Page 1 of 80 123456789101112131415265176 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

As I was the one how created 2015 thread at the end of 2014 season, and we made such a huge step forward, lets stick to the tradition and hope for even greater gains during the winter. Forza

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    As I was the one how created 2015 thread at the end of 2014 season, and we made such a huge step forward, lets stick to the tradition and hope for even greater gains during the winter. Forza

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    You are our lucky rabbit foot!!!
    Attachment 6557
    Lets hope next year you have stronger magic charm!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I wonder if it will have the same nose as this year which was a refinement of the 2014 concept or it will have RedBull style or Merc style. As it is a clean sheet design and not compromised by the previous regime I will find this very interesting as well as the front suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    I wonder if it will have the same nose as this year which was a refinement of the 2014 concept or it will have RedBull style or Merc style. As it is a clean sheet design and not compromised by the previous regime I will find this very interesting as well as the front suspension.
    I think it will be the short one

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    nećemo šuhu vezat, jelte

This will be the first car JA has produced for SF without having to work around the legacy of something someone else created. I'm fully expecting very significant aero improvements and a significant power boost from the PU from the engine team. I believe Ferrari will be the clear front runner next year and will break our titles drought in a big way in 2016
    peterg.png

Quote Originally Posted by Nand0Nand0 View Post
    This will be the first car JA has produced for SF without having to work around the legacy of something someone else created. I'm fully expecting very significant aero improvements and a significant power boost from the PU from the engine team. I believe Ferrari will be the clear front runner next year and will break our titles drought in a big way in 2016
    peterg.png
    i'm with you on this one mate.....i truly have faith in James Allison's work and now that he's going to be the sole designer of the 2016 contender without having to remedy someone else's work....GOOD things will come out of it
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i'm with you on this one mate.....i truly have faith in James Allison's work and now that he's going to be the sole designer of the 2016 contender without having to remedy someone else's work....GOOD things will come out of it
    Really do hope so!

Isn't Alison a technical director and not a designer where he overseas what's being designed? Either way, the outcomes will be the same, I guess.

Sack 'm all!!

Ow wait sorry standard response hehe.

Letz see what they are cookin' in Maranello.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

In post race interview JA seemed very optimistic about next years car. We will see, but I think guys know what to do. We are constantly bringing small updates (FW, diffuser, floor) and we are eating into Mercs advantage even with this years car.

Next year a bit more horsepower, narrower engine, very tight rear and I think we will give them hell

We need more pu HP. A lot more. Hp means pole pos. Seb in pole position is as good as it can get. Just think how Merc being on pole all season paid off!

We need better chassis, not much more HP. There is physical limit to these engines because of 100kg of fuel, therefore its evident Merc and Ferrari are nearly at top. I bet we wont make more then 20-30hp over the winter, it will most likely be all chassis and aero.

Remember, Merc has 1+ sec of advantage against all Merc powered teams, so its not all in engine. They also put heat into tires extremely fast therefore they are generally fastest in qualis right from the start .

Quote Originally Posted by From Treviso View Post
    Isn't Alison a technical director and not a designer where he overseas what's being designed? Either way, the outcomes will be the same, I guess.
    YES he's the techical director....WHICH means all the ideas that go around in designing the next year's car go by him and HE has the final say in EVERYTHING.....
    not to mention that he worked along side Rory Byrne (Ferrari's design guru that made Ferrari single seater super fast and dominant in 2000-2004) in his younger years as an aero design engineer....the guy is SUPER smart

i SOOOOOO look forward to 2016, it cannot come FAST enough
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

YES he's the techical director....WHICH means all the ideas that go around in designing the next year's car go by him and HE has the final say in EVERYTHING.....
    not to mention that he worked along side Rory Byrne (Ferrari's design guru that made Ferrari single seater super fast and dominant in 2000-2004) in his younger years as an aero design engineer....the guy is SUPER smart

i SOOOOOO look forward to 2016, it cannot come FAST enough
    Exactly right. I think its also worth pointing out that JA has a rather different, and really more modern method. The likes of Newey traditionally work very much alone. They control all aspects. I'll try and find a Newey interview where he describes exactly this. I believe Rory was the same. JA works his group as a team, empowering the team to meet goals and objectives with their own initiative and giving them latitude. JA's style is often described as Agile thinking/methodology. The older styles if often referred to as Waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    We need better chassis, not much more HP. There is physical limit to these engines because of 100kg of fuel, therefore its evident Merc and Ferrari are nearly at top. I bet we wont make more then 20-30hp over the winter, it will most likely be all chassis and aero.

