Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Spain GP 2017 - Practice and qualifying thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Mercedes are not that faster in S3 though, Seb just locked the wheel on the last chicane.
    He was leading and made a mistake, that cost us pole, but does not matter, we are fastest and at least WDC is coming, WCC not, if not Kimi wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So all the doom and gloomers from Friday are quiet now? you would think they would learn but clearly not Great to see us still there after Merc threw everything they have at the car

Forza Ferrari
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Who gives a.....
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Even if this deal happens, will Alonso leave mclaren??
    Who gives a.....
    In his words, he is driving for his childhood dream team, so I don't see an issue here

In his words, he is driving for his childhood dream team, so I don't see an issue here
    Is mclaren his dream team ???

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Can anyone please post best sector times from Q3
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did . Check few posts earlier. Other wise u can find everthing on the fia website . Speed trap ... topspeeds.. sectors ......

Why not have a specific thread on Alonso, that way those who wish to discuss him can do so and those of us who aren't interested don't have to read it. No offense intended

@f1talks
    Ferrari mounted an old engine (ICE) in Vettel's car yesterday (1st) not the new one (3rd). #F1
    So ,we where just 0,051 behind ,with an old pu.
    What would have happened with a fresh upgraded one????!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    @f1talks

So ,we where just 0,051 behind ,with an old pu.
    What would have happened with a fresh upgraded one????!!
    Oh then good. But worrying thing vet on his 4th TC element.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Is mclaren his dream team ???
    He said that when he was coming there. I remember him saying that he used to have Airton Senna poster in Marlboro painted McLaren on his wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Why not have a specific thread on Alonso, that way those who wish to discuss him can do so and those of us who aren't interested don't have to read it. No offense intended

so nervous! >.<

Today, Ferrari lost the race, because they did not think out of the box. They should have stopped under the VSC, twice. Once to change for the Mediums, then do a lap around, and come straight back in and change to Softs! I was screaming this at the TV! Well, no, they didnt hear me!
    Shame, I was screaming really loud.

Kimi and the little boy

Attachment 7132

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    He was leading and made a mistake, that cost us pole, but does not matter, we are fastest and at least WDC is coming, WCC not, if not Kimi wake up.
    Bottas DNF helped WCC stay with Ferrari.

Comparison between Vettel and Hamilton in Q3....COOL computer overlay and as Vettel and some of you said....the small lockup at the chicane cost him pole. Interesting Vettel takes a different line at times.

F1 2017 Spanish GP: Hamilton vs. Vettel Virtual Comparison FULL Q3 Laps FOX!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx_dt1yBBl0

Thanks man, great video.

it looks like Hamster is a better driver than Seb.

it looks like Hamster is a better driver than Seb.
    Never was, never will be. Hamster is identical in character to BMW and Mercedes drivers on the road. When he's on a faster car he's got that "Get out of my way!" mentality. Put him down in midfield and he's just gone.

The result in Spain was down to car balance. Rewatch the free practice sessions. We always had understeer in the third sector. Engine is fine and up to par with the Mercedes. The car is not perfect, but the team has done a superb job of extracting all the performance they can. There's still ALOT of room to improove the car over the season.
    At this pace the 2018 car will be fantastic.

Check that video.

I did, a couple of days ago. Did you notice the "Petronas" watermark on te screen? Bottom center. Mind you, that's a sponsored simulation. I highly doubt ESPN had access to complete gps data of both teams, and timing over the full lap from FIA.
    Regardless, the simulation of the last four corners backs up my previous statement: balance issues( wheel alignment, weight distribution, downforce distribution, brake distribution and differential lock ratio).

isn't it surprising then that Ferrari were unable to find the correct balance, especially at a track they know well?

Hamster T3&4 , saving lots of time there, brilliant driving, slower car and still beating Seb

Hamster T3&4 , saving lots of time there, brilliant driving, slower car and still beating Seb
    I think it's down to seb not finding sweet spot in last sector. He admitted that.
    He's missing the chichane all through the weekend. To put a lap together. Actaully this is interesting, as ferrari were brillant in last sector of sochi track. almost 0.3-.4sec ahead of rivals. Coming here, they went for low downforce set-up.

Oh ya. Vettel is making that Ferrari look bad. Should be so much faster than poor Hammy in that dog of a Mercedes with a boat load of upgrades and new PU. Don't know how much longer we can take from these drivers not getting the best out of our car.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Oh ya. Vettel is making that Ferrari look bad. Should be so much faster than poor Hammy in that dog of a Mercedes with a boat load of upgrades and new PU. Don't know how much longer we can take from these drivers not getting the best out of our car.
    Who in your opinion has best lines in that video?

Do you really think Vettel and Ferrari are not looking at videos/telemetry of their own laps and compare them to Hamilton's?

If he is driving different lines, it means that he is driving to the car's setup.

So Vettel and Ferrari is taking longer route, because car's setup requires that?
    Personally I was surprised when I saw that video, and I was wondering why not Seb drive T3&4 like Hamilton,. I do not know, but only thing came in to my mind that, Seb has always used track to the max, so he drives, like he has been always driving, just a habit so to say.

There is no such thing as "best lines". The line a driver takes will depend on a variety of different factors, including his engine characteristics, chassis characteristics, tyre characteristics, brake characteristics, track temperature, and numerous other factors. It is not the case that the line taken by Hamilton is the One True Line and anybody who deviates from that is doing it wrong.

You also claim, quite preposterously, that the car which took pole, the win, and the fastest lap in Spain was the "slower car", which suggests your knowledge of racing has some serious gaps in it.

So Vettel and Ferrari is taking longer route, because car's setup requires that?
    Personally I was surprised when I saw that video, and I was wondering why not Seb drive T3&4 like Hamilton,. I do not know, but only thing came in to my mind that, Seb has always used track to the max, so he drives, like he has been always driving, just a habit so to say.
    I wouldnt be surprised if that was the case. Level of downforce, understeer/oversteer levels all impact the lines drivers take through a corner. If it is as simple as looking at a video and changing lines for a better lap time, I'm sure Vettel and Ferrari would know it in much greater detail than a tv broadcaster's video analysis.