Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Spanish GP: Practices & Qualifying

Sebastian Vettel #5

“We are happy but we’re not happy. By that, I mean that the car is well balanced and I think the updates we have brought have helped with the driveability of the car. However, it’s obvious that we are still not where we want to be, because we are very quick down the straights, but we are losing too much time through the slower corners. The result of all that is that we are not in front and so we have to continue to work hard. Nevertheless, I think that having a well balanced car means we can have a good race, so I’m ready to give it my all tomorrow.”

Charles Leclerc #16

“It is not the qualifying result we hoped for. We have been working on finding the right balance, especially with the new parts we have in place. Unfortunately, we were still a bit off today. I went wide in Q2 and some parts were damaged when I went over the kerb. The team did a great job and tried to fix the car during the session to let me continue driving. After the incident, the balance was different and we have to check our data to make sure we get our car back in shape for the race tomorrow. Our competitors are strong, but we remain confident of our potential and will do our best to catch them.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal

“It was a difficult qualifying session, as indeed has been the whole weekend so far. In Charles’ case, matters were further complicated when his car was damaged in Q2. We repaired it as best we could, but it still compromised his Q3 performance, as he had to attempt two timed laps on a single set of tyres. Having said that, this weekend has highlighted the weak points on our car. We will carry out all the necessary analysis, also after the race, to get a complete picture of where we are struggling. Days like this can show you how to improve and I am sure it will see us perform better tomorrow.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

This forum is desperately looking for the party mode

Good luck for tomorrow Scuderia!

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sebastian Vettel #5

“We are happy but we’re not happy. By that, I mean that the car is well balanced and I think the updates we have brought have helped with the driveability of the car. However, it’s obvious that we are still not where we want to be, because we are very quick down the straights, but we are losing too much time through the slower corners. The result of all that is that we are not in front and so we have to continue to work hard. Nevertheless, I think that having a well balanced car means we can have a good race, so I’m ready to give it my all tomorrow.”

Charles Leclerc #16

“It is not the qualifying result we hoped for. We have been working on finding the right balance, especially with the new parts we have in place. Unfortunately, we were still a bit off today. I went wide in Q2 and some parts were damaged when I went over the kerb. The team did a great job and tried to fix the car during the session to let me continue driving. After the incident, the balance was different and we have to check our data to make sure we get our car back in shape for the race tomorrow. Our competitors are strong, but we remain confident of our potential and will do our best to catch them.”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal

“It was a difficult qualifying session, as indeed has been the whole weekend so far. In Charles’ case, matters were further complicated when his car was damaged in Q2. We repaired it as best we could, but it still compromised his Q3 performance, as he had to attempt two timed laps on a single set of tyres. Having said that, this weekend has highlighted the weak points on our car. We will carry out all the necessary analysis, also after the race, to get a complete picture of where we are struggling. Days like this can show you how to improve and I am sure it will see us perform better tomorrow.”

Mattia saying, only this race showed the weakness of the car ...??
    pre-season testing S3 was indicator, AUS GP was highlighter, Baku S2 was pin-pointer, Barcelona S3 was decider.

Very sad that ferrari didn’t solve this issue.

May be ferrari SF90 car design philosophy is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wappad View Post
    This forum is desperately looking for the party mode

Good luck for tomorrow Scuderia!

Forza Ferrari

Not only this forum, entire TIFOSI is waiting for end of merc dominance. In particular ferrari resurgence.
    Unfortunately tmrw we will be fighting with RB for 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Not only this forum, entire TIFOSI is waiting for end of merc dominance. In particular ferrari resurgence.
    Unfortunately tmrw we will be fighting with RB for 3rd place.
    think the WHOLE OF F1 you mean
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Well, Lewis is'nt the "GOAT" as it would seem.

That W10 is on another level.

I hope MB let's the reigns loose on Bottas.

If Gasly gets his head out of his butt, RBR could catch up to Ferrari.....but RBR will most likely face grid penalties down the road. 2020 is gonna be a fight between RBR and Ferrari for a possible 2nd place but IF Ferrari cannot fight the Mercs in 2020 then I hope it's RBR.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Binotto is delusional a man must own his mistakes this guy just ducks and weaves his way through. The prancing horse is a failure.

Oh boy I am so glad that I wasn't able to watch Q due for being in Italy first to see Metallica on 8th in Milan and than again on 10th in Zurich. As I am flying back home tomorrow I won't be able also to watch another Mercedws 1-2.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Oh boy I am so glad that I wasn't able to watch Q due for being in Italy first to see Metallica on 8th in Milan and than again on 10th in Zurich. As I am flying back home tomorrow I won't be able also to watch another Mercedws 1-2.
    I hope you are welcomed home by a different result. Believe in miracles it's where we are.

Forza Jules

2018 pole hamilton 1:16.173
    today 1:15:406

yeah, it is a beast

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I hope you are welcomed home by a different result. Believe in miracles it's where we are.
    Unfotunatelly miracles does not exist in this Mercedes dominated F1!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Good progress...!!
    going backwards.....nice going ferrari....the downgrades really DID work for this weekend....LOL
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    So it looks like Seb has got back his testing feeling as he is saying car was feeling good and is well balanced but it's just not quick enough.
    ha,ha.....it only felt quick in winter testing as the Merc's were SANDBAGGING BIG TIME......and the true reality smacked them in teh face come at first race in OZ.....SAD BUT TRUE
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

well it seems to work so far....will 2019 be winless just like 2014??? i bet dollars to donuts that IT WILL BE.....

