Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Race

Pretty interesting that the media complained massively about Ferrari's dominance in the early 2000's, but no one seems concerned about Mercedes' dominance now....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    don't even want to think about monaco, it will be a BLOOD BATH for Ferrari
    Our fight will be with Torro Rosso for 3rd fastest team. Even McLaren might have a shot.

Another thing that bothered me is that we decided NOT to built a mule car for 18in tires for Pirelli!!!!! But quest what??? Mercedes WILL !!!!! So if we once again have problems in '21 with tire management, we dont have to think hard for what went wrong!!!!

Bring back Ross Brawn! Whatever the cost it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Another thing that bothered me is that we decided NOT to built a mule car for 18in tires for Pirelli!!!!! But quest what??? Mercedes WILL !!!!! So if we once again have problems in '21 with tire management, we dont have to think hard for what went wrong!!!!
    Remember when Mercedes were the ones with heavy tire management issues? I do and it wasn't that long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yes we did. We brought a 3rd car for testing.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Pretty interesting that the media complained massively about Ferrari's dominance in the early 2000's, but no one seems concerned about Mercedes' dominance now....
    Exactly.

Practically NONE of the other teams could show any kind of competitiveness against Merc.
    Where are all the teams? This is the real question. Why there is that kind of never seen dominance?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yes we did. We brought a 3rd car for testing.
    If you mean this week's test,yes we brought a 2nd(not 3d) car for tire testing alone,BUT this is general testing. For 18in tires Pirelli asked teams to build mule cars to test 18in tires and to that we said NO. Maybe we built in '20.
    "We have been offered, and it has been our own choice not to participate, being short on time and resources for the programme," said Binotto.

"So as Ferrari we decided simply not to take part in this test in '19, but we are preparing ourselves to do it in 2020. I'm pretty sure that we will have the opportunity to do it.
    It looks like we dont have any resources left ,since we spend them for devolve this year's car. We brought a hole new rear wing ,and a cut on the engine cover!!!! THIS need millions !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I wonder how the car would be if they took the late season 2018 car and put the 2019 engine in it...

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    I wonder how the car would be if they took the late season 2018 car and put the 2019 engine in it...
    Why people forget last years second awful half ?? :)

Except defeat Ferrari fans this year is over before it even started .Ferrari is only strong in name in f1 but nolonger in performance Ferrari are lost.Mercedes will rewrite the record books with ease so aching Ferrari fans sit back and watch a mercedes master class show even if it hurts admire and suck it up that's what a true sporting person does.Mr Binnotto your days are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Except defeat Ferrari fans this year is over before it even started .Ferrari is only strong in name in f1 but nolonger in performance Ferrari are lost.Mercedes will rewrite the record books with ease so aching Ferrari fans sit back and watch a mercedes master class show even if it hurts admire and suck it up that's what a true sporting person does.Mr Binnotto your days are numbered.
    Ross Brawn say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Why people forget last years second awful half ?? :)
    The chassis wasn't bad and even Raikkonen won a race.

Disappointed Since 2010

I've wondered about this myself.

Disappointed Since 2010

The chassis wasn't bad and even Raikkonen won a race.
    yeah, barely.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

So this is going to be a long and boring season. We’re a long way off and we’re slipping further away each race. Our concept doesn’t work and changing the concept will take time and even then it probably won’t work as well. I’m not sure why they thought that a car just needs to be fast in a straight line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've wondered about this myself.
    The difference is Merc lets 2 drivers race so the fans and the news folks aren't sure who's on first, and their actually watching drivers race to beat one another. In the early 2000s when Todt and Brawn worked for Schumy; there was no team mate driver racing, just Shumy in a Ferrari. He even owned the T car! Today by the way was the anniversary of Austria 2002. Today was a classic example of Ferrari at work. Charles had to practically beg the team bosses to let him race. Bottas for sure is no Rubens @ Merc!!

Captain obvious Binnotto makes another intelligent statement .Ferrari loosing to much time in the corners well knuckle head you designed the car and it's barely exceptible in a strait line .There is no where to hide Binnotto and stop stating the obvious it's becoming tiresome.

Ferrari's bosses and throw in Seb are to busy counting $$ their F-1 windfall money . That seems to be there win or lose at the track. We Ferrari fans only have the races to make us happy with our F-1 sport and favorite team. It's supposed to be Ferrari not Merc ruling F-1 !!! Cut everyone's pay until further notice !! A win equals a bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    I seriously can't believe people believing this . It was Renault/RBR that pushed for the V6 engine, not Mercedes. Ferrari supporters give our team nothing but a bad name. Please stop this
    you wouldn't be a Mercedes fan on a Ferrari forum by any chance?

that has been something been thinking aswell. Almost thats been brushed aside. And if bring the idea up that this Merc domination is boring and hurting F1 you get frowned upon.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Dont know why, but watch the race now. Recorded it as was out all day on bike, plus watched the ELMs when got home. WOW that was a really good race.

