is totally unfair to the team , Charles and us fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb's current pay should be enough to keep him calm, and all his work with the team is for sure being compensated $$$ wise.
    ... okay, how long have you watched formula one and elite sportsman?
    You think it’s all about the money for Vettel at this time?

Seb and Kimi had input in the current car. Charles did not have any input seems the current design is a perfect fit for Charles he has really excelled.More to come starting in Suzuki Ferrari 1 and 2 with no team orders just clean fast racing from both our drivers with no pre race deals.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Seb and Kimi had input in the current car. Charles did not have any input seems the current design is a perfect fit for Charles he has really excelled.More to come starting in Suzuki Ferrari 1 and 2 with no team orders just clean fast racing from both our drivers with no pre race deals.
    Great post !! On the money!

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    ... okay, how long have you watched formula one and elite sportsman?
    You think it’s all about the money for Vettel at this time?

Just seen the expected weather forecast for Suzuka which looks horrible all weekend, which will probably mean quali and the race will be a lottery.

There is a big deference between a normal wet race, and a wet race because of a typhoon. Rain is fine, a typhoon isn't. If the the condition become too severe, and I think it will become severe, then they should cancel this race.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    There is a big deference between a normal wet race, and a wet race because of a typhoon. Rain is fine, a typhoon isn't. If the the condition become too severe, and I think it will become severe, then they should cancel this race.
    It will be a hard enough race for Charles to face with the memory of Jules and that fateful day 5 years ago, but he has the strength to cope with it, if he gets the chance. We never want a repeat of that day but I hope it doesn't get cancelled as you suggest.

I too hope the weather just passes and the race is on. Two weeks alone is too much of a wait.

No no no, Vettel would/will win in Suzuka.

No no no, Vettel would/will win in Suzuka.
    supposed to be a wet weekend.....all Vettel will do is practicing on his piruettes some more...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    supposed to be a wet weekend.....all Vettel will do is practicing on his piruettes some more...
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFerrari View Post
    I beg your pardon, but that approach is never going to work. Especially if we are in the championship hunt next year. Neither of them are willing to accept the no.2 role, understandably. If the team indeed picks a no.2 then he will walk and drama accompanies that season. If they let them race it will lead to Hamilton-Rosberg 2.0. But this could get much uglier. Seb is like a wounded lion, he has nothing to lose now as Baku has shown us an example of his thinking. I feel for him, he worked his tail off to get a car like we have now (and it still does not really fit his driving style), and he is forced to see someone coming in his team, humiliating him, and taking the rewards for all his hard work. Charles on the other hand will not let this opportunity to pass just to be on good terms with Seb. This year is just the appetizer of what could come next year. And no matter how it ends, we won't have both of them for 2021. That I'm sure of.
    Then what is the option? If we have a title winning car, which of the drivers get to go for it? Unfair to either to ask them to be no.2. In fact i do not think Vettel will ever accept the no.2 role. So that leaves only one thing, let them race.
    Charles seems to be more level headed than Vettel and i dont think it will turn into Ham-Ros 2.0 UNLESS seb plays dirty. Then yes, the gloves will come off and it will be a mess.
    Silently, like a shadow

There is nothing fair or unfair. This is all about business and targets and nothing else.
    Drivers get paid, and quite handsomely too to do their job, and their job , primarily is to win for the Scuderia. Really, it 's that simple.
    So at this point of time, while Ferrari spends gazzilions of money in order to finally produce a car that can bring the fight to Mercedes,
    with 2020 being a year where regulations are pretty much the same, with Ferrari running two programs , the 2019 and 2020 in parallel,
    bringing 2020 stuff in the 2019 car in order to try them out so they can be ready and tested in 2020 and if possible ahead of the competition,
    the drivers are tasked with one primary target which is WCC, then WDC will be for the one with the better performance and the
    more stable one.
    It's not about "let them race", it is about discipline and following what the team tells them to do.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Then what is the option? If we have a title winning car, which of the drivers get to go for it? Unfair to either to ask them to be no.2. In fact i do not think Vettel will ever accept the no.2 role. So that leaves only one thing, let them race.
    Charles seems to be more level headed than Vettel and i dont think it will turn into Ham-Ros 2.0 UNLESS seb plays dirty. Then yes, the gloves will come off and it will be a mess.
    I'm not sure that Charles is more level-headed than Seb as shown by his outbursts over the team radio recently. He knows he is the best hope for Ferrari's future and he has shown that he's not going to be a pushover for anyone, all of which is fantastic for the tifosi, and I do hope that it doesn't turn nasty by asking either of them to give way to the other unless it's in the interest of overall WDC/WCC positions, depending on who is ahead in the standings. Charles has a maturity that is beyond his years, but in my opinion he needs to be a bit less vocal in his views from the cockpit. If Seb does play dirty, then it will become a circus, but it works both ways!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...0dGpzlRAW.html

just to show, that on track they fight, but off track they get along....
    the implosion, the animosity, the hype is all just media smoke, because there's nothing else to comment about....
    guys, just stop fuelling rivalries where there are none.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...0dGpzlRAW.html

just to show, that on track they fight, but off track they get along....
    the implosion, the animosity, the hype is all just media smoke, because there's nothing else to comment about....
    guys, just stop fuelling rivalries where there are none.
    I recommend you watch last year's episode with Kimi and Seb, the mood difference is clearly noticeable. I see some kind of awkwardness now, maybe they already started to understand that there will be only one winner who takes all in their partnership as Ferrari drivers.

There is an old saying and it goes like this united but always divided bodes well for all F1 drivers in teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Have we now got into a terrible position with our drivers and now both feel hard done too? Would have been easier to just let them race but now they are doing pre-race deals and off course when it goes wrong it leaves ill will on both sides. Has it gone too far to be repaired or can the team get them to work together and realise not everytime can you get the best strategy call?

I can kind of understand, Seb has had it pretty easy at Ferrari no real challenge and Kimi would roll over anytime he did look like a challenge so Seb is used to be no1 priority everything is for him, Charles has arrived and is probably doing better than many expected and he is not a Kimi and is hungry for success and as such is not going to be a no2 to Seb, where do Ferrari go with this?

Are we going down a horrible route similar to Lewis v Nico, Seb v Webber etc etc
    Yeah, I believe so fratello. Particularly stupid, IMHO, now that we are racing “only” for race wins, not titles

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus