Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171829 ... LastLast

Thread: What is going on with Sebastian Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by hrc5555 View Post
    Vettel is overrated and not in the top three drivers any more!
    Next race, Vettel's car is overheated and not in the top three anymore ! Ferrari signed Vettle knowing he dosen't need a car to get around. He's that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Next race, Vettel's car is overheated and not in the top three anymore ! Ferrari signed Vettle knowing he dosen't need a car to get around. He's that good.

Seb is lightning fast when car responds. Hamilton & Alonso can drag results even if car doesn't respond. So what does that mean? give Seb the car he needs, we'll get titles

Vettel is overrated and not in the top three drivers any more!
    Forza Ferrari

I'd say the top 5 would be Alonso, Hamilton, Ricciardo, Verstappen, Vettel in an uncertain order.

Truthfully I'd bet on Alonso, Hamilton, Ricciardo (as previously seen) over Vettel for the duration of a season. Verstappen's inexperience may hinder him at the moment, but he's certainly not showing that on track. If errors will emerge is unclear.

Having said that, I think Vettel and Raikkonen are more than good enough to win the title if Ferrari build the best car. But I do think someone like Alonso would drag more out of a middling car.

Quote Originally Posted by Infi24r View Post
    2014 is quite clear to understand for all teams. I don't see anything contradictory. Ferrari picked up two drivers who got trounced by their team mates in 2014 and we're to believe this is the best possible lineup?

They need to take a risk on a driver, they should have tried to steal Verstappen from the Toro Rosso.
    Yes, because the very next year yielded results: 3 wins and 2nd in the WCC.

2016 and it's not like we're trundling about with the Manors. Expectations were high based on 2015 and the current disappointment is directly proportional.

You can't win a war on two fronts and there really is no reason to believe that Ferrari's problems have to do with the car AND the drivers.

It seems many F1, Ferrari fans put the team and car aside and just watch for their driver to perform a miracle each race. If he dosen't well he's voted out of the top 3. Gearbox, accident or avoid other driver accident, tyres, all mean nothing, the driver should overcome all this and win. How did the favorite driver get to F1 if something as rediculous as a car problem cause him not to win ? Get rid of Seb bring back Sato , he's cheaper to have!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Seb is lightning fast when car responds. Hamilton & Alonso can drag results even if car doesn't respond. So what does that mean? give Seb the car he needs, we'll get titles

I have never seen Hamilton or Alonso "drag results even when their car doesn't respond".

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    I have never seen Hamilton or Alonso "drag results even when their car doesn't respond".
    Valencia 2012

Disappointed Since 2010

Recall Alonso's 2008-09 where he was dragging that dog to top 5 places & some times podiums. Hamilton did pretty well for his 2009 McLaren. Alonso has wins starting from 5th & below on the grid, which clearly shows he extracts more. But if you hate Alo & Ham, you won't see much

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Valencia 2012....OR more like the whole 2012 season
    there, i fixed that for ya....

[QUOTE=Rishu;921067]Recall Alonso's 2008-09 where he was dragging that dog to top 5 places & some times podiums. Hamilton did pretty well for his 2009 McLaren. Alonso has wins starting from 5th & below on the grid, which clearly shows he extracts more. But if you hate Alo & Ham, you won't see much Ver

Very well said indeed! You never knew untill the finish line if Alonso was a winner or podium most of the time. I for one was in shock when he left. Ferrari " Had the Man!' I'm not putting Seb down , but ....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    there, i fixed that for ya....
    I went with a specific example for fear of sounding like a broken record.

Disappointed Since 2010

I went with a specific example for fear of sounding like a broken record.
    Well, I don't know what this specific example really shows. That was the race where safety car erased Vettel's 20 sec lead and Alonso's 35 seconds deficit to the front. Then Vettel's alternator's gave up and soon after that Grosjean's...

Quote Originally Posted by DelMar View Post
    Well, I don't know what this specific example really shows. That was the race where safety car erased Vettel's 20 sec lead and Alonso's 35 seconds deficit to the front. Then Vettel's alternator's gave up and soon after that Grosjean's...
    That race is Valencia 2012.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    That race is Valencia 2012.
    Which also happens to be the race that was mentioned above.

My point is that he started from eleventh and won, regardless of what happened to those in front of him. No one can deny that with Alonso, we always felt like we at least had a shot at a win, except in 2014, when the car was terrible.

Disappointed Since 2010

Ferrari have stopped developing the 2016 car long back. So dont expect any miracle from SEB or KIMI. Lets settle for 3rd in WCC and focus on 2017. Getting a head start in 2017 is very important. Hope 2017 WDC Seb AND WCC Ferrari.

Valencia 2012
    Malaysia 2012 was better.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 27th August 2016 at 08:00.

What is wrong with Vettel!??

O yes, this first corner crash was probably Raikkonens fault, right Greig, Rob??

Has anyone noticed more supportive tweets and in general more tweets for Kimi from the scuderia account since he renewed his contract ?

