Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2019 China GP: Race

Gasly only got fastest lap by mere 9 hundredths of a second, now that is disappointing.

again, why didn't Seb try to overtake.. it would have been a little justified... right now it looks like stardriver didn't want to do any dirty work and actually nothing he did on track backed up this decision. and how is this any different from last year - wheel to wheel racing and vettel spins. same like last year
    not gonna change my profile picture

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I can post lap times here and show that Charles was faster...after the pitstops only Hamilton was faster than Charles. But nah...not gonna waste my time.
    this is guy who doubts and thinks, but does not have facts and then tells to others they have no clue about racing this season

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Can one make the assumption after these 3 GP's, the ONLY reason Max is beating both Ferrari's has to do with pit lane strat?? Because Max certainly does'nt have the fastest car.
    Not really, the 1-2 we gave away due to a spin and engine problems are more to blame
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not really, the 1-2 we gave away due to a spin and engine problems are more to blame
    Hopefully no more engine problems from now on. But I am sure we're gonna see a few more ballet solo from Vettel this year.

I can post lap times here and show that Charles was faster...after the pitstops only Hamilton was faster than Charles. But nah...not gonna waste my time.
    Here is the official lap history chart for you to analyze: https://www.fia.com/file/79530/download

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post
    this is guy who doubts and thinks, but does not have facts and then tells to others they have no clue about racing this season
    Gain some knowledge from the link I shared above.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Gain some knowledge from the link I shared above.
    What about the facts I gave you last couple of days, you called it useless but never actually said what was wrong. Laptimes don't show the full picture, if Leclerc was faster he was held up by Vettel. There fore he couldn't post more faster times.

Very disappointing race. Thought there would be at least a battle for 2nd. Ferrari did ok, even if they had pole like they said they could, the race pace was not good enough. Vettel seem to struggle after he passed Leclerc, but after the pitstops he was clearly faster.

Here is the official lap history chart for you to analyze: https://www.fia.com/file/79530/download
    Nice..now follow lap 12-18, and tell me by how many tenths Vettel was faster? And after the first pitstop...who was the fastest man on track bar Hamilton? I mean the data is there. Charles lost more than 12 seconds by staying out longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Formula 1 fan View Post
    What about the facts I gave you last couple of days, you called it useless but never actually said what was wrong. Laptimes don't show the full picture, if Leclerc was faster he was held up by Vettel. There fore he couldn't post more faster times.
    Vettel wasn't faster than Charles, the only reason he was closer because of DRS. China has one of the longest back straight and it is pretty easy to stay close when you're getting double DRS per lap.

Also Charles's lap times dropped to 1m40's by letting Vettel go, pretty sure he lost tyre temperature.

You don't have facts, you just make things up to troll.
    Forza Ferrari

Sebastian Vettel #5
    “We are happy we got the podium, but overall we can’t be satisfied because we were too slow today. We were hoping to be in a much better place and be a match for Mercedes, but we were not. Also it was a shame we didn’t manage to finish third and fourth, In terms of calls from our pit wall today, the priority always lies within the team and Charles and I are both aware we are driving for the team. We can do our own race but first of all we have to ensure Ferrari is in a position to fight with its rivals. I think we have a good car and we are still not able to unlock its potential completely. We are learning a lot about it and it’s important to do many laps to get a better feeling for it. We are getting an ever clearer picture of what we are lacking at the moment, so I think the next few weeks will be important for us, so that we can get on the right road for the coming months”.

Charles Leclerc #16
    “Today’s race wasn’t one of my easiest, since it looks like we didn’t have a good enough pace to fight at the front with our competitors. My start was good, then I think both Seb and myself were struggling with the tyres. We swapped positions and I thought he would have pulled away but he didn’t and this didn’t help my tyres because I had a bit of overheating and I lost some time. On my second set of tyres I hoped I’d be able to go all the way to the end, but unfortunately had to stop again and so lost a place. We will sit down all together in order to understand what could have been done better and I’m sure we will come back stronger at the next race”

Mattia Binotto Team Principal
    “Mercedes has been fast throughout the whole weekend, since Friday. They were fast yesterday in qualifying and fast today. We had a completely opposite situation from the one we faced two weeks ago in Bahrain and this shows that we could again have things going the other way around in two weeks time. Things are changing from one weekend to the next and therefore we need to look at the championship thinking that every race may be different. Our decisions on strategy were taken to try to maximize the teams’ result. We will go back to Maranello and look at all the data, try to understand what didn’t work this weekend in order to improve. We need to further develop the car and understand where the limits are, then come back stronger for Baku. It’s again a completely different circuit and we need to approach that race with a positive attitude to do our best.”
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Sebastian Vettel #5
    “We are happy we got the podium, but overall we can’t be satisfied because we were too slow today. We were hoping to be in a much better place and be a match for Mercedes, but we were not. Also it was a shame we didn’t manage to finish third and fourth, In terms of calls from our pit wall today, the priority always lies within the team and Charles and I are both aware we are driving for the team. We can do our own race but first of all we have to ensure Ferrari is in a position to fight with its rivals. I think we have a good car and we are still not able to unlock its potential completely. We are learning a lot about it and it’s important to do many laps to get a better feeling for it. We are getting an ever clearer picture of what we are lacking at the moment, so I think the next few weeks will be important for us, so that we can get on the right road for the coming months”.
    that's rich coming from they guy who does not know codenames - Multi 21 anyone?

First Australia and than this. We should change our target once we realise Merc is unreachable and not let Red bull pas

Nice..now follow lap 12-18, and tell me by how many tenths Vettel was faster? And after the first pitstop...who was the fastest man on track bar Hamilton? I mean the data is there. Charles lost more than 12 seconds by staying out longer.
    Seb made his first pit stop on Lap 18.

Lap 17: 1.39.790
    Lap 18: PIT
    Lap 19: 1.56.840
    Lap 20: 1.36.998
    Lap 21: 1.37.150
    Lap 22: 1.37.554
    Lap 23: 1.37.444

Charles made his first pit stop on Lap 22.

Lap 17: 1.39.985
    Lap 22: PIT
    Lap 23: 1.56.967
    Lap 24: 1.37.400
    Lap 25: 1.37.564
    Lap 26: 1.37.348
    Lap 27: 1.37.445

Seb made his second pit stop on Lap 35.

Lap 35: PIT
    Lap 36: 1.54.699
    Lap 37: 1.34.836 (2nd fastest lap of the race)
    Lap 38: 1.36.498
    Lap 39: 1.36.612
    Lap 40: 1.36.698

Charles made his second pit stop on Lap 42.

Lap 42: PIT
    Lap 43: 1.57.267
    Lap 44: 1.35.774
    Lap 45: 1.34.860 (3rd fastest lap of the race)
    Lap 46: 1.35.676
    Lap 47: 1.36.136

See for yourself, Seb was faster. Only in the last 10 laps was Charles marginally quicker than Seb.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    First Australia and than this. We should change our target once we realise Merc is unreachable and not let Red bull pas
    Not exactly unreachable, 2 tenths per lap of race pace was missing today. Red Bull was also close on a track like China, this is definitely not Ferrari's true pace. A trend is also emerging - Ferrari stronger on hard tyres rather than soft. Work to be done but Mercedes not out of reach.

See for yourself, Seb was faster. Only in the last 10 laps was Charles marginally quicker than Seb.
    As marginally as "Seb" was faster before ... I love people have the sense of humor to dig their own grave
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Vettel wasn't faster than Charles, the only reason he was closer because of DRS. China has one of the longest back straight and it is pretty easy to stay close when you're getting double DRS per lap.

Also Charles's lap times dropped to 1m40's by letting Vettel go, pretty sure he lost tyre temperature.
    That was actually my point, Vettel was only faster after the stops but then they screwed Leclerc over.

You don't have facts, you just make things up to troll.
    Which things did I make up and where did I troll? You just don't accept or allow negative opinions about Vettel. Just like Chinmay. Vettel is a great driver, but he has dropped the ball last 2 years and made to many mistakes that cost him the title. Fact.

Which things did I make up and where did I troll? You just don't accept or allow negative opinions about Vettel. Just like Chinmay. Vettel is a great driver, but he has dropped the ball last 2 years and made to many mistakes that cost him the title. Fact.
    Yeah I never say anything negative about Seb.....off course you just made that up without knowing the facts. The difference is being negative when its justified not just making things up to troll him like you do, in fact that's all you seem to come here for.
    Forza Ferrari

Not exactly unreachable, 2 tenths per lap of race pace was missing today. Red Bull was also close on a track like China, this is definitely not Ferrari's true pace. A trend is also emerging - Ferrari stronger on hard tyres rather than soft. Work to be done but Mercedes not out of reach.
    We dont know if merc was using all potential, since they were using their tyres comfortably but for sure we were reachable for Max.we lost valuable points.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post
    We dont know if merc was using all potential, since they were using their tyres comfortably but for sure we were reachable for Max.we lost valuable points.
    When Leclerc was holding up Bottas, Vettel closed on him to around 3 seconds gap. After getting past Charles, Bottas had to use all the pace available in his Merc to build a comfortable lead over Seb but he wasn't pulling away much.

Seb was faster today end of the story. On equal tyres and fuel load he was 0.1-0.2s on average faster. Why is it so hard to understand. Charles was faster in Bahrain.

You see Vettel managed to stay in the drs zone of Leclerc for 8 laps, Leclerc just 3 laps. Seb pulled away a 1.8s gap at the end of the stint. On fresh tyres he was also just faster.

Yeah I never say anything negative about Seb.....off course you just made that up without knowing the facts. The difference is being negative when its justified not just making things up to troll him like you do, in fact that's all you seem to come here for.
    But you have called me a troll ever since I said something bad about Vettel...All I said was that Vettel isn't as good as Hamilton or Max.
    Tell me, what did I make up and how am I trolling? All you do is blaming me for trolling.

When Leclerc was holding up Bottas, Vettel closed on him to around 3 seconds gap. After getting past Charles, Bottas had to use all the pace available in his Merc to build a comfortable lead over Seb but he wasn't pulling away much.
    Agree, the one of sensible person here. Some others just dont accept the facts today.

Seb made his first pit stop on Lap 18.

Vettel's fastest lap, compared to Charles, after the team order 1:39.656, only 0.258 sec faster, and if we compare 12-18:

Lap 12: Vettel -0.115
    Lap 13: Leclerc -0.115
    Lap 14: Vettel -0.154
    Lap 15: Leclerc -0.074
    Lap 16: Vettel -0.258
    Lap 17: Vettel -0.195
    a substantial gap of 0.533 sec.

Vettel's fast lap after pit-stop 1:36.998, Charles staying out 1:40.331. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see where Charles lost ground to Vettel.

Stop trolling dude, and learn to give up.

Boring race. DVR'd the race and watched the whole thing on Fast Forward.

I said it would a Merc 1-2 and it was so.

Three races, three Merc 1-2's. I have a feeling they will dominate this season more so than any other season in the hybrid era. Ferrari have no answer to their speed regardless of any talk we may hear about Ferrari being faster.

Three races in and I'm telling you guys, it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb was faster today end of the story. On equal tyres and fuel load he was 0.1-0.2s on average faster. Why is it so hard to understand. Charles was faster in Bahrain.

You see Vettel managed to stay in the drs zone of Leclerc for 8 laps, Leclerc just 3 laps. Seb pulled away a 1.8s gap at the end of the stint. On fresh tyres he was also just faster.
    Leclerc passed him in Bahrain without team order, because he was faster by a considerable margin. Vettel even with two DRS couldn't pass Leclerc, because he wasn't faster today.

And you talk about 1.8 gap, well Leclerc had to slow down on lap 11 because of 'you know what', his lap time dropped from 1:38.981 on lap 10 to 1:40.993 on lap 11. Pretty sure he also lost tyre temperature.

But I'm not gonna waste my time with you or chinmay, you Vettel-widow's are really something else, facts don't interest you and I am sure you're gonna come up with another sob story when your idol spins AGAIN,

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Boring race. DVR'd the race and watched the whole thing on Fast Forward.

I said it would a Merc 1-2 and it was so.

Three races, three Merc 1-2's. I have a feeling they will dominate this season more so than any other season in the hybrid era. Ferrari have no answer to their speed regardless of any talk we may hear about Ferrari being faster.

TThree races in and I'm telling you guys, it's over.
    ah, cool, so you have a crystal ball it seems and you can predict the future.....if that's that's the case, shoot me some 6 magic #'s in the next 6/49 lotto draw....LOL

mate, we're only 3 races in, long season ahead....and for all we know, probably Ferrari have realized the issues wiht the car and may be bringing major updates in Spain.....to turn around the season

we'll see, not all is lost.....YET
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.