Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari launch - 3rd February 2012 - All news and pics in here

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Who cares what McLaren fans say? It's amazing you complain about British media so much yet visit Autosport....
    Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. I also like to get a much information as possible before drawing conclusions. That might not be the right way for everybody, but its the right way for me.

Hello old friends.

The New F12012 clearly seems very aggressive in the look, very exctited to see if the high nose comperaed to Mclaren will function. i remember BMW Williams tried out a simular consept in 2004 wish did not work, but it seems like Ferrari is not the only team to have the car that high at the front.

Clearly very different to the pretty basic Mclaren, but expect them top make changes to it before Jerez or at least Barcelona, while this cleary is very close if not our Jerez test package.

Really hope Felipe will thrive in the car this year, and really show Alonso who is Number 1 in the team
    Forza Felipe, you can do it :)
    Schumi Forever
    Forza Michael

Quote Originally Posted by eriknaa View Post
    Hello old friends.

The New F12012 clearly seems very aggressive in the look, very exctited to see if the high nose comperaed to Mclaren will function. i remember BMW Williams tried out a simular consept in 2004 wish did not work, but it seems like Ferrari is not the only team to have the car that high at the front.
    BMW Williams had shark nose, this is Kubica-nose
    not gonna change my profile picture

i've just got in and turned on my pc eager to see this baby.

Then...

OMG!! its hideous

Hope its faster than it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Effone View Post
    i've just got in and turned on my pc eager to see this baby.

Then...

OMG!! its hideous

Hope its faster than it looks.
    A Ferrari is never hideous ..."una Ferrari che sempre una prima donna."You can say itīs not convencional, but will be Fast itīs our new
    Race victories 219
    Pole positions 205
    Fastest laps 225
    Words of what???We are the F1!!!Any Doubts???

Quote Originally Posted by sheikomatic View Post
    ... A v-nose can reduce drag, either they are plainly stupid not to make a v-nose, or there may be something in the nose that make a v-nose not possible...
    The v-noss became needless due to the change in the technical regulations for 2011. So talking about plain stupidity seems unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by wacc View Post
    The v-noss became needless due to the change in the technical regulations for 2011. So talking about plain stupidity seems unnecessary.
    Anything what reduces drag should be applied. Why not the v-nose?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

whats a v-nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Anything what reduces drag should be applied. Why not the v-nose?
    Do you think Ferrari ran simulations with various noses? or just picked this and thought oh this will do?
    Forza Ferrari

Sorry, nothing will happen. That bump will be there until the last race of the season. Chassis is homologated

They can't make that bump lower. It is in the rules, the front bulkhead section have to be 275mm thick. A v-nose can reduce drag, either they are plainly stupid not to make a v-nose, or there may be something in the nose that make a v-nose not possible.

So live with the bump till next season
    You are allowed to change the chassis during the season you just have to redo the crash tests. If Ferrari want to lower it they can.

Also the V is a way to bring in the push rods higher allowing for the underside of the nose to be higher. With pull rod this is no longer a problem so they don't need the V (remember the advantage of this was always under the nose not on the top)

V-nose was not originally used to reduce drag but to enlarge the space under the nose thus increase the volume of air under it, meanwhile allowing the drive the view forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Do you think Ferrari ran simulations with various noses? or just picked this and thought oh this will do?
    I don't know. But this "stair" just looks to be against the "aero rules". Why would everyone try to make the middle of the stair as low as possible? It just... doesn't look right

[QUOTE=sheikomatic;706923
    Rory Byrne and Pat Fry and Nikolas Tombazis are your god, worship and pray to them.[/QUOTE]

Actually, my gods are S-Club 7, the Spice Girls & Steps so naturally i pray to them...but thanks for your religious direction.

Power, Passion, Heritage, Beauty, Success = Scuderia Ferrari
    Magnum, Coke, Vodka = Kimi Raikkonen

Quote Originally Posted by m1dknight View Post
    You are allowed to change the chassis during the season you just have to redo the crash tests. If Ferrari want to lower it they can.

Also the V is a way to bring in the push rods higher allowing for the underside of the nose to be higher. With pull rod this is no longer a problem so they don't need the V (remember the advantage of this was always under the nose not on the top)
    They don't need that, so why they even made the step so big when they have pull-rod suspension so low?

