View Poll Results: Charles Leclerc score points in 3/4 races . Can he earn a Ferrrari seat in 2019?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely yes

49 45.37%
  • Maybe yes

35 32.41%
  • Maybe no

11 10.19%
  • Definitely no

13 12.04%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Charles Leclerc chances for Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No they really don't.
    Yes, they really do. Otherwise, Kimi is just fine there until Vettel leaves.

He was not robbed in Monaco lol Seb was quicker than him funnily enough. But if you believe what you say then why would Riccardo come to Ferrari if this is what happens to him lol
    you're absolutely right.....I guess he would'nt because Redbull paid it back in full for 2018.

Mercedes found their perfect Kimi. It's just that theirs is a little bit faster and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Why are they proposing a 2019 front wing change?????? with less aero elements???
    For overtaking. ...!! Mercs & RB were opposing it, even Ferrari had a concern. But they did vote in favour of the reg change.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    For overtaking. ...!! Mercs & RB were opposing it, even Ferrari had a concern. But they did vote in favour of the reg change.
    Yeah, the front wings are so complex nowadays that it creates too much dirty air behind the car, so in essence the car that follows behind is having so much turbulent air to go through, HENCE why there is hardly any passing

So with a much simpler front wing along with modified rear wing as well, they’re hoping that cars will be following ea h other much closely and improve overtaking......because even with lengthened DRS this year we hardly saw any overtakes
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Yes, they really do. Otherwise, Kimi is just fine there until Vettel leaves.
    Which goes against what you said we need LOL...

A driver that is pretty much on Vettels talent and consistency level, but willing to finish behind him every single time.
    Does not describe Kimi....
    Forza Ferrari

Well, except for the part after "but", apparently.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Which goes against what you said we need LOL...

Which is why it's impossible at best....do you even comprehend the words daunting and unfathomable????

WOW, you figured that all on your own!!!! Congrats....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Mercedes found their perfect Kimi. It's just that theirs is a little bit faster and consistent.
    Dont mean to put a dent in what you said but Bottas is treated better by Mercs than Kimi by Ferrari. Maybe he is more involved at the team at this stage in their careers

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Dont mean to put a dent in what you said but Bottas is treated better by Mercs than Kimi by Ferrari. Maybe he is more involved at the team at this stage in their careers
    Don’t get me wrong, kindly.
    From what I remember, kimi never had race pace to challenge anyone. Nor does he overtakes top4 or top5 drivers.
    So Ferrari gambles with him, because he’s not a threat to top3 positions. He himself to blame here not Ferrari.
    Did u forget kimi won WDC because of Ferrari gave orders to massa. ??? So team had did a lot to him, he too returned the favour a lot interms of sacrificing couple of positions (not top3).

In past couple of years, I mean when car was strong I didn’t see kimi overtaking DR,Mad max, Ham, Bottas (he did once).

Which is why it's impossible at best....do you even comprehend the words daunting and unfathomable????

WOW, you figured that all on your own!!!! Congrats....LOL
    It's not impossible, I really am struggling to follow your points tho as they seem to change from post to post.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Bottas is used by Merc in the same way Kimi is if needed, which comes from both of them in general being slower than the lead drivers.
    Forza Ferrari

Don’t get me wrong, kindly.
    From what I remember, kimi never had race pace to challenge anyone. Nor does he overtakes top4 or top5 drivers.
    So Ferrari gambles with him, because he’s not a threat to top3 positions. He himself to blame here not Ferrari.
    Did u forget kimi won WDC because of Ferrari gave orders to massa. ??? So team had did a lot to him, he too returned the favour a lot interms of sacrificing couple of positions (not top3).

In past couple of years, I mean when car was strong I didn’t see kimi overtaking DR,Mad max, Ham, Bottas (he did once).
    2 years ago it was his qualyfying, not the race pace which wasn't strong, now it looks like race pace isnt up to par. Please dont compare nowadays Kimi to 2000's Kimi, he was very quick back then, especially in the McLaren
    Last edited by IulianFerrari; 15th June 2018 at 22:04.

If Leclerc keeps same level in his driving as it is now to the end of season, then I am not against that he takes Kimi`s seat.
    Very mature driving from so young guy.

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    If Leclerc keeps same level in his driving as it is now to the end of season, then I am not against that he takes Kimi`s seat.
    Very mature driving from so young guy.
    +1... thing is he has good 1Lap pace & race pace. That’s a rare combo.
    If he improves his race pace much more & maintain the same consistency level then it’s matter of time to knock the door’s of Ferrari.

+1... thing is he has good 1Lap pace & race pace. That’s a rare combo.
    If he improves his race pace much more & maintain the same consistency level then it’s matter of time to knock the door’s of Ferrari.
    Or Ferrari knock on his door before he goes elsewhere. Then who demands what in the contract? The first words will be, who's #1 driver ? Second will be , how much $$ are you willing to pay for the seat? Third, are you good with colors?

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Or Ferrari knock on his door before he goes elsewhere. Then who demands what in the contract? The first words will be, who's #1 driver ? Second will be , how much $$ are you willing to pay for the seat? Third, are you good with colors?
    For the first part, if he goes elsewhere Ferrari does have options.
    If Leclerc comes into the team, it would be the same harmony in the team as was with kimi & seb. Why would Leclerc demand no.1 who’s not yet proved in Ferrari car. Regarding pay, I think it would less compared to kimi.
    So all in all it benefits in future prospective & pay.

