Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 732434445464748495051525354555657
Results 1,681 to 1,705 of 1705

Thread: Barcelona Testing 2018

when was the last time you saw an overturned burning vehicle? They have fire suppression systems. Alonso's accident last yer , his car was totaled, no fire.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    and as soon as it traps a driver or it breaks in a huge shunt and impales the driver people will wake up and realise how bad and potentially dangerous it is?
    (not that I want that to ever happen, dear gods no.)
    It's said teh Halo can support the weight of a London double decker. If a shunt is that big, I doubt the Halo is the worst of your problems. It really just completes the driver safety cell and is probably the strongest part of it. Saying that, I would prefer the cars without the Halo, but it's here so I doubt it's going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    when was the last time you saw an overturned burning vehicle? They have fire suppression systems. Alonso's accident last yer , his car was totaled, no fire.
    Never seen an overturned burning vehicle. Fire suppression systems? Where were they when these fires happened-->Hamiltons (2014) and Kimi's (2016)?? Fires do happen.

Hungaroring 2014 F1,Hamilton car on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fzk1l-KlZk

F1 2016 Kimi Raikkonen Engine BLOWN FIRE Australian GP RACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErdaJUwa-3A

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    It's said teh Halo can support the weight of a London double decker. If a shunt is that big, I doubt the Halo is the worst of your problems. It really just completes the driver safety cell and is probably the strongest part of it. Saying that, I would prefer the cars without the Halo, but it's here so I doubt it's going away.
    Putting weight on something in static mode is different than putting weight in dynamic mode.....you have to account for the weight of both opposing forces or 1 opposing force at said velocity not to mention the angle of both forces at said velocity. I would like the FIA to simulate an F1 car at said speed (use Jules speed) and ramming it underneath a double decker bus(the rear part where the engine is and the most heaviest because of the the drive axle too) with the halo.....and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Never seen an overturned burning vehicle. Fire suppression systems? Where were they when these fires happened-->Hamiltons (2014) and Kimi's (2016)?? Fires do happen.

Hungaroring 2014 F1,Hamilton car on fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fzk1l-KlZk

F1 2016 Kimi Raikkonen Engine BLOWN FIRE Australian GP RACE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErdaJUwa-3A

Putting weight on something in static mode is different than putting weight in dynamic mode.....you have to account for the weight of both opposing forces or 1 opposing force at said velocity not to mention the angle of both forces at said velocity. I would like the FIA to simulate an F1 car at said speed (use Jules speed) and ramming it underneath a double decker bus(the rear part where the engine is and the most heaviest because of the the drive axle too) with the halo.....and see what happens.
    Engine fires are not the same as fires caused by impact, which is when you will be trapped in the cockpit by the Halo. Hamilton, was in no hurry to get out of the car and Kimis was put out pretty quick and only started when he shut down the engine. The Halo was tested using weight the equivalent of a wheel projected at the car at high speed so it was tested using dynamic methods. The double decker is just an analogy to describe how strong it is. It was never meant to be protection against the type of accident that killed Jules. That was a freak.

Here check this out... https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...-device-busted

Mercedes did not test with the HS tyre because it feels that tyre will be used mainly for qualifying only and not used for small number of laps left in the race.

Mercedes did not test with the HS tyre because it feels that tyre will be used mainly for qualifying only and not used for small number of laps left in the race.
    If only used for quali they would have to start a race on it with full fuel. Surely could use for laps at the end of the race on light fuel as would be even better than on full fuel at the start of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by mark p View Post
    If only used for quali they would have to start a race on it with full fuel. Surely could use for laps at the end of the race on light fuel as would be even better than on full fuel at the start of the race.
    Start with the tyres used in Q2 which gives a bit more leeway in choices.
    Forza Ferrari

In the video clip below Aldo Costa says Mercedes made a mistake not bringing and testing with the HS tyre.

I think, Mercedes have a new type of suspension system for the car. Maybe an advanced version of the FRIC system where its all mechanical.
    Looking at the car on track, it rides curbs so well. I have looked at some footage, and on the final chicane, at the exit, the Mercedes car just look so planted, not much sliding, the suspension moves so fluidly, like its a Mercedes S call on air springs. They can throw the car into the corner, the suspension takes all the bumps without upsetting the car, isolating each wheel, which helps to put the power down. I hope our guys have something too in the car that they can improve.