Well you guys should get used to seeing this hideous nose soon because we will see it often during the course of the 2012 season. That is, when we are first on the grid, when we cross the finish line in first place, and during the victory lap, in most, if not all the races this season.

smkrnqnc.jpg

I like this

Sounds like most people don't really understand the modern F1 Race Car or what the aim is. I am hearing everyone so concern and critical of the step in the front nose "Visually" and that's all they see. LOL. Has anyone seen the Red Bull race car the last few years??? The nose of that race car has been wide and flat on the underside. Look at the 2012 Ferrari race car and you see the same concept with the highest permited front leading edge with a wide, flat nose section. The McLaren race car may look smoother at the front but does it offer as much gain in frontal air flow to the length of the race car than the Ferrari??? Does it have a better shape to gain as much downforce as possible compared to the Ferrari Race Car??? People must understand that there is a very dedicated purpose to the way a shape is made on the race car and time will tell if the design is correct. My feeling is Ferrari have exploited the high nose to the max and that is a plus for the Race Car.

Ciao.

Forza Ferrari!!!!

They don't need that, so why they even made the step so big when they have pull-rod suspension so low?
    Because the maximum height of the nose before and after the bulkhead is different and the want both parts of the nose as high as possible. Look at the front on pictures, the Ferrari has way more space under its nose leading up to the splitter than the Mclaren or Force India, this is obviously where they are trying to reap the aero benefit.

I have a feeling that the other teams are crapping their pants with regard to the amount of downforce the F2012 will generate with that much air through the diffuser.

Thats the question.

A v-nose is made to undercut the chassis in order to have minimum cross-section and more volume underneath the chassis. At the same time being able to house a push-rod linkage in them. With a pull rod, they should have a deeper v-nose when there is no push-rod linkage getting in they way, they can have even more volume of air at the top complementing the bottom at the same time minimising separation.

However, this is not the case. So, the ugly unnecessary bump

Sneak peak on the new Marrusia teams car
    Attached Images Attached Images

There might be something to exploit from the bulbous nose.
    Or do armchair aerodynamicists think that the best team in the world eat pasta & play cards all day.

Think about the total aerodynamic balance of the car, the mechanical balnce, the way the force can affect it's polar inertia etc.
    They wouldn't design it if there was no point.

BTW in only the looks department i like it, it looks like a street fighter.
    It is time for the "Matador de toros" to do just that

Sorry, nothing will happen. That bump will be there until the last race of the season. Chassis is homologated

They can't make that bump lower. It is in the rules, the front bulkhead section have to be 275mm thick. A v-nose can reduce drag, either they are plainly stupid not to make a v-nose, or there may be something in the nose that make a v-nose not possible.

So live with the bump till next season
    I see so you think we have another lemon this season yet you haven't seen it in testing?

Since when does a Mechanical Engineering Degree make you more of an authority than the whole F1 design team. LMAO

Yes the car might be a Lemon but I doub't very much that you have any way of knowing until it is proven to be. In fact I fear you might be eating humple pie in months to come. One bump or two?
    "Okay,...Jean is smarter than you....... can you confirm you understood that message" Bernie on the phone to Max circa 2009

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines - Enzo Ferrari circa 1960

Quote Originally Posted by Sianellen View Post
    Apart from the nose it looks good
    Signed: Cyrano de Bergerac.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

By the way. We should copy one thing from McLaren. The black rims! They are sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Curbs View Post
    Did Kimi sit down on our nose with a Magnum?
    No, he designed it after a magnum&vodka party.
    Addio Signor Enzo. Ciao Gilles.

I KNEW I seen this Ferrari or what ever it is Long before today I suggest you ALL Google LEGO Ferrari and look at there range of Ferrari F1 cars, and you will see that who ever designed this car was/has been playing with his Lego set !!!! I am Not Jokeing !!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16869320

Vid of both Massa and Alonso talking about the New car

the car looks ugly...... but i do not really care as long as it is fast! i cannot critisize the work of the experts...... i have to wait and see for the test results

forza ferrariiiiiiiiiiii