Kimi's race pace and quali flops cost ferrari and seb every race, he could even be fighting seb,bot,ham in the points but he is nowhere race day. hasn't made a place on first lap in a year or something. Even before the dnfs kimi was not fighting for the win. super fresh tyres on Kimi in canada couldn't do anything to hamilton, kimi had some fresh PU parts and some old ones and Ham was on 7th race engine but still everyone ahead left him in the dust. Hope they give him an ultimatum to perform or take leclerc in the seat and i doubt he'd be worse than a p6 driver like Kimi is at this point, even keep kimi within the team as a tester or adviser or anything like that since he is loyal
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Leclerc or Ricciardo for next year, we need to stop with this stay in the comfort zone thing when it comes to our second driver. We need a powerful second driver even at the cost of battling it out with the first driver.

Mad respect for Kimi, 2007 WDC and all that, but after his Lotus stint, he is just not the same and should commit more time to his family and other hobbies like rallying and snow moto ski doo racing or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Leclerc or Ricciardo for next year, we need to stop with this stay in the comfort zone thing when it comes to our second driver. We need a powerful second driver even at the cost of battling it out with the first driver.

Mad respect for Kimi, 2007 WDC and all that, but after his Lotus stint, he is just not the same and should commit more time to his family and other hobbies like rallying and snow moto ski doo racing or whatever.
    Well said, but I'd still be worried about Seb's behaviour with a competitive and hungry Danny Ric in the team, Charles might keep the team on a more even keel, unless he beats Seb!!

Why would Leclerc demand no.1 who’s not yet proved in Ferrari car..
    Exactly. Based on everything we know about him and his demeanor, I highly doubt he will be looking to take over the team.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Exactly. Based on everything we know about him and his demeanor, I highly doubt he will be looking to take over the team.
    Not take over the team like Seb as of now, but he clearly is on top of his driving big time . Why? To win races and WDC ! That's just not allowed @ Ferrari . The first close 1 = 2, race; if he was with Ferrari and had to move over would be a killer! Who knows if Leclerc would even listen? I agree he has a calm demeanor; but what driver wants F-Pirelli fans in general to not think about say Leclerc during a race knowing he will be in the points for sure ; but not a winner even if he should be , he's the #2 guy. I still believe up front is where it's at but checking out Max during the race is great .

Q: (Frederic Ferret – L’Equipe) Question to Lewis and Seb. What are your thoughts on Charles’ qualification today?

SV: He was eighth? So… I saw only on the screen that Fréd Vasseur was pretty happy, so I thought one of his drivers did well in Q2. I didn’t see in Q3 but obviously eighth is an impressive result. I think they are still quite a long way behind with the car so I think for him, he’s doing the job. It’s good for him and good for Sauber as well, to be up there. And hopefully for them they have some chance to score points tomorrow.

Q: Lewis, you’ve praised Charles before. Your impressions of 8th place?

LH: Yeah, I just saw before I went out that he was… I think he was in the top ten going into Q3, I think. So… which was very, very impressive to see. Particularly with the all the pressures you could see. There’s a lot of pressure for him, being here in the South of France, so yeah, really, really good. Really happy for him – particularly in that car, which is… yeah, he’s doing a great job with what he has and probably delivering more, which is what you would hope from a good driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Need4speed View Post
    yep, he was impressive. To put that car in P8 is quite the feat. His talents are best deserved as a #1 driver.....not playing #2 IMO. He's hungry and needs to remain that way. Playing #2 and adhereing to the teams #1 will diminish his fervor.

yep, he was impressive. To put that car in P8 is quite the feat. His talents are best deserved as a #1 driver.....not playing #2 IMO. He's hungry and needs to remain that way. Playing #2 and adhereing to the teams #1 will diminish his fervor.
    Just as well he is not no2 or being signed as a no2 then ain't it.....
    Forza Ferrari

Just as well he is not no2 or being signed as a no2 then ain't it.....

currently......of course!!!

currently......of course!!!
    Won't be next year either when he replaces Kimi.....
    Forza Ferrari

FerrariSteve Guest
    Forget 2019, do a Ferrari-Sauber swap from Austria onwards, Kimi out, Charles in.

I think what we are witnessing with Alfa-Sauber and LeClerc are the beginnings of Ferrari's long term strategy with it's B team. LeClerc is getting familiar with the car, engineers, aerodynamacists, pit crew and personnel. Alfa-Sauber (Ferrari) will bring in new talent, engineers, aero, and personnel as others advance upward to the A team. Some will move up the F1 ladder faster than others but the main goal to all this is two fold: 1.) Alfa-Sauber moves up to a mid-pack team behind MB, Ferrari, & RB. 2.) This puts less pressure on LeClerc as he including his team advance up the grid as the seasons goes INSTEAD of dropping LeClerc right behind Vettel.

Once LeClerc "graduates" into THE Ferrari seat, Ferrari along with Alfa-Sauber will promote a young driver (best performer of course) behind LeClerc and not someone towards their end of their career.

I think most of us will agree the kid has talent. Question is, is he ready for Ferrari right now or next year??