Thread: Possible scandal by the FIA?

Possible scandal by the FIA?

Hi all,

Just about a month ago, Giorgio Terruzzi had published this article (Italian),
    https://www.corriere.it/sport/formul...d0ad4e25.shtml

The translation in English being-

"Ferrari, a spy story behind the crisis and other cases are lurking

The impotence of the Federation (but a technician admits industrial espionage), the Racing Point affair, and the affiliated teams: the credibility of the sport is at stake

There is a spy story at the origin of the evils that afflict this Ferrari . Triggered by Leclerc's victory in the 2019 Italian GP , obtained using a very powerful engine on the lines of Monza. Too powerful according to the competition which, like Ferrari, seeks and uses more horsepower, working in those indecipherable areas that make up each power unit. Last autumn a surgical industrial espionage operation took shape, triggered by an antagonist team of Ferrari with the complicity of someone who knows the most secret aspects of Ferrari.To admit it is a technician of the International Federation (FIA) who claims anonymity while he tells how the federal investigation at the instigation of a team got underway. With some contradictions since the way to obtain that information was illegal.

This is the sensational background from which many moves derive. The FIA ​​itself is aware that all the engineers operate beyond the limit with minimal risks . So much so that even in the Ferrari case an irregularity has not been discovered . In any case, the information received by the federal technicians was used to impose a "secret" compromise on Maranello , with the consequent elimination of a series of developments, considered irregular by those who had provided the "stolen" information. The aerodynamic problems that the reds are showing now are the result of that agreement.

In practice, a step backwards of dozens of horsepower that made the design of a car designed for a more powerful engine inadequate. This forced the Cavallino technicians to carry out an unfortunate redesign, to be combined with a "clean" engine. According to many insiders, the only "clean" engine in the race today . Because the background to this story shows how impossible it is for the Federation to verify in depth what happens in the workshops. Except blown, in fact. Which guarantees many teams to travel undisturbed by increasing the power of the power units.

Evidence is needed to determine an infringement. And this evidence can only emerge if someone spies or confesses. What happens on the engine front is similar to the Racing Point theme . Those who work in F1 smile at the idea that it was possible to copy the 2019 Mercedes using the photos. We are talking about details to the fraction of a millimeter for very sophisticated components. Yet, we are still mere suspicions, with the FIA ​​admitting a certain superficiality in the analyzes, aware of the earthquake that could generate an accusation of data transfer, destined to also involve the world champion team. Conversely, if the principle were to pass,there is a risk that in 2022 all the teams linked to Mercedes could hit the track with identical and very fast cars. McLaren and Williams, as well as Racing Point.

At stake is the credibility of the entire F1 . While Ferrari faces a long technical journey with the awareness of having suffered a serious interference in their computers and the hope - not very solid - that the Federation can do justice, practicing attention and independence beyond all pressure. By identifying, even in the absence of spies, those who, while traveling between the rules, go well beyond the rules."

Translated through Google Translate ( https://translate.google.com/transla...d0ad4e25.shtml )

Now, while scrolling through Reddit, I found this post, https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...articles_that/ where, the OP of the post posts a translation of a Romanian article digging much deeper into the topic. Since the article is just way too long, I am just dropping the link here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Vfw...9XV7uRRPl/view

Here is the original Romanian article, https://www.pitstops.ro/2020/07/22/s...ivali-in-2020/

I would like to hear all your thoughts on this. Apologies for any mistake on my side, this is my first post here.

Welcome to the forum!

And thank you for the post, very interesting information!

I will check out the more detailed link as well.

Good article

Bump.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Any updates?
    None yet, sadly.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    None yet, sadly.
    There are updates, sadly those are not working. “We need to understand it better”

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    None yet, sadly.
    There are updates, sadly those are not working. “We need to understand it better”