Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: 2017 Brazilian Interlagos GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Total overtakes: 52 of which 20 of them DRS (sigh)

Raikkonen put up a superb defense vs Hamilton, esp. great out of the last corner. Massa also held his composure vs Alonso, though was helped by a significant power advantage as well.

Couldn't really understand Verstappen's engineer's fussling - had a free stop & could get 3rd in case of an SC. Seemed like an 'I don't want to admit a 20-yr-old is right.'

TYRE STRATEGIES: Bottas' stop was VERY aggressively early - Pirelli suggested lap 26 that became lap 31 w/ SC & Bottas pitted on lap 27. No way Vettel could've pre-empted that w/ Mercedes having more info on the soft as well (thanks to Hamilton).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOiEmpsX4AAQkz3.jpg

Reverse strategy (soft-supersoft) superior than plan A due to low fuel & more rubber-up late on decreasing extreme tyre wear on low working range supersoft compared to plan A runners. (Remember, track was near record hot.) Accentuated Hamilton's pace advantage.

Hamilton was only 0.1s per lap slower than Vettel on 23 laps older tyres in lap 30-41, suggesting he had better pace tyre-corrected. Vettel probably didn't back off w/ Bottas breathing down his neck. Bottas never really got close enough to attack Vettel, suggesting he was as quick as the German at best. Raikkonen slower than Vettel on supersofts, but quicker on softs, so equal pace overall. Great drive from Massa, holding off the clearly quicker Alonso & Perez.
    Very good analysis, well done mate.

Raikkonen put up a superb defense vs Hamilton, esp. great out of the last corner. Massa also held his composure vs Alonso, though was helped by a significant power advantage as well.
    Big congratulations and thanks to the Team for a great result in Brazil.

Felt like Kimi was the only driver who wanted to keep Lewis behind.

Agreed--nice fight for 6th.

Happy that Felipe had a good weekend. Awesome radio message from Felipinho.

Croft at his cringiest Lewis-loving best, though Brundle had his moments as well.

Still, the most important take-away was the result. Let's close 2017 strong in Abu Dhabi.

Agree with your sentiments - Most of the DRS moves are more akin to highway overtaking and, for me, just as boring.

Raikkonen put up a superb defense vs Hamilton, esp. great out of the last corner....
    Agree again - and to emphasis just how good this effort was, he did this in a era where all sorts of contortions have been added to the rules to help the guy behind get past, ie can't change direction more than once, leave room etc. Breathtaking battles happen when the guy behind can't easily get past. Watching multiple changes of direction in the one section of road by the leading driver trying to block the driver behind - that was awesome. And, if the guy behind got by against those blocking tactics that was an incredible move.

As an aside, I think all the focus on counting overtakes has distracted us from what actually is great to watch. IMO it's not the overtake, its the battle, the "journey" leading up to the overtake that excites the viewer.

so what do you guys make of Abu Dhabi? on paper Merc are favourites but do you think the track will suit our car?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    so what do you guys make of Abu Dhabi? on paper Merc are favourites but do you think the track will suit our car?
    50/50, it is gonna be tight I think

Yes it will. High DF circuit plus plenty of medium and slow speed corners. SF17H excels in this kind of tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yes it will. High DF circuit plus plenty of medium and slow speed corners. SF17H excels in this kind of tracks.
    excellent. I hope we can nail it.

I wonder why Haas team are continuing with Gros & K-mag.
    Every race they take someone off the line & getting penalties. Added to that there's also radio rant from Gros.
    Really I don't understand this logic from Haas team.
    When Ferrari requested Haas team to consider their drivers Charles Leclerc or AG to have a seat, they politely rejected offer.

I feel above two drivers are much better than Gros or K-mag. Atleast in dry conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Every race they take someone off the line & getting penalties. Added to that there's also radio rant from Gros.
    Really I don't understand this logic from Haas team.
    When Ferrari requested Haas team to consider their drivers Charles Leclerc or AG to have a seat, they politely rejected offer.

I feel above two drivers are much better than Gros or K-mag. Atleast in dry conditions.
    HAAS have the worst drivers on the grid.....IMO.....if not the second worst drivers on the grid this second half of the season. They both messed up in Interlagos even though the stewards considered the MAG-VAN-RIC incident a "racing incident." MAG was at fault and GRO was at fault for taking out OCO.

HAAS have the worst drivers on the grid.....IMO.....if not the second worst drivers on the grid this second half of the season. They both messed up in Interlagos even though the stewards considered the MAG-VAN-RIC incident a "racing incident." MAG was at fault and GRO was at fault for taking out OCO.
    KMAG is at least fun to watch. Grosjean on the other hand is super-annoying and should leave F1 immediately. Unfortunately, Haas signed him for next year as well.

OCON looks pretty consistent driver for me.
    These two Haas drivers are horrible. I don't know how Haas is letting them to continue. Atleast K-MAG sometimes comes live with good moves. But Grosjean been unbearablem every race he will be on radio saying something or else sit in the garrage with a crash.

They are good drivers waiting for opportunity, give them a chance. If they don't perform then remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    KMAG is at least fun to watch. Grosjean on the other hand is super-annoying and should leave F1 immediately. Unfortunately, Haas signed him for next year as well.
    Yeah horrible, how did or on what terms did they extend his contract only God knows.

Grosjean on the other hand is super-annoying and should leave F1 immediately. Unfortunately, Haas signed him for next year as well.
    It's unfortunate.

Andretti Motorsports is looking into F1 given said rules in 2021. IF they enter, that will be 2 American teams in the fray and hopefully they bring in some talent i.e. Rossi and/or Taku and do better than the HA HA HAAS team.

It's unfortunate.

Andretti Motorsports is looking into F1 given said rules in 2021. IF they enter, that will be 2 American teams in the fray and hopefully they bring in some talent i.e. Rossi and/or Taku and do better than the HA HA HAAS team.
    Now Andretti would be a proper U.S. team. Hope they make it.

and do better than the HA HA HAAS team.
    Bit harsh they have done pretty well considering....outscoring McLaren and up there with Renault and Torro Rosso.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It has got to be whatever money they're bringing in. I have to believe Rossi would dominate both of them.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Bit harsh they have done pretty well considering....outscoring McLaren and up there with Renault and Torro Rosso.
    Relax buddy, it was hardly anything but harsh......all tongue and cheek on my part.

Just a quick one go away montozomollo what a dinasour he makes comments that are childish lewis would have beaten seb really may be he thinks seb would have beaten lewis not for 2 dnfs stay silent monte .

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Just a quick one go away montozomollo what a dinasour he makes comments that are childish lewis would have beaten seb really may be he thinks seb would have beaten lewis not for 2 dnfs stay silent monte .
    well he is kind of right; had it not been for him sticking his car in the wall in Q1, i'm sure he would have qualify on pole
    so even if seb would have been second on the grid, he may of may not have been in the lead by first corner, and even if he was Lewis would have given him a run for seb's money....

but yeah, TOO many if's and's or but's......it's all done and dusted.....SEB won

Former Ferrari president didn't see Malaysia race ??
    Vet started clawed back to 4th place, if I'm not wrong from last place. His car was the fastest on the grid on that race weekend. He even could have taken pole, Ferrari were fast at Malaysia.
    So according to mont, if vet would have started at front he could have won that race right.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well he is kind of right; had it not been for him sticking his car in the wall in Q1, i'm sure he would have qualify on pole
    so even if seb would have been second on the grid, he may of may not have been in the lead by first corner, and even if he was Lewis would have given him a run for seb's money....

but yeah, TOO many if's and's or but's......it's all done and dusted.....SEB won
    The thing is Lewis ended up in the wall on qualy while Seb didn't. This made Seb the better driver that weekend.

The thing is Lewis ended up in the wall on qualy while Seb didn't. This made Seb the better driver that weekend.
    Not sure if Lewis crash was down to him or some car failure. So I’d say Seb AND Ferrari were better that weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not sure if Lewis crash was down to him or some car failure. So I’d say Seb AND Ferrari were better that weekend
    It was a Lewis mistake, but they are all humans and make mistskes sometimes. Lewis just made fewer over the season and had a slightly better car most of the time

Last 3 races Kimi has finished P3 and is now only 7 points behind Ric.
    Ric is the only other driver this season to get 3 third places in a row. After those races he won in Baku.
    could it be?

Last 3 races Kimi has finished P3 and is now only 7 points behind Ric.
    Ric is the only other driver this season to get 3 third places in a row. After those races he won in Baku.
    could it be?
    Might be ....Kimi atleast showing some consistency. If he wins & Ferrari finish 1-2. it will be great confidence booster for the team going ahead into the next season.
    But Ferrari lacks engine HP, added to that oil consumption issue with the new spec for ferrari.Which is main concern

Driver is making the difference added to strong car.
    It's time for Ferrari & vet to deliver strong pack of punch.

also something slightly odd: Ham has never finished P3 this season.
    so maybe he will be 3rd in A.D. behind the Ferraris, I would take that.
    Last edited by Ferrarichamp; 16th November 2017 at 15:07.

also something slightly odd: Ham has never finished P3 this season.
    so maybe he will be 3rd in A.D. behind the Ferraris, I would take that.
    Also no DNS or DNF .....that engine in ham car is bullet proof.