Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bahrain GP: Race

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    LOL.....you kidding right?? no way deep down you believe this.....
    vettel's under pressure NOT only from Hamilton, but his SRTRONG teammate ALSO.....
    I still believe, and will always believe. Otherwise whats the point of watching, If there is no hope. We have a strong car, hope the peak Vettel will come back.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Don’t know why everyone were bashing vettel ???
    He took the lead & didnt have the pace to keep up n gave it to Leclerc.
    When he was having horrible pace compared to Ham. Ferrari gave preference to Lec who was doing so well.
    Ham pitted first, ferrari were late in doing so. Eventually vettel lost position. 1st mistake.
    When it’s observed that undercut was effective, ferrari should have realised & be more prompt in 2nd stint. But didn’t.
    Vettel overtook Ham & Built a lead.
    Again ferrari were late to react (2nd mistake) ham pitted n wipped that deficit within 1lap. This left vettel into defensive where his tyres aren’t ready & was pushing like a hell.

I don’t blame both the drivers in this case. It’s a pit crew fault.
    We reacted with Charles who was leading at Ham's 1st stop, 2nd stop we reacted the next lap which is the only possible way to react when the guy behind goes into the pit?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We reacted with Charles who was leading at Ham's 1st stop, 2nd stop we reacted the next lap which is the only possible way to react when the guy behind goes into the pit?
    Yep, in this race, Charles was the lead driver.

It seems this year, getting the second strategy is punished more.
    Tyres suck at the mo, if a team gets a handle on them they’ll just blow everyone away.

Sorry greig I don’t agree with above. Basically vet was struggling against Ham.1st stint.
    Lec was doing well & has healthy lead.

Ok do u mean, ferrari knew vet will loose position against ham ???
    If that is the case, he over took n built the gap again. When ham went for medium, ferrari immediately should have reacted. Already they knew undercut is very efficient, then why didn’t ferrari pit vettel earlier again.
    2 times team left him to battle out against Ham.
    Lec by no mean in any sort of pressure ...!! Team preferred him.

This season is over as long as Merc are in position they will capitalize on our weaknesses. I wouldn't think honda would have been as reliable but once they get some more Hp watch out. Ferrari probably had to turn it down as they were getting critical.

It’s not a rule like lead driver should pit first.

This was the definitive Ferrari race. Had the pace all weekend, took the front row, dominated the entire race. And then we capitulate with reliability issues and driver mistakes. This race was like a metaphor for the 2018 season. Good first half, shocking second half.

Great race from Leclerc. Really dominated the rest of the field with a mature drive. He 100 percent deserved the win.

Vettel. I don't know what to say. He has been the driver I supported since I started watching Formula 1. These last two years however something has happened with him. I think the mistake in Germany really affected him. People here are saying he can't race wheel to wheel which I think is absolutely wrong. Some of the overtakes he has made in the past years have been incredible. I don't want to say he is past it because he is 31. I think the past year and what happened to him today and the fact that Charles was so quick will be a wake up call. Kimi was never really there to pressure him but now he has someone quick to contend with.

Also I hope we can fix these gremlins. We clearly have pace just iron out the reliability issues.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    This was the definitive Ferrari race. Had the pace all weekend, took the front row, dominated the entire race. And then we capitulate with reliability issues and driver mistakes. This race was like a metaphor for the 2018 season. Good first half, shocking second half.

Great race from Leclerc. Really dominated the rest of the field with a mature drive. He 100 percent deserved the win.

Vettel. I don't know what to say. He has been the driver I supported since I started watching Formula 1. These last two years however something has happened with him. I think the mistake in Germany really affected him. People here are saying he can't race wheel to wheel which I think is absolutely wrong. Some of the overtakes he has made in the past years have been incredible. I don't want to say he is past it because he is 31. I think the past year and what happened to him today and the fact that Charles was so quick will be a wake up call. Kimi was never really there to pressure him but now he has someone quick to contend with.

Also I hope we can fix these gremlins. We clearly have pace just iron out the reliability issues.
    One of the best post in last days, I am totally with you.

1 MERCEDES 87
    2 FERRARI 48
    3 RED BULL RACING HONDA 31
    4 ALFA ROMEO RACING FERRARI 10
    5 MCLAREN RENAULT 8
    6 HAAS FERRARI 8
    7 RENAULT 6
    8 SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA 3
    9 RACING POINT BWT MERCEDES 3
    10 WILLIAMS MERCEDES 0

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    1 MERCEDES 87
    2 FERRARI 48
    5 MCLAREN RENAULT 8
    6 HAAS FERRARI 8
    7 RENAULT 6
    10 WILLIAMS MERCEDES 0
    Great

I’ve cancelled my travel tickets to other state today just to watch this race. I’m disappointed.

Binotto to Vettel post-race radio:

Hi Seb. Mattia speaking. Next race will be the best one. Don't worry. You did your best, you did a fantastic race. These things may happen.

What a team principal. He is really growing on me. Hopefully he can have a sit down with Seb.
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

Sorry greig I don’t agree with above. Basically vet was struggling against Ham.1st stint.
    Lec was doing well & has healthy lead.

Ok do u mean, ferrari knew vet will loose position against ham ???
    If that is the case, he over took n built the gap again. When ham went for medium, ferrari immediately should have reacted. Already they knew undercut is very efficient, then why didn’t ferrari pit vettel earlier again.
    2 times team left him to battle out against Ham.
    Lec by no mean in any sort of pressure ...!! Team preferred him.
    1st stops we pitted Charles to react to Lewis, Charles was leading he gets 1st pit to protect his lead, 2nd pit for Lewis sadly Merc don't tell us they are going to pit so when he comes in we are already past the pitlane and can only react the next lap. Seb was not on the same tyres so Merc were always going to pit him before Seb, I guess Seb had a poor inlap for Lewis to make up so much time and it was not all down to undercut.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    1 MERCEDES 87
    2 FERRARI 48
    5 MCLAREN RENAULT 8
    6 HAAS FERRARI 8
    7 RENAULT 6
    10 WILLIAMS MERCEDES 0
    Wonder how long Gasly has got before RedBull give him the Kvyat treatment.

I'm just speechless really. There's always some **** happening to this team no matter what and basicly every time that happens Lewis lucks in. Looks like Leclerc has inherited Kimi's "luck". Oh, and there's definitely something wrong with Seb, as a driver, since Monza. Something is seriously wrong. As for the car/package. With that kind of quality control it's impossible to win titles. As for the overall design we will still have to wait for Europe to make a final judgment. That's all for today. Heartbreak.

What can you say about that race.

I think all you can say is disaster. It would have only been worse had our cars stopped or crashed. All in all we are lucky to get a 3rd & 5th (Thanks SC/Renault) but our pace meant that we should be all enjoying a 1-2 or at worst a 1-3.

I have this belief that Ferrari has a flaw in its culture, we all too often see us get out executed by teams around us in tight situations, whether that is Merc or RBR. If we have a clear gap we are fine but if its tight we tend to come out behind and I don't believe its luck but discipline and meticulous execution. This team makes bad decisions across the board from drivers, to pit wall, to the engineering department. The team comes across as reactive lacking a confidence in ourselves and that occurs consistently during the course of a weekend or over a season.

We obviously can hook it up some weekends (Silverston last year was a highlight) but we clearly don't have the ability to create an edge or be consistent over long periods of relentless work. Ferrari remind me a lot of Arsenal in the football world, lots of flamboyance, a joy to look at, clearly a big name, struggling to achieve past glories but always lacking the edge required to win given a culture of accepting mistakes.

I don't have answers and Mattia deserves time but I have doubts given his tenure with the team. We need work ethic and precision, coupled with a ruthless edge and since the start of the season I have not seen it given how well testing went and how we had "addressed" some of those gaps.

I'm still hopeful, I'm not saying its over. However I do think, after Spain, where we stand will be telling. Have Ferrari moved forward or is it more of the same?
    Last edited by RammiXP; 31st March 2019 at 18:31.

Hi Seb. Mattia speaking. Next race will be the best one. Don't worry. You did your best, you did a fantastic race. These things may happen.

What a team principal. He is really growing on me. Hopefully he can have a sit down with Seb.
    Great to see..!! I like Binotto very much. Calm & composed

1st stops we pitted Charles to react to Lewis, Charles was leading he gets 1st pit to protect his lead, 2nd pit for Lewis sadly Merc don't tell us they are going to pit so when he comes in we are already past the pitlane and can only react the next lap. Seb was not on the same tyres so Merc were always going to pit him before Seb, I guess Seb had a poor inlap for Lewis to make up so much time and it was not all down to undercut.
    May be..... but still greig that pit wall is not reactive for sure.

Picking you up when you are down. Really like him more and more.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I'm just speechless really. There's always some **** happening to this team no matter what and basicly every time that happens Lewis lucks in. Looks like Leclerc has inherited Kimi's "luck". Oh, and there's definitely something wrong with Seb, as a driver, since Monza. Something is seriously wrong. As for the car/package. With that kind of quality control it's impossible to win titles. As for the overall design we will still have to wait for Europe to make a final judgment. That's all for today. Heartbreak.
    Since Monza ? Try mid season 2017.

I would like to see Norris in the 2nd red bull

May be..... but still greig that pit wall is not reactive for sure.
    Lewis on softs, Vettel on the better mediums
    Wouldn’t make sense to pit Vettel first.

Speaking to those who are as down in the dumps as I am, this weekend proved we have all that it takes. Drivers that have the talent, our cars although sharp lack in tempering and hardness.
    I fervently hope and trust our team gets to the bottom of whatever ails the machine and that our drivers remain calm and ready to take and gain advantage. Today proved FOR SURE
    that faith in Leclerc's talent was correct but it was such a painful experience for him and for all of us to go through! What a mature young man Charles is! Problems will be solved and we
    will come back stronger and more prepared for final success! FORZA FERRARI!!! Keep the faith!
    Last edited by Liscia; 31st March 2019 at 18:45.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    It makes sense. Seb was on mediums, Ham was on softs. Seb had built a gap. And they knew that Hamilton would come anytime soon, better to stop first than wait for Hamilton to gain time and essentially put Seb on same age same tyres. All the advantage was completely lost.

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    Soft aren’t working & team knew delta between soft & medium.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well like i said over and over.....like a scratched out vinyl record.....you can make a fast car reliable a LOT quicker THEN you can make a reliable car FASTER
    That's exactly they way I am thinking. We were the fastest all weekend. I am sure they are going to solve this problem. I am confident in our team, in Binotto and our drivers line up.

I really feel for Charles .... done a fantastic job whole weekend.

Last year same time

Seb 50pts
    Kimi 15

Lewis 33
    Bottas 22

Ferrari 65pts
    Mercedes 55
    It's not how start but how you finish.

BTW, next race (China), it MAY seem we have grid penalties for Charles IF he needs a new MGH-H.

So he needs to get pole again regardless.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    BTW, next race (China), it MAY seem we have grid penalties for Charles IF he needs a new MGH-H.

So he needs to get pole again regardless.
    Won't be a penalty to change it in China? can't you use 3 per season and after that you get penalties?
    Forza Ferrari

Pace wise car looks good. I hope they don’t mess up with strategy