Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Abu Dhabi GP: Practices & Qualifying

2019 Abu Dhabi GP: Practices & Qualifying

No optimism for this race or switched focus to 2020 already? FP1 is over but no thread yet!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    No optimism for this race or switched focus to 2020 already? FP1 is over but no thread yet!

Neh, It's coz Vettel crashed.......
    Drive it like you stole it!

Not a promising start anyway with Seb P5 and Charles P7, both RBs and Mercs ahead, that's before Seb hit the barriers. Other Ferrari-powered cars up in the top 10 though, so hopefully we can get the set-up right as FP progresses.

Ignore FP1 results, there're not representative.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ignore FP1 results, there're not representative.
    Same for fp2, we’re still slow.....Ferrari was never competitive at this crappy track
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Same for fp2, we’re still slow.....Ferrari was never competitive at this crappy track
    Leclerc on hards only 0.022 seconds behind Hamilton, who also had hard tyres. Not bad it you consider the Merc to be the faster car.

Lerlerc nearly crashed as well at Seb corner, and Gio also. That Ferrari is like a boat in s3, no grip available, just understeer.

FP2 quali sim sector times

Sector 1:
    Leclerc 17.040
    Vettel 17.059
    Verstappen 17.125 (on mediums)
    Bottas 17.270
    Hamilton 17.311

Sector 2:
    Leclerc 41.128
    Bottas 41.161
    Verstappen 41.318
    Vettel 41.368
    Hamilton 41.343

Sector 3:
    Hamilton 37.807
    Bottas 37.825
    Verstappen 37.972
    Vettel 38.264
    Leclerc 38.474

Drive it like you stole it!

We'll be way less slow in S3 tomorrow I'm sure. Not much rubber on the race track means no grip whatsoever. Also, cars aren't optimized yet. Leclerc clearly will have a shot at pole and if it's a one-stop race then that's always good.

Looks good FP2 for Ferrari.
    As said earlier Ferrari struggling in S3, which is expected.
    FP3 they will fine tune the set up & come hard.

Grosjean involved in an accident.... again. What a surprise !

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Grosjean involved in an accident.... again. What a surprise !
    Grosjean is driving next year too, and Hulk is not, think about that.

Grosjean may be crash-prone, but as a driver, he is far better driver than the likes of Davidson and Chandhok.

It is funny how they blaming him, when it is pretty clear to see that it's entirely Bottas's fault. "Should get out of the way because the big Merc is behind him"....pathetic commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Well Grosjean has podiums to his name, plus he almost won a race or two. What has Hulk done? compared to Grosjean, absolutely nothing.

Grosjean may be crash-prone, but as a driver, he is far better driver than the likes of Davidson and Chandhok.

It is funny how they blaming him, when it is pretty clear to see that it's entirely Bottas's fault. "Should get out of the way because the big Merc is behind him"....pathetic commentary.
    Perhaps not his fault this time, but the thing with Grosjean is he could have avoided it.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    I know..... can't believe he's not driving next year.

Perhaps not his fault this time, but the thing with Grosjean is he could have avoided it.
    Or Bottas should've waited a bit and overtake him on the straights? He is driving the Merc, it can't be that hard overtaking a Haas. Bottas simply launched at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    We'll be way less slow in S3 tomorrow I'm sure. Not much rubber on the race track means no grip whatsoever. Also, cars aren't optimized yet. Leclerc clearly will have a shot at pole and if it's a one-stop race then that's always good.
    Seb also has a chance, as lately in last races he is been slightly faster in qualy.

Or Bottas should've waited a bit and overtake him on the straights? He is driving the Merc, it's can't be that hard overtaking a Haas. Bottas simply launched at him.
    I agree. But Grosjean is prone to accidents either on his own or with others more often.

Leclerk is future in Ferrari 100%. Ferrari must focus in 2020 on him and not on vettel.

Leclerc on hard tyres looked quite competitive.

Leclerc (hards):
    1:42.569
    1:43.011
    1:43.043
    1:43.526
    1:43.836
    1:43.158

Verstappen (mediums):
    Traffic
    Slow lap
    1:43.114
    1:43.885
    Slow lap
    1:43.520

I agree. But Grosjean is prone to accidents either on his own or with others more often.
    Never said otherwise. But on this incident, it was entirely Botttas's fault. And the fact that Sky clowns blaming Grosjean for it and making fun of him, is downright pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Leclerk is future in Ferrari 100%. Ferrari must focus in 2020 on him and not on vettel.
    Why? Seb is still faster in race-pace. What good is Leclerc qualy pace, if always he is holding Seb up. I think Leclerc is setting up his car more for qualy, this is why in Monza, Spa he was dominant in qualy, but always falls back in the race with poor tyre wear.

We need a strong Seb for 2020, imagine that he comes back with a bang, and wins the title for Ferrari! I am allowed to hope.

I really hope that one day Verstappen will join this team, as he can be a potential of a dominant force, given the right car. Leclerc is slower than Verstappen, if we compare both of them on raw pace, I am sure.

What all Verstappen, Vettel, Leclerc have in common, they are all very error prone, but are super fast. Verstappen is currently the fastest of this trio. Hamilton is not the fastest, but the most error-free driver in the paddock.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 29th November 2019 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Don't worry, they will. This is his second year in F1 and his first year year at Ferrari, and he has already proven to be faster than Vettel. More wins, poles and points than Vettel.

And unlike Vettel, Leclerc will keep improving and get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Why? Seb is still faster in race-pace. What good is Leclerc qualy pace, if always he is holding Seb up. I think Leclerc is setting up his car more for qualy, this is why in Monza, Spa he was dominant in qualy, but always falls back in the race with poor tyre wear.

We need a strong Seb for 2020, imagine that he comes back with a bang, and wins the title for Ferrari! I am allowed to hope.

I really hope that one day Verstappen will join this team, as he can be a potential of a dominant force, given the right car. Leclerc is slower than Verstappen, if we compare both of them on raw pace, I am sure.

What all Verstappen, Vettel, Leclerc have in common, they are all very error prone, but are super fast. Verstappen is currently the fastest of this trio. Hamilton is not the fastest, but the most error-free driver in the paddock.
    Disagree. Lec is more dominant than Max.
    Max is just robust. Either it’s a stunning move or a crash that’s it from him.
    On other end Lec, is good at defensive. I see him next year as a complete driver. Which means In tyre wear if he can get on top of it, he’s a force. Remember he’s just into his 2nd year, Max in his 6/7th year in F1?

Max never been top in quali, given RB strength of good tyre management & chassis. He’s having good race car under him, nowhere I disrespect his skills. Yes he’s top but not at the level of legends etc.
    Where as vettel, it’s like if it’s his day then unstoppable else disaster just like max.
    Vettel is yet to be proven for his 4WDC, After 2018/2019. He needs a comeback, else I don’t see him beyond 2020 in ferrari if the same mistakes continues.

Charles has performed beyond expectations in his maiden year.Most pole award and should have had third in WDC.If not for some bad luck who knows what could have achieved he has a very brits future. Charles is the real deal the face of f1 mark my words .Remember the name Charles LECREC.

Seb had many more bad luck as Charles. Charles has 0 dnfs which were mechanical, Seb has had 2 dnfs, which is at least 30 more points he would have. Given this approach Seb would still be ahead od Leclerc by about 10 points. Some of people here are blind to say he is faster than Seb. Yes in some races he was, but Seb in general is still slightly faster. End of the story. You saw the races yourself, statistics tells the whole story.

Charles was very clumsy in Baku, Monaco, Japan, and Austria, Germany and some more. Seb in GB, Brasil, Bahrain. Too many mistakes by both of drivers and Charles is not a rookie.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 29th November 2019 at 16:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb had many more bad luck as Charles. Charles has 0 dnfs which were mechanical, Seb has had 2 dnfs, which is at least 30 more points he would have. Given this approach Seb would still be ahead od Leclerc by about 10 points. Some of people here are blind to say he is faster than Seb. Yes in some races he was, but Seb in general is still slightly faster. End of the story. You saw the races yourself, statistics tells the whole story.

Charles was very clumsy in Baku, Monaco, Japan, and Austria, Germany and some more. Seb in GB, Brasil, Bahrain. Too many mistakes by both of drivers and Charles is not a rookie.
    Every driver has his own lows & highs. We need to support both our drivers currently along with the team.
    Just think if we have a strong car, we have two strong drivers who can take title challenge with Ham & mercs. Not like Bottas or Albon who just drive for their seat.

If we can put Ham & mercs under pressure from both ends then it will be interesting to see ham approach & merc team reaction. It’s been easy for Ham all these years, although he did drive very well but he had lot of support from his team-mate.