Only watching the race really because my friend Laura ad Davide is now working for the Ferrari PR team.

Painful to watch
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Binnotto says on Ferrari news 24 that the design concept of the Ferrari could be wrong if this is the case he laments and said this would be a disaster more analysing required before we go down this road . Speed trap Ferrari were fast corners is where the design concept is failing seems the sf 90 is only 50% completed a real shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Fortuna View Post
    I seriously can't believe people believing this . It was Renault/RBR that pushed for the V6 engine, not Mercedes. Ferrari supporters give our team nothing but a bad name. Please stop this
    Renault did not want V6..

the plan was to introduce in 2013 four-cylinder engines with a maximum rev limit of 12,000, fitted with extensive hybrid technology. But only Renault of F1's current engine manufacturers were fully behind the rules and a period of negotiations began.

The switch to V6s was partly at the behest of Ferrari, who objected to the restriction to four cylinders. The sport's longest-serving and most powerful team had objected because the restriction had no relevance to any of their road cars.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Binnotto says on Ferrari news 24 that the design concept of the Ferrari could be wrong if this is the case he laments and said this would be a disaster more analysing required before we go down this road . Speed trap Ferrari were fast corners is where the design concept is failing seems the sf 90 is only 50% completed a real shocker.
    Ιts not bother me so much that they took the wrong path (wrong desing) because I accept that under those new regulations with the front wing, they try something different that didnt work. What makes me mad is that it took them 4 months and 5 races to realize it !!!!
    And remember at tests, where nobody really know what was the best option, Toto had said that they are looking to our concept and if they find that it is better ,they will have a solution a up till Spain!!!! AND we arrive in Spain to figure out that it might be wrong!!! That's the difference between a championship winning team and .............!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Really makes you wonder what’s going on behind closed doors in the F1 world. Literally not 1 team is making any noise about the current situation. We know Ferrari has been to weak to say anything, but not even Marko or Mateschitz...how can they be content with this? And by content I mean spending 300-400+ Million to lose and know nothing can be done to win.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 13th May 2019 at 12:46.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Really makes you wonder what’s going on behind closed doors in the F1 world. Literally not 1 team is making any noise about the current situation. We know Ferrari has been to weak to say anything, but not even Marko or Mateschitz...how can they be content with this? And by content I mean spending 300-400+ Million to lose and know nothing can be done to win.
    if you observe clearly, when there is Ferrari dominance over merc in a race or two etc... there will be lot of noise around the corner in paddock.
    These noises would come from RB especially MR.RB & Doctor. From mercs it will be ex-Ferrari employees.

which FIA will react immediately & keep a check on Ferrari stuff.

When there's mercs dominace & Ferrari struggling, RB will shut their mouth. Becoz it gives them to atleast attack Ferrari in the standings.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The difference is Merc lets 2 drivers race so the fans and the news folks aren't sure who's on first, and their actually watching drivers race to beat one another. In the early 2000s when Todt and Brawn worked for Schumy; there was no team mate driver racing, just Shumy in a Ferrari. He even owned the T car! Today by the way was the anniversary of Austria 2002. Today was a classic example of Ferrari at work. Charles had to practically beg the team bosses to let him race. Bottas for sure is no Rubens @ Merc!!
    That is actually worse for Lewis. With as it is, with Merc 1-2s, bottas will keep in touch and it’ll come down to the first corner.
    If Merc was fighting Ferrari, Merc would start favouring one driver over the other to maximise points.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

When there's mercs dominace & Ferrari struggling, RB will shut their mouth. Becoz it gives them to atleast attack Ferrari in the standings.
    Max, for 2019, is driving with maturity.....for the moment.

Gasly is no where near Max. If he was, then RedBull would be up there in points with Ferrari.

Max is picking up the pieces or seeing opportunities from Ferrari's "performance" to include the pit wall as well. Ferrari should be ahead of Max, at least Leclerc but they are'nt after the SpanishGP.

Renault the new Honda?? Current component allocation after the SpanishGP.

Renault getting outperformed by its "B" team. DR & Hulk vs Sainz & Norris (rookie)....

Cyril "Whattafool" is looking to get axed.

Totally understand why Horner threw Renault under-the-bus in 2015 & 2016 even though Renault was RedBulls "saving grace."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6bOhJ1W0AAlS0e.png