Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223

Thread: Monaco GP free practice & qualifying thread

Another doom scenario would obviously beoru cars get tangled up at the start. Seb was very dissapointed yesterday, He has had some better starts then Kimi if he gets a good launch I think he goes for it at the start an dhopes Kimi backs off, which would leave him vulnerable to BOT.
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

what if Kimi is faster than Seb on this track? Seb is a 4xWDC but only won once in Monaco. Compare that to Senna or MS who won 5 or 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    what if Kimi is faster than Seb on this track? Seb is a 4xWDC but only won once in Monaco. Compare that to Senna or MS who won 5 or 6 times.
    That would make the it a lot easier for the pit wall..
    “The Ferrari is a dream - people dream of owning this special vehicle and for most people it will remain a dream apart from for those lucky few.” ~ Enzo Ferrari

We all wanted a strong Kimi, we got it and now it seems we are concerned about what it would do to Seb's chances!

I'd be happy if Kimi won, it may not be great for Seb but it would be good for the sport.

Ted mentioned that Kimi doesn't have the same start technology as Seb. However, when he talked to Kimi about it he said it doesn't make much difference.

I hope for really boring race :) Forza Ferrari
    Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Let's hope we won't get screwed by safety cars again.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Let's hope we won't get screwed by safety cars again.
    Well, SC is inevitable here so we just gotta be smart with strategy.

yeah, I guess with 'drivers' like stroll and crashjean on track a SC is almost unavoidable.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezz View Post
    I hope for really boring race :) Forza Ferrari
    I also hope to see a boring race :)

Last year Kimi crashed and we pitted Seb for inters, which weree faster at the time but therefore he got stuck behind Felipe and lost postitions.
    Let's hope for a better race.
    I hope Kimi stays on fire, then he'll deliver. And I hope Seb will stay relaxed and think the long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristof_F40 View Post
    Last year Kimi crashed and we pitted Seb for inters, which weree faster at the time but therefore he got stuck behind Felipe and lost postitions.
    Let's hope for a better race.
    I hope Kimi stays on fire, then he'll deliver. And I hope Seb will stay relaxed and think the long way.
    If you see the graph from past or early races of this season. Kimi comes live in the 2nd part of the race. 1st stint he seems to be sleeping.
    If SC is out, restart too a problem for him. He doesn't seem to get on with it. Where as seb it's just quite opposite. He will be aggressive, strategy calls too were perfect except last race.

In my view it all depends on start. But for sure vet will try to take that 1st place in a cautious way at start. If he doesn't he just stay right behind Kimi. When pit window is open. He will concentrate on outlap n inlap to get ahead Kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If you see the graph from past or early races of this season. Kimi comes live in the 2nd part of the race. 1st stint he seems to be sleeping.
    If SC is out, restart too a problem for him. He doesn't seem to get on with it. Where as seb it's just quite opposite. He will be aggressive, strategy calls too were perfect except last race.

In my view it all depends on start. But for sure vet will try to take that 1st place in a cautious way at start. If he doesn't he just stay right behind Kimi. When pit window is open. He will concentrate on outlap n inlap to get ahead Kimi.
    Indeed.
    Biggest "problem" will be if there is an "early" SC and we need to decide if we pit or not and with which driver. Also if we can't get a big enough gap to BOT, BOT can do the undercut on atleast one of our drivers. We can't give up the win so that could mean position lost for Seb and points in WDC.
    I really hope Kimi keeps driving like yesterday and wins it, and I hope Seb gets P2 and Lewis does't make up to many places. However I think top 6 will be "easy" for Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by icedeepan View Post
    We all wanted a strong Kimi, we got it and now it seems we are concerned about what it would do to Seb's chances!
    I agree 100% and this behaviour has got to stop. If you can't support both drivers then you don't support the team.....period.

Quote Originally Posted by superwonderboy View Post
    I agree 100% and this behaviour has got to stop. If you can't support both drivers then you don't support the team.....period.
    If you don't want the best for the team then you don't support the team....period

If Kimi was closer in the points then sure no problem, if Kimi was certain to carry on this sort of form then fine but that's a bit of a lottery. We need to maximise our points to win both titles as that is best for the team, maybe not the drivers.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by superwonderboy View Post
    so if Ferrari supports Seb for the WDC push then they don't support the team?

F1 is a team sport, the team would then do whatever it is needed that they think would be best for the team. It may not be good for F1 in general but it may be the best option for the team..

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    If you don't want the best for the team then you don't support the team....period

If Kimi was closer in the points then sure no problem, if Kimi was certain to carry on this sort of form then fine but that's a bit of a lottery. We need to maximise our points to win both titles as that is best for the team, maybe not the drivers.
    I agree, if it's best way for team then no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    so if Ferrari supports Seb for the WDC push then they don't support the team?

F1 is a team sport, the team would then do whatever it is needed that they think would be best for the team. It may not be good for F1 in general but it may be the best option for the team..
    I'm sure if Ferrari feel that Kimi was slowing Seb down in the race or feel a 1 -2 is in jeopardy, then they would do what is needed and Kimi would totally understand. But thats not how you would assume the race to pan out even before the race has started and with only a quarter of the season gone. Kimi did an epic qualifying lap, is out in front on merit and deserves to win the race as long as he doesnt impact Seb's p2 position in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Happy with how the day went for us. Tomorrow everything is possible. What I really think will happen tomorrow is after first corner it will be Kimi leading and Seb second, Bottas will be third. US will hold our for at least 25-30 laps and then Ferrari will pit Kimi first and put him right in the traffic, Seb will stay out and push like a hell for many more laps and will then pit and join in first position. But of course this is just my speculation, I can be wrong of course.
    Forza Ferrari, Seb,Kimi.
    I am suprised that I managed to predict the future. Great day in the office for Ferrari. You wont believe me but I was nearly crying when I saw a 1-2 for Ferrari with Seb winning it and Kimi coming in second place. It is a fantastic day, but already now we have to look at the next GP in Canada, which is a Vettel track, he is always very quick there, but dont forget Lewis, he is also a monster there.

I am suprised that I managed to predict the future. Great day in the office for Ferrari. You wont believe me but I was nearly crying when I saw a 1-2 for Ferrari with Seb winning it and Kimi coming in second place. It is a fantastic day, but already now we have to look at the next GP in Canada, which is a Vettel track, he is always very quick there, but dont forget Lewis, he is also a monster there.
    well predicted.

Go KIMI, GO Lewis

Except for the part where Ferrari release Kimi into traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Not my team View Post
    GO Lewis

Are you mad????

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Are you mad????
    Just an idiot (& likely banned for life)!
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post
    Already banned

Quote Originally Posted by abbottcostello View Post

Please tell me this is not what to expect from Max's fan base...