Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Sainz #55

Personally I don't care which driver is at the wheel, as long as it's a Ferrari who wins. But in reality there is a difference between Leclerc and Sainz , although it is small. But nonetheless , there is a difference, and it's a very important one: as a driver, Leclerc is able to take the challenge to Verstappen and Sainz is not.
    So, if Ferrari ever succeeds in bringing a car that can compete with the Red Bull for a full season, we need Leclerc at the wheel of the nr1 car and Sainz to support. In my opinion, it's the only way to defeat Max.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Personally I don't care which driver is at the wheel, as long as it's a Ferrari who wins. But in reality there is a difference between Leclerc and Sainz , although it is small. But nonetheless , there is a difference, and it's a very important one: as a driver, Leclerc is able to take the challenge to Verstappen and Sainz is not.
    So, if Ferrari ever succeeds in bringing a car that can compete with the Red Bull for a full season, we need Leclerc at the wheel of the nr1 car and Sainz to support. In my opinion, it's the only way to defeat Max.
    Agreed._
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Agreed again.

It should depend on which driver is where and doing what during each race. No premeditated #1,#2 before the start. Move over let him pass are killer words for either driver to get. The salaries are already determined. Whats left is getting those big points without being held back do to any politics or favoritism. Our drivers are equal enough to be let drive for the podium , no let him pass!!!

i disagree, the car is still not competitive enough. you'll know when the car is competitive when Sainz starts beating Verstappen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i disagree, the car is still not competitive enough. you'll know when the car is competitive when Sainz starts beating Verstappen as well.
    I already said the car is not competitive. I said Leclerc needs a competitive car to take the challenge to Max. Sainz needs a faster car, because in a car that is competitive, he can't challenge Max. We already saw that in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    It should depend on which driver is where and doing what during each race. No premeditated #1,#2 before the start. Move over let him pass are killer words for either driver to get. The salaries are already determined. Whats left is getting those big points without being held back do to any politics or favoritism. Our drivers are equal enough to be let drive for the podium , no let him pass!!!
    In a way we agree, but it's not the way to beat Max. And that's what we want.

Ferrari had a clear #1 and won 5 titles with Schumacher.
    RedBull had a clear #1 and won 4 titles with Vettel
    Mercedes had a clear #1 and won 6 titles with Ham
    RedBull has a clear #1 and is about to win its second consecutive title with Verstappen.

Naming and backing a #1 works, it has always worked and is the only way to secure championships. There is always a stronger driver in each team and he needs to be backed and prioritized no matter what.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 8th September 2022 at 00:44.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Naming and backing a #1 works as long as the picked #1 is the stronger driver during the current race. No driver wants to know he has to move over even if he's in the #1 spot to finish a race. Just ask Rubens!

Naming and backing a #1 works as long as the picked #1 is the stronger driver during the current race. No driver wants to know he has to move over even if he's in the #1 spot to finish a race. Just ask Rubens!
    And!!! Imagine if Charles at the time didn't drive as #1 against Seb!!

I already said the car is not competitive. I said Leclerc needs a competitive car to take the challenge to Max. Sainz needs a faster car, because in a car that is competitive, he can't challenge Max. We already saw that in the past.
    actually in Torro Rosso we did see Sainz take the fight to Max.

Resist the Sky F1 hype.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    RedBull has a clear #1 and is about to win its second consecutive title with Verstappen.

Naming and backing a #1 works, it has always worked and is the only way to secure championships. There is always a stronger driver in each team and he needs to be backed and prioritized no matter what.
    i agree, but when Ferrari does that the Brit teams and Sky F1 have a hissy fit.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

From a percentage to wins in a season, given the last 22 years, Schumacher comes out on top in 2004 with a 72.72% of winning.

Lewis doesn't even come close during his turbo-hybrid reign.....the closest Lewis got was I believe 65%.

IF Max wins the remaining races for 2022, he could beat Schumachers percentage by a fraction.........again, Max has to win the remaining races for 2022.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    From a percentage to wins in a season, given the last 22 years, Schumacher comes out on top in 2004 with a 72.72% of winning.

Lewis doesn't even come close during his turbo-hybrid reign.....the closest Lewis got was I believe 65%.

IF Max wins the remaining races for 2022, he could beat Schumachers percentage by a fraction.........again, Max has to win the remaining races for 2022.
    The only hope for Max will be if Perez does a Rubens to help his team mate. It looks like they have the car to do it.

True. But it's not the way to win championships. And that's what we want. Nobody said it is fair, but if we want to win next year, Leclerc needs 100% support, every single race. That's what RBR does with Max.

True. But it's not the way to win championships. And that's what we want. Nobody said it is fair, but if we want to win next year, Leclerc needs 100% support, every single race. That's what RBR does with Max.
    Agreed.

True. If Charles is ahead of Carlos . If Carlos is the guy up front; Charles should block for him to stay up front. Remember Ferrari needs Santana happy!!!

https://youtu.be/ke1XseFyBw0

lets remember that amazing performance

Carlos needs to change his family heritage info to Germany, that will at least get him a fair shot at the track each race!!!

Carlos is for sure right up there with any driver you name. And maybe better. A top reliable car for sure would help!!
    Being Spanish never stood in Alonso's way.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Being Spanish never stood in Alonso's way.
    Very true indeed! 2023 seem ready for equal treatment with Santander behind Ferrari.

Carlos needs to change his family heritage info to Germany, that will at least get him a fair shot at the track each race!!!
    spanish people in general better than any other europeans when it comes to sport

It shouldn't. Leclerc is the faster driver, we do not have unlimited resources. In a situation like in Silverstone, you go for Charles. No excuses. Carlos would still be winless without the farce of Silverstone. He doesn't have the ultimate pace that is needed. I really don't understand what some see in him, he is no Alonso unfortunately.

Helmut Marko confirmed that they used the weight reduction to make changes according to Max's preferences. We have to do the same, otherwise we won't be able to compete.

The team needs to maximise [no pun intended] their potential at every race. if that means team orders so be it.

Forza Jules

The team needs to maximise [no pun intended] their potential at every race. if that means team orders so be it.
    I agree 100%! At every race team orders should be determined as to who needs to move over . The WCC is the big deal! Points wise.

Team principals have placed Carlos in 7th place of fastest drivers in 2022. Norris in 6h place
    Last edited by racingbradley; 31st December 2022 at 09:53.

Forza Jules

Team principals have placed Carlos in 7th place of fastest drivers in 2022. Norris in 6h place
    And they rated Leclerc in 2nd place and Russel in 3rd above Hamilton.

The team principals do know their stuff he.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    The team principals do know their stuff he.
    They put Max 1st and Charles 2nd

Forza Jules

[QUOTE=JPZ;1074265]And they rated Leclerc in 2nd place and Russel in 3rd above Hamilton.[/QU

When a driver finishes 1st as is the case with Max , formerly Sr Lewis; it was " The Car!" Carlos in no way is just 7th best! It was his car. If the shoe fits; wear it!