Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Chinese 2019: Pre-Race news

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Seb's car set up in doubt', possibly set up wrong for him. But his engine didn't give up on him! Seb should have got on the podium. The more I think about the last race the more I believe Charles has what it takes to be the #1 guy.
    Look, if his car has a setup issue which hampered his pace, I don't see why he should be on the podium. Perhaps you could explain it to me.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

i love this track. i m a bit worried about T12 and T13, rumors (or not) says that we are not very good in slow corners. this part is really important for the long straight line during the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    I still see Seb as a faster driver in the future races, its just the feeling, that he will get his confidence back after testing. He was relative happy.
    I think it's just more like wishful thinking on your part.
    As far as I am concerned , I don't care who of them two is the faster, I just want (if possible) two red cars to be P1 and P2 and one of the drivers to get the WDC and Ferrari to get WCC.
    I also want the team to give #1 status to the one that proves in the field that they deserve it. May that be Charles or Seb, that really is of no matter to me.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Leclarc is the odds on favourite to win the Chinese grand prix, then Seb. Funny how things have changed after just one race.

Prediction: Seb, leclarc/ham.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It rather dates us. A lot of people here will never have heard of Murray but I always thought this quote said it all
    Lol yeah it does, guess we're the old guys here haha...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

He's a 4x champion, a Sunday morning drive isn't always available. Seb needs to learn fast from the likes of Max to push to the podium or a win as much as the car can take. No excuses after the race; blaming the team for a set up not to his standard. Better yet; take a lesson from Charles who got himself on the podium without his engine!!! Seb's car was good enough to start him off in a not so bad spot. the rest was up to the driver to do it.

It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Leclarc is the odds on favourite to win the Chinese grand prix, then Seb. Funny how things have changed after just one race.

Prediction: Seb, leclarc/ham.
    yep, I saw those odds. But from a betting point of view, I think the value is on Ham/Merc. Bottas is like 10/1.

Prediction 1. Ham 2. Bottas 3. Ricciardo
    Easy win for Mercedes, Ferrari struggling with the high tyre deg. Ricciardo strikes back.

And I am never wrong.

Prediction 1. Ham 2. Bottas 3. Ricciardo
    Easy win for Mercedes, Ferrari struggling with the high tyre deg. Ricciardo strikes back.

And I am never wrong.
    .....good one mate; i sure hope your prediction will NOT come true
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    .....good one mate; i sure hope your prediction will NOT come true
    Would love to have a 1-2, probably more likely that Leclerc will win in this kind of the situation it than Seb. He usually is super fast in a strong car, unbeatable on his day, but in last months I lost some believe in Vettel. But wish nothing more than his comeback to his peak levels of performance.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 11th April 2019 at 11:41.

Would love to have a 1-2, probably more likely that Leclerc will win in this kind of the situation it than Seb. He usually is super fast in a strong car, unbeatable on his day, but in last months I lost some believe in Vettel. But wish nothing more than his comeback to his peak levels of performance.
    Trust me mare, we all wish to see Seb back to his glorious and winning days....I personally don’t have a driver preference who wins races as long as both work together to bring home the long awaited WCC....and then in the end, the one that is the better driver, one that makes the less mistakes across the season deserves to be the WDC
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Ferrari has a new sponsor--> 8eightcap

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D33dFanWkAEiSy5.jpg

HAAS rear wing update

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D33b5BKVUAAFDLS.jpg

[AMuS] Charles Leclerc said that he cannot help Vettel much in his car problems/issues:

"We have different driving styles. Sebastian and I have different demands regarding the car."

[Autobild] But Helmut Marko also clarifies: "We assume that Ferrari found the perfect fuel mix for the engine and did a really good job. We all have to do better now. The car is not illegal."

[AMuS]

Vettel: "The test in Bahrain was good. I found something that calms the rear of the car. The question is whether I even need it here in Shanghai. On this track the problem is rather understeering. You would rather want a light rear."

Haas and Ferrari don't use the same fuel.The GPS data reveal that the Ferrari V6 has more power on the Ferrari than in the customer teams. Steiner explains: "I think the difference on the straights is a combination of engine and drag."

Vettel has no problem with Charles not following the team order in Bahrain

"He was clearly faster at that point. I could have attacked back on the next straight. But it wouldn't have made any sense. Both of us would have lost valuable time."

Ferrari does not want to hear about having a superior engine. Binotto blames it on the efficiency of the whole package (smaller wings + less drag)

Vettel: "In Australia we were weak on the straights. In Bahrain we were strong. You can't speak of a trend there"

Vettel: "During the testing in Bahrain we had more time to change things that normally take more time. We found a few things in the setup that calm the rear and which also suits me better."

I'd like to see Leclerc get his first win which was so cruelly lost in Bahrain but I would also like Bastiano Vetelli to do well and regain his composure-we need both drivers to contribute
    to the constructor's points which have always been my priority! Let's hope the China race helps heal our wounds. FORZA FERRARI!!!

So Ferrari did not bring any updates yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    I'd like to see Leclerc get his first win which was so cruelly lost in Bahrain but I would also like Bastiano Vetelli to do well and regain his composure-we need both drivers to contribute to the constructor's points which have always been my priority! Let's hope the China race helps heal our wounds. FORZA FERRARI!!!
    This and then some.

Top steps. Doesn't matter who takes the win.

fp1 will be on soon....anyone got some free links

thx

no one watching fp1???

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    no one watching fp1???
    http://f1livegp.net/f1/live.html
    Our strategies better be on point in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Deephouse View Post
    thx mate