Everyone GOING IN on Ferrari should remember that they’re not only 8 tenths ahead of Ferrari, but of the ENTIRE FIELD. Hell, even the mighty Adrian Newey. Redbull are getting similar S3 times in Barcelona to us, and they’re usually the benchmark in the slow/twisty stuff. Merc is the outlier, not us.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think it’s fair to say Mercedes has done something unique with their suspension. Something similar to fric, perhaps? They’re literally 6 tenths ahead of the field in a sector that is 25 seconds long. I usually laugh in people’s faces when they just assume Mercedes is cheating but... how is this possible? They clearly have a solution that no one else does at the moment or it just doesn’t add up. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds...

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Everyone GOING IN on Ferrari should remember that they’re not only 8 tenths ahead of Ferrari, but of the ENTIRE FIELD. Hell, even the mighty Adrian Newey. Redbull are getting similar S3 times in Barcelona to us, and they’re usually the benchmark in the slow/twisty stuff. Merc is the outlier, not us.

I hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I think it’s fair to say Mercedes has done something unique with their suspension. Something similar to fric, perhaps? They’re literally 6 tenths ahead of the field in a sector that is 25 seconds long. I usually laugh in people’s faces when they just assume Mercedes is cheating but... how is this possible? They clearly have a solution that no one else does at the moment or it just doesn’t add up. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds...
    it's called 4WS like system mate.....not literally 4ws, but something that mimics that....maybe it's done by braking the rear right wheel just slightly going into a corner and carrying more speed then normal....and possibly this only gets activated when the steering wheel is turned left or right into corners....of course i'm only guesstimating here, but you's get my drift....

Did Vettel match or better Verstappen on sector 3?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    it's called 4WS like system mate.....not literally 4ws, but something that mimics that....maybe it's done by braking the rear right wheel just slightly going into a corner and carrying more speed then normal....and possibly this only gets activated when the steering wheel is turned left or right into corners....of course i'm only guesstimating here, but you's get my drift....
    When Ferrari finds something it's a "trick". Sky doesn't talk about what Mercedes has going on, no one does. When Ferrari is fast it's the talk of the town and their engine smells like grapefruit. I'm sick of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Did Vettel match or better Verstappen on sector 3?
    noep, he was nearly 3 tenths off.....seb 26.611 and Max did a 26.322

so i think our fight tomorrow will be with Max for THIRD place......we'll be lucky if we get a maiden win this season

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    When Ferrari finds something it's a "trick". Sky doesn't talk about what Mercedes has going on, no one does. When Ferrari is fast it's the talk of the town and their engine smells like grapefruit. I'm sick of it.
    me too brotha, me too.....sick of all this mercedes bias.....the FIA or should i say MIA are in it too me thinks.

Its cant believe that we cant cutch our pre-season time 1:16:221 C5 and now 1:16:272 seb time.It show that march till may we go down?. Engine upgrade ,aero and all of work on base bull******? Spent time to nothing?
    Last edited by farid-baku; 12th May 2019 at 03:50.

Last year's pole time: 1.16.173
    Last year's 2nd place: 1.16.213

Vettel's 2019 time - 1.16.272 which put him third on the grid will still put him third only on 2018 grid. Last year's Vettel P3 time - 1.16.305
    A massive improvement of 0.033 over the course of 12 months.

Baring any mercedes interference the butler looks good to win title he is really performing.There is no chance in the world that Lewis would become a butler for bottas there would be a mercedes war first.

It seems to me that this race can be a nightmare for Ferrari. It is possible that even Red Bull will have much better race pace. Ferrari this year was always better during qualifying than during the race in terms of speed.
    Race like Bahrain 2014 is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Last year's pole time: 1.16.173
    Last year's 2nd place: 1.16.213

Vettel's 2019 time - 1.16.272 which put him third on the grid will still put him third only on 2018 grid. Last year's Vettel P3 time - 1.16.305
    A massive improvement of 0.033 over the course of 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is the result of a 15 jear period with katastrophical team management!
    And this is the strenght of Mercedes.

Shame on You Ferrari !

I don't think Lewis will go down without a fight this time, intra-team collision on the cards?

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Baring any mercedes interference the butler looks good to win title he is really performing.There is no chance in the world that Lewis would become a butler for bottas there would be a mercedes war first.
    The #1, # 2 driver points is what WCC is all about. I don't see anyone Better than Bottas for the Merc winning driver combo. Lewis and Merc ,the team I believe are doing what they have to to keep Bottas happy and at home. If he wins this next race I will be very surprised. Poles are ok for Bottas, Lewis for sure has enough to keep him calm and happy. As far as wins go; I again say it; I will be in shock if Lewis doesn't feel enough is enough.

I really hope all races will be a Merc win, and all poles will be won by them. Then there will be a chance to really think about what went wrong with F1. It is just not possible that all the rest of the teams just went dumb. And dumber...