What is wrong with Vettel!??

O yes, this first corner crash was probably Raikkonens fault, right Greig, Rob??
    Hey..hey enough with the blame game..i bet last year you were probably calling kimi calling obsolete.. And now vettels the bad guy.. in his defense,the footage From our point of view it sure looked like vettel made that mistake..but if you look at his onboard you can cleary see he had no idea that there were two other cars beside him.he was right behind nico ahead of verstapen and he was also following a line which was wider than nicos..clearly leaving a space for one car.. And visibility in an f1 cars cockpit is very limited..you can barely see whats beside you..you should know that..where as max clearly could see the two cars ahead and taking the turn before he plunged into that gap..his head must have been in the clouds if he thought a gap was going to magically open because of his awesomeness

Stop putting blame on any one of our drivers...

If it was not for Mad Max trying one of his stupid moves, with a car over the curbs we'd probably have a much better result today, instead not only he did this again, but we end up asking who of our drivers is to blame?
    This is ridiculous..
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by f412 View Post
    Hey..hey enough with the blame game..i bet last year you were probably calling kimi calling obsolete.. And now vettels the bad guy.. in his defense,the footage From our point of view it sure looked like vettel made that mistake..but if you look at his onboard you can cleary see he had no idea that there were two other cars beside him.he was right behind nico ahead of verstapen and he was also following a line which was wider than nicos..clearly leaving a space for one car.. And visibility in an f1 cars cockpit is very limited..you can barely see whats beside you..you should know that..where as max clearly could see the two cars ahead and taking the turn before he plunged into that gap..his head must have been in the clouds if he thought a gap was going to magically open because of his awesomeness
    +1, and I'm quite surprised that most people on the forum seem to think it was Seb's fault as much as Vertsappen's. Races aren't won at the first corner, especially at Spa.

Vettel's season so far:

Australia - Lost win due to strategy blunder
    Bahrain - DNS (PU failure)
    China - Collision with Kvyat
    Russia - Taken out by Kvyat
    Spain - Another strategy blunder, should've won the race
    Monaco - Stuck behind traffic, okay race
    Canada - Couple of mistakes plus strategy blunder, podium
    Baku - Podium
    Austria - Tyre failure
    UK - Gearbox penalty
    Hungary - Nothing special
    Germany - Horrible performance
    Belgium - First lap collision, dead last after lap 1, recovered to P6, showed some good pace.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 29th August 2016 at 20:29.

My point is that he started from eleventh and won, regardless of what happened to those in front of him. No one can deny that with Alonso, we always felt like we at least had a shot at a win, except in 2014, when the car was terrible.
    For one thing we didn't always have a shot at the win. We certainly didn't have a shot at the win in the second half of 2013, or at any point in 2014.

When we did have a shot at the win with Alonso it was because the car was competitive. The gap between Mercedes and the rest of the field for the last few years has been vastly greater than the gap between Red Bull and us while Alonso was here. You're fooling yourself if you think Alonso would be winning races in this years Ferrari.

For one thing we didn't always have a shot at the win. We certainly didn't have a shot at the win in the second half of 2013, or at any point in 2014.

When we did have a shot at the win with Alonso it was because the car was competitive. The gap between Mercedes and the rest of the field for the last few years has been vastly greater than the gap between Red Bull and us while Alonso was here. You're fooling yourself if you think Alonso would be winning races in this years Ferrari.
    I never said we always had a shot at a win. I said that we always felt like we had a shot at a win with Alonso behind the wheel. I'm a Massa fan, but I can't say the same about him. Also, where did I say Alonso would be winning races in this year's Ferrari?

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Vettel's season so far:

Australia - Lost win due to strategy blunder
    Bahrain - DNS (PU failure)
    China - Collision with Kvyat
    Russia - Taken out by Kvyat
    Spain - Another strategy blunder, should've won the race
    Monaco - Stuck behind traffic, okay race
    Canada - Couple of mistakes plus strategy blunder, podium
    Baku - Podium
    Austria - Tyre failure
    UK - Gearbox penalty
    Hungary - Nothing special
    Germany - Horrible performance
    Belgium - First lap collision, dead last after lap 1, recovered to P6, showed some good pace.
    Thanks for the summary!

Disappointed Since 2010

What I find interesting is that Sebs been taken out by....tadaa....red bull drivers.
    Now ric is ahead of vet in points. Sure seems like a dark plan by rb to take Ferrari drivers out.
    The no2 rb paves the way and ric gets the points......just sayen...

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    What I find interesting is that Sebs been taken out by....tadaa....red bull drivers.
    Now ric is ahead of vet in points. Sure seems like a dark plan by rb to take Ferrari drivers out.
    The no2 rb paves the way and ric gets the points......just sayen...
    I'm getting to the point where I'm almost ready to believe such a theory! I think it's less sinister in reality, but the end result is the same. Their managers, Horner & Marko, for sure favour aggressive drivers & promote this culture in the team, we just happen to be their closest competitor at the moment.
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio