Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Austrian GP 2017 - Race

I don't know, look at Ham's performance in Monaco for example, it may seem strange but I believe he may have peaked as a driver already, and the decline is in its very early stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I don't know, look at Ham's performance in Monaco for example, it may seem strange but I believe he may have peaked as a driver already, and the decline is in its very early stages.
    If ham doesn't win WDC this year. I see him loosing interest in the mercs team gradually. Although he will race for them next year too. But beyond that I doubt it.
    He may take retirement.

Possible, he seems to give up pretty easy as well, lot's of his radio is just him moaning about everything.
    Forza Ferrari

When is next race I mean Silverstone GP??

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Possible, he seems to give up pretty easy as well, lot's of his radio is just him moaning about everything.
    This year we are seeing him asking for alot of help

do you think he could actually win the title? I have the feeling Ham is not quite 100% this year, there's just a little something missing.
    If it was'nt for Spain, Bottas would be right there with Lewis in pts.

I found Lewis to come up with "excuses" about his car the last 2 years compared to the last prior 2yrs.....maybe because now he has competition regarding his team-mates??

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    When is next race I mean Silverstone GP??
    this weekend coming up

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    this weekend coming up
    Ohhhhhh good so back to back races.

We need to start finishing ahead of Bottas as well soon
    To the point!

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post

Bottas jumped the start, and should have been given a 5 or 10 second penalty. It is impossible for a human being's brain to react to a light and put thought into action to get the car moving. Then there is time to mechanically release the clutch and push the throttle and have the car move forward. His tires were moving the instant the lights went out. So either Bottas and his Mercedes has the reaction of the speed of light, or he jumped the start.

Last week's penalty on Vettel was to keep the race close between him and Ham due to Lewis' headrest issue, and I believe that the lack of penalty on Bottas was for the same reason. Regardless if its Pro Ferrari or Pro Mercedes, it seems the FIA is manipulating the races and the championship with unclear penalty decisions.

maybe he isn't human and we should call him Robottas.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Bottas jumped the start, and should have been given a 5 or 10 second penalty. It is impossible for a human being's brain to react to a light and put thought into action to get the car moving. Then there is time to mechanically release the clutch and push the throttle and have the car move forward. His tires were moving the instant the lights went out. So either Bottas and his Mercedes has the reaction of the speed of light, or he jumped the start.

Last week's penalty on Vettel was to keep the race close between him and Ham due to Lewis' headrest issue, and I believe that the lack of penalty on Bottas was for the same reason. Regardless if its Pro Ferrari or Pro Mercedes, it seems the FIA is manipulating the races and the championship with unclear penalty decisions.
    Precisely, at this point in time FIA can get away with murder. I know they are in a tough situation, juggling economics, politics and a sense of justice and fairness. Obviously they are doing a good job at times and failing other times as in today's jump start call.

Luck has been on mercs side this season till now.
    Vet would have won 2 more races (China unless SC, other race where bottas blocked him for ham) or 3 races (Baku clash).
    Bottas could have 2DNFS but went on to score 2nd positions on both occasions)

The Ferrari engine will be upgraded with 15 hp more in Silverstone, how do this translate in speed? Will it be enough to pass mercedes?

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    The Ferrari engine will be upgraded with 15 hp more in Silverstone, how do this translate in speed? Will it be enough to pass mercedes?
    Only mercs n Ferrari knows it. That too in Silverstone.
    That 15hp is during quali boost as per Amus F1 article.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Only mercs n Ferrari knows it. That too in Silverstone.
    That 15hp is during quali boost as per Amus F1 article.
    i also heard that Mercedes will bring an power unit update as well to silverstone.....so we'll see which one will be better
    Ferrari has to CATCH up in that dept. as the merc engine is already better, and if they are bringing engine update to this race......WELL...we'll see how the Ferrari will stack up against the mighty Mercedes force
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Maurizio Arrivabene: “It was a very close race, which, once again showed that Ferrari is on the pace. Sebastian was able to fight for the win right to the very last corner, having produced a great drive. It was a shame for Kimi, who already on the opening lap, ran wide at turn 3 while fighting with Ricciardo. If not for that, with the car he had today, he too could have had a good race. The next race at Silverstone is just a few days away and as usual, we will be working flat out to prepare for it.”

Sebastian Vettel: “Today I struggled in the first stint with the first set of tires, the Ultrasofts. I think they were just getting too hot. Then the clouds came in and the balance of the car improved. That’s why I think we were starting to get quicker. It was a shame that we couldn’t win, because we were close. We learnt more about the car in these days and there are many positive aspects regarding this race, but I feel like I could have won today and I didn’t, so I am not entirely happy. At the beginning of the race I was just not quick enough. The pace was there, but the balance wasn’t. I like this place, which has a lot of history and it’s the place where I drove a racing car for the first time, in 2003. It’s a long time ago, but I still have beautiful memories. And now I am already looking forward to going to Silverstone.”

Kimi Raikkonen: “In the first part of the race we had some difficulties with the balance of the car. I struggled a little bit with the first set of tires at the beginning, but then it was getting better and better. The second set was fine: at the beginning of the last stint the car felt very good and we had good speed, but at that point we were too far behind to try to recover. As the tires were getting older we obviously started to go slower, but we were still doing good lap times and the balance was improving. Overall, though, it was not a very easy weekend.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Bottas's start was amazing. His car started to move immediately after the lights went out. I wish all of our starts were as good. He deserved the win. Gutsy driving from Vettel and Ricciardo. I think he would have had Bottas if Perez hadn't held him up at the end. Really happy Ric kept Hamilton off of the podium. Not sure if it was a good idea to keep Raikkonen out that long, but hindsight is 20/20. I'm thinking Ricciardo would be the best successor to Raikkonen. They would make the strongest pairing in F1.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giallo 550 View Post
    Bottas's start was amazing. His car started to move immediately after the lights went out. I wish all of our starts were as good. He deserved the win. Gutsy driving from Vettel and Ricciardo. I think he would have had Bottas if Perez hadn't held him up at the end. Really happy Ric kept Hamilton off of the podium. Not sure if it was a good idea to keep Raikkonen out that long, but hindsight is 20/20. I'm thinking Ricciardo would be the best successor to Raikkonen. They would make the strongest pairing in F1.
    yup...had the lights waited another half a second THEN he would have jumped the start and do a drive thru penalty; he got lucky and timed it perfect.

Something needs to be done about lapped cars getting in our way, it's happening all too often. Today Perez may have helped alter the result, we'll never know now.

Completely agree

Sent from F1 paddock

After the lights...[emoji102]

Sent from F1 paddock

When was the last time Ferrari fired a driver mid-season?

Kimi Raikkonen deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    When was the last time Ferrari fired a driver mid-season?

Kimi Raikkonen deserves it.

Now why would you want to fire Kimi(who puts points granted they are not in the realm of the both Merc drivers) in the middle of the season? I don't think that would be a wise

move long-term in the season. Also, to bring in a new driver? Who would be available....mid season?

Not wise if you ask me. Just wait till the end of the season until he finishes his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post

Sent from F1 paddock
    okay, maybe not after the lights but at the same time the lights went out.....0.201 reaction time...can't get more perfect than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Goncalves View Post

Sent from F1 paddock
    I watched it in slow motion on my DVR. His car first moved after the lights went off. You all should be more angry at Perez for blocking Vettel, instead of Bottas for his perfect start.

Disappointed Since 2010

I watched it in slow motion on my DVR. His car first moved after the lights went off. You all should be more angry at Perez for blocking Vettel, instead of Bottas for his perfect start.
    Surprised Perez did'nt move over for Vettel; he is usually pretty good about that(both 1st and 2nd place battles)

It's obviously snark to suggest that Kimi be fired and replaced now b/c it won't happen. He 100% deserves it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ScuderiaBuckeye View Post
    It's obviously snark to suggest that Kimi be fired and replaced now b/c it won't happen. He 100% deserves it though.
    We saw last year Vettel in mid season start to act very differently due to his frustrations with his car, DNF's or being hit by someone. Kimi rallyed and stayed calm, cool and

collected. In the end Vettel scored 212pts for the Scuderia...Kimi....186.

This year could be Kimi's last year....I think it is but if Vettel starts having one of his episodes and has his mid season "out-of-character" experiences....Kimi might pick up where

Vettel left off. If thats one thing I know about the Kim-ster, when he is pressured to produce knowing Vettel is having issues, he brings the car home and with pts.