Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920213257 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 F1 news/rumours

AMuS

Latest plans for a revised F1 calender include two triple-headers (GB/ESP/HUN & NED/BEL/ITA). Squeezing Vietnam in could even lead to a quadruple-header. Season might end one week later with a BAH/ABU double-header.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Renault showing interest in Vettel, not sure if he would want to go there but if he does, can be a straight swap with Ricciardo

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Renault showing interest in Vettel, not sure if he would want to go there but if he does, can be a straight swap with Ricciardo
    Totally in for that swap....richiardo>Vettel
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Totally in for that swap....richiardo>Vettel
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    AMuS

Latest plans for a revised F1 calender include two triple-headers (GB/ESP/HUN & NED/BEL/ITA). Squeezing Vietnam in could even lead to a quadruple-header. Season might end one week later with a BAH/ABU double-header.
    One thing is pretty certain, we're not going to see the next-gen ground effect F1 cars in 2021. We're not going to have full 21 races this year thanks to the Corona virus, and because of that 70% of the current grid will take huge financial hit. Teams like Williams for example, need full race calendar to sustain their F1 activities. Even missing out one race is huge, so we can imagine what would be the financial penalty when there are 4-5 races missing from the calendar.

Unfortunately, it would also seals down Ham-Merc combo's 8th title. Of course, there is a chance of Ferrari coming up with a winning car, but that chance is rather low.

I hope the 2021 rules are not delayed. If they are, rather than the usual "next year will be our year" mantra, it will now be "2022 will be our year".

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...notto/4770722/

8 titles for Ham then, just great.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I suspect Ferraris 2021 project will be affected by the corona virus killing spree in italy and its effect. Probably our best bet is 2028 aprox when the next major rule change take place. If delaying the 2021 rules, just cancel this season completely, no reason at all to see the 2020 projects in both 2020 and 2021, leading to two easy Mercedes titles.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Let's not pretend they won't dominate under the 2021 reg either. It pains me to say it, but the current Mercedes team under Toto Wolf probably the most dominant team in F1. They have every ingredients for success, plus the don't have to deal with any b.s politics. They don't have someone like Montezemolo, who would destroy the team for his own personal gain.

Daimler does a very good job at keeping away from daily to daily F1 activities. And at Ferrari, Binotto can't do anything without Agnelli family's approval .
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 19th March 2020 at 14:14.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Let's not pretend they won't dominate under the 2021 reg either. It pains me to say it, but the current Mercedes team under Toto Wolf probably the most dominant team in F1. They have every ingredients for success, plus the don't have to deal with any b.s politics. They don't have someone like Montezemolo, who would destroy the team for his own personal gain.

Daimler does a very good job at keeping away from daily to daily F1 activities. And at Ferrari, Binotto can't do anything without Agnelli family's approval .
    Agreed. If you think the '21 rules are the magic bullet Ferrari needed to start winning again you are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Agreed. If you think the '21 rules are the magic bullet Ferrari needed to start winning again you are delusional.
    I didn’t say Ferrari would start winning again, but you would hope teams other than Merc/Hamilton could win races and titles.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So people with free time have found out that the taxi's have been using DAS in hungary 2018 already.

https://twitter.com/Luca_Flaminio/st...55841112150016
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    So people with free time have found out that the taxi's have been using DAS in hungary 2018 already.

https://twitter.com/Luca_Flaminio/st...55841112150016
    only an optical illusion
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

so it's gonna be easy 2 WDC's for hamster than....now that 2020 and 2021 looks to have same aero regs as current ones.....

Ferrari better work twice as hard in order for that NOT to happen.....otherwise that is gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard for us fans when hamster is gonna surpass Michael 7xWDC

Not what I wanted to see, expected but equally disappointing nonetheless. I hope they will, somehow, put the show on the road because this season is looking more and more like a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Not what I wanted to see, expected but equally disappointing nonetheless. I hope they will, somehow, put the show on the road because this season is looking more and more like a wash.
    Honestly I don't see any racing this year, at least nothing like real championship. Maybe they can organize couple of races at the end of the year if this pandemic passes away (ever), but for the time being there will be no nothing! Things are serious! People be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so it's gonna be easy 2 WDC's for hamster than....now that 2020 and 2021 looks to have same aero regs as current ones.....