Quote Originally Posted by mardyrt View Post
    I think, Mercedes have a new type of suspension system for the car. Maybe an advanced version of the FRIC system where its all mechanical.
    Looking at the car on track, it rides curbs so well. I have looked at some footage, and on the final chicane, at the exit, the Mercedes car just look so planted, not much sliding, the suspension moves so fluidly, like its a Mercedes S call on air springs. They can throw the car into the corner, the suspension takes all the bumps without upsetting the car, isolating each wheel, which helps to put the power down. I hope our guys have something too in the car that they can improve.
    Hydraulic actuators. Plan B when the FRIC system was banned.

Hydraulic actuators. Plan B when the FRIC system was banned.
    Any likelihood that we have anything similar up our sleeves? Otherwise we may face another boring and predictable season ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Any likelihood that we have anything similar up our sleeves? Otherwise we may face another boring and predictable season ahead.
    No one really knows what Ferrari has, but from what people were saying how our car looked on track compared to the Merc which looked like it was glued and on rails, then I would have to say that we do not have such suspension

Unless Ferrari will bring something different to OZ
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

In melbourne next week all will be different total reset weather etc etc here on sunday temp will hit 40 degrees c and next sunday the same could happen forget testing it all starts next week here in melbourne.

Lets hope Merc chew their tires, if not.... is gonna be difficult, i suspect Ferrari has great pace at one lap
    if we can have that one lap pace at will in the race too, we can keep them in the back .
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Now we are down to 0,3s (from 1 sec they where shouting since day 3 of 2nd test) ???

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...Englisch%29%29
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Now we are down to 0,3s (from 1 sec they where shouting since day 3 of 2nd test) ???

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...Englisch%29%29
    You know what. Im waiting until race day. Screw the media

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    No, Ferrari has been tight lipped about their suspension setup or make-up.

No, Ferrari has been tight lipped about their suspension setup or make-up.
    Lets hope as the old saying goes they are "hiding all of their talents under a bushel"

Forza Jules

cant help but wonder why our car isnt't as fast and planted in the corner as it used to be... is it the high rake that compromised this ability? or did we purposefully did something to hide the true pace... the condition of tyres seems to show that merc and rb were driving to the limit in corners... while us not so much...is it because we cant or we didnt want to show out true pace..

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    cant help but wonder why our car isnt't as fast and planted in the corner as it used to be... is it the high rake that compromised this ability? or did we purposefully did something to hide the true pace... the condition of tyres seems to show that merc and rb were driving to the limit in corners... while us not so much...is it because we cant or we didnt want to show out true pace..
    OR could it be the LONGER wheel base we have this year compared to last year??? maybe, maybe NOT.....we'll all find the answer in a few days come Q3 and race on Sunday as to where we stalk up the order
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    OR could it be the LONGER wheel base we have this year compared to last year??? maybe, maybe NOT.....we'll all find the answer in a few days come Q3 and race on Sunday as to where we stalk up the order
    whatever we have seen of sf71h so far is missing aero parts we had in sf70h.... i wonder if we will put them back on... even if we do,would we gain lap time if we add them at all...
    sf70h vs sf71h.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    whatever we have seen of sf71h so far is missing aero parts we had in sf70h.... i wonder if we will put them back on... even if we do,would we gain lap time if we add them at all...
    sf70h vs sf71h.jpg
    IMO, the SF70-H (last yr) was tight (WB) and bad a$$. This yr. the SF71-H is 5inches longer(127mm/12.7cm) than it's predecessor and NOT the 60mm or 2.36inches/6cm that we were led to believe. So the LWB might be factor....but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    You know what. Im waiting until race day. Screw the media
    Of course!!! Never believe the media, they are full of crap, just to make you read their stories and follow them. The truth will be told saturday afternoon in Melbourne after Qualy
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

If we have good 1 lap pace and get the pole we can co trol the race from there, don't forget Melbourne is a street cit uit so less grip,the mercs have been blistering their soft tyres and hamilton has gone the most aggressive.

Related to questions been asked

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/fe...ncere-1015429/