Remember, Merc has 1+ sec of advantage against all Merc powered teams, so its not all in engine. They also put heat into tires extremely fast therefore they are generally fastest in qualis right from the start .
    And you think that is absolute the same PU for everyone?!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And you think that is absolute the same PU for everyone?!
    ^this....mercedes are not dumb to give their customers the SAME identical engine...common

the WORKS team gets the cream of the crop, while the customer teams get an engine that is sub par compared to what Mercedes puts in their car, PERIOD!!!

^this....mercedes are not dumb to give their customers the SAME identical engine...common

the WORKS team gets the cream of the crop, while the customer teams get an engine that is sub par compared to what Mercedes puts in their car, PERIOD!!!
    Of course. Every manufacturer is doing that. That's why i like Bernie's idea to introduce an independent engine distributor that will give engines to teams that don't make their own engine. This is an excellent solution. Teams like Williams will stand some chance that way. Now the teams like Williams are only vassals to the manufactures.

Lets start with rumours:

Turrini: "The 2016 car is almost ready. Ferrari will change the front suspension and the rear will be tighter"

Quote Originally Posted by F1NAC View Post
    Lets start with rumours:

Turrini: "The 2016 car is almost ready. Ferrari will change the front suspension and the rear will be tighter"
    somehow we all knew that about the suspension; we've run the pull rod for 4 years already and i think that is pretty much at the end of development.

hence i'm quite sure we'll see PUSH ROD suspension next year which i personally think will give SEB more confidence at attacking corners.

we've also heard that the engine will be tighter with smaller heads as well as smaller and more efficient ERS system which will add in tighter rear end.

again i'll add, 2016 cannot come fast enough.

Lets start with rumours:

Ahaha there was also the video with the tweet :P

Btw, he said also that Ferrari will make some changes on the PU and the suspension will be Mercedes style. There was no enough space for the tweet :)

Lets start with rumours:

Quote Originally Posted by Gianlu27 View Post
    Ahaha there was also the video with the tweet :P

Btw, he said also that Ferrari will make some changes on the PU and the suspension will be Mercedes style. There was no enough space for the tweet :)

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I still believe it's bigtime HP ! that get's the car and driver on pole. From there Seb knows how to stay up front and win. Ferrari with all the tech. areo, chassis etc. couldn't find the pole for the life of them this year. Lewis on pole all those races, I believe didn't hurt him or Merc, except for say 3xs !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I still believe it's bigtime HP ! that get's the car and driver on pole. From there Seb knows how to stay up front and win. Ferrari with all the tech. areo, chassis etc. couldn't find the pole for the life of them this year. Lewis on pole all those races, I believe didn't hurt him or Merc, except for say 3xs !
    BHP is good, but its about drivability and how the power is put through to the rear wheels. Chassis, are good, but with how tight the chassis regs are, nearly all the teams chassis are the same, its all about power delivery and aero.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Arrivabene expects to beat Mercedes in 2016!!!

In 2015 Ferrari have emerged as the best of the rest behind Mercedes, with team ‘new boy’ Sebastian Vettel scoring three wins thus far which has led team boss Maurizio Arrivabene to dream big ahead of the 2016 season.

When asked by La Gazzetta dello Sport what expectations he has for next season, Arrivabene declared, “My honest expectation is not just to be closer, but to be in front of them.”

Ferrari last won the F1 constructors’ world title in 2008 with Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa in the team, and a year earlier won their last F1 drivers’ world championship title.

Since the advent of Formula 1 in 1950, Ferrari have won 16 constructors’ titles and 15 drivers’ titles.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I am fairly hopeful for next year. Let's hope it all the optimism and high expectations don't backfire in the end, because if we are not atleast as capable to challange for a win like in 2010/2012 it will be taken pretty hard by everyone. Seeing a performance like in Malaysia this year regularly for next season is what i expect.

Quote Originally Posted by cokata View Post
    I am fairly hopeful for next year. Let's hope it all the optimism and high expectations don't backfire in the end, because if we are not atleast as capable to challange for a win like in 2010/2012 it will be taken pretty hard by everyone. Seeing a performance like in Malaysia this year regularly for next season is what i expect.
    Ι liked more the ones of Singapore and Hungary!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    ^ yeah this for sure....but hey, if come 2016 we'll be able to NOT only challenge for wins, but actually be in front of Mercedes on pure pace....WOW, i'd be extatic with joy....and i can just imagine how Maurizio and CO. would feel....that would be simply amazing

now let's hope our boys back in Maranello have been and are working flat out around the clock on the 2016 ROCKET and let's hope our boys will be fighting for POLE come Q3 in OZ

Nice, i think Arrivabene doesn't make empty promises. So this means that at least we will be very, very close xD

I think Malaysia holds bigger weight because it wasn't a street like circuit.