Ferrari better work twice as hard in order for that NOT to happen.....otherwise that is gonna be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard for us fans when hamster is gonna surpass Michael 7xWDC
    Drivers still have allot to do with winning a race. Charles , Max , Lewis , [Bottas if you think areo is so big a deal ] If there winds up being any races this year, I for one will be happy watching those boys fight with what they have. Binotto has to show some hope for Ferrari. It would help.

People are dying like flies in Italy, its a war zone. the 2020 season should be cancelled and all development should be frozen and factorys shut down until the virus clears, thats the only way to go if you want fair competition, there is no way Ferrari will be able to function properly and compete at this point.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    People are dying like flies in Italy, its a war zone. the 2020 season should be cancelled and all development should be frozen and factorys shut down until the virus clears, thats the only way to go if you want fair competition, there is no way Ferrari will be able to function properly and compete at this point.
    You mean 'old' people are dying like flies. In Italy, more than 23 percent of the population is over 65, 2nd highest in the world and only behind Japan, so no wonder they're being hit hard by the virus. And with my numerous times visiting Italy, it's not that surprising either. The old people there are pretty stubborn, they do whatever pleases them and don't heed anyone's advice. So now the Italian government need country's military to control the situation and enforce self-isolation.

I guess being stubborn and doing whatever pleases them [esp. vino!] is how they managed to reach old age . But now with this virus; they better listen up ! And fast. Italians pray allot , I can only hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I guess being stubborn and doing whatever pleases them [esp. vino!] is how they managed to reach old age . But now with this virus; they better listen up ! And fast. Italians pray allot , I can only hope that helps.
    Prayers won't help! Only discipline and awareness!

Guys are everyone OK?!

Stay safe!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Guys are everyone OK?!

Stay safe!
    OK here in UK stefa, thanks, but we're more or less locked down now, only going out for food shopping and advised to stay at home at all other times, bars and restaurants all closed but some cafes are doing take away drinks. Missing F1 madly, of course, but we will get through it eventually. Cheers amico!
    Last edited by wisepie; 22nd March 2020 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Ok here in UK stefa, thanks, but we're more or less locked down now, only going out for food shopping and advised to stay at home at all other times, bars and restaurants all closed but some cafes are doing take away drinks. Missing F1 madly, of course, but we will get through it eventually. Cheers amico!
    Same here (Belgrade, Serbia) my friend. Everything is closed. From today curfew is form 17:00 till 05:00. I am just going out to shop with mask and gloves, and to my mom to bring her groceries.
    It is terrible. Yesterday was unfortunately first death, and today second....

We all need to stay sane and get through this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Same here (Belgrade, Serbia) my friend. Everything is closed. From today curfew is form 17:00 till 05:00. I am just going out to shop with mask and gloves, and to my mom to bring her groceries.
    It is terrible. Yesterday was unfortunately first death, and today second....

We all need to stay sane and get through this!!!
    Yes, we just have to have Forza and Buon Coraggio to get through this but I am so sad for our friends in Italy who have so many deaths and restrictions, it makes it hard to believe that things can return to normal any time soon. But we live in hope and as Tifosi we will continue to have faith!

Here in India, our PM announced entire day curfew & people supported. Hardly anyone came out on the roads.
    700+ cases registered, 7 deaths till date.
    It’s at stage 2, local governments are trying hard their best to avoid virus spread.
    It’s a complete shutdown for us till 31st March. International flights are cancelled.
    No one is entered & exit.

Baku GP set to be postponed imminently

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...delay/4772012/

There will not be an F1 season this year and they will run these cars next year for 2021 season. That's my feeling.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees