Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 2020 Challenger Thread

I am concerned about certain things and would appreciate it if someone explains it to me.

So we are horrible in straights and our drivers say not much can be done with lack of power and to much drag. From years we are lagging behind Mercedes and certainly, our drivers are trying hard (some might feel seb doing too many mistakes). This year car is even worse than in past seasons. We might finish third or lower maybe even 5th in the championship and receive a hell lot of less money from F1 which earlier we use to get. Such disaster performance might even trigger a few sponsors to leave us and might cause some issues in terms of money. Of course, I know this is Ferrari and we got money but then again won't this be enough to call for review on the whole team? Not just the team pricipal but many of those who are involved and failed to deliver.
    Forza Ferrari Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Alakshendra View Post
    I am concerned about certain things and would appreciate it if someone explains it to me.

So we are horrible in straights and our drivers say not much can be done with lack of power and to much drag. From years we are lagging behind Mercedes and certainly, our drivers are trying hard (some might feel seb doing too many mistakes). This year car is even worse than in past seasons. We might finish third or lower maybe even 5th in the championship and receive a hell lot of less money from F1 which earlier we use to get. Such disaster performance might even trigger a few sponsors to leave us and might cause some issues in terms of money. Of course, I know this is Ferrari and we got money but then again won't this be enough to call for review on the whole team? Not just the team pricipal but many of those who are involved and failed to deliver.
    Phillip Morris own all advertising space. No danger there. For now Ferrari get biggest money no matter what due to loyalty bonus. No danger there. With more efficient downforce will be fine, current concept devised with last years engine hence now will change from Hungary.

jhd.PNG fgadf.PNG

Heres the frontwing of the ferrari sf90, stay tuned @3dbecks199

Austria 2020 post race week 1

Binotto: "We said that we had to play in defense and we had to maximize every situation. It was certainly a nice surprise. It was a great race by Charles Leclerc
    , who us capable of making fantastic overtakes."

"I am happy with the 2nd place but the performance problems remain. We have a lot of work to do especially for qualifying. We know we have to improve on Sunday too."

Binotto confirmed that in Maranello they are working day and night to bring some parts of the upgrade already next week:

"We are trying to work day and night to bring something of the package, perhaps already next week."

"We don't do this only for the direct comparison but also to separate ourselves from the McLaren, Renault and Racing Point group, because Ferrari has to keep going."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Austria 2020 post race week 1

Binotto: "We said that we had to play in defense and we had to maximize every situation. It was certainly a nice surprise. It was a great race by Charles Leclerc
    , who us capable of making fantastic overtakes."

"I am happy with the 2nd place but the performance problems remain. We have a lot of work to do especially for qualifying. We know we have to improve on Sunday too."

Binotto confirmed that in Maranello they are working day and night to bring some parts of the upgrade already next week:

"We are trying to work day and night to bring something of the package, perhaps already next week."

"We don't do this only for the direct comparison but also to separate ourselves from the McLaren, Renault and Racing Point group, because Ferrari has to keep going."
    So he literally admitted that this year they designed midfield car.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    What would you rather? say it's ok we have no problems lol

And midfield in this F1 is hardly a long way from the front....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What would you rather? say it's ok we have no problems lol

And midfield in this F1 is hardly a long way from the front....
    Now he’s saying he will bring the package to be ahead of midfield. Not to fight with RB or Mercs?
    Then Whats the use of spending millions on car & wasting driver talent.
    Ever since SM passed away, this ferrari team or management is just looking for answers rather than chasing for success.

Now he’s saying he will bring the package to be ahead of midfield. Not to fight with RB or Mercs?
    Then Whats the use of spending millions on car & wasting driver talent.
    Ever since SM passed away, this ferrari team or management is just looking for answers rather than chasing for success.
    Glass half full or empty. He says some of the package to be clear of racing point and McLaren he does not say the whole package which will be in Hungary. In qualifying being faster than McLaren would be level or ahead of Red Bull.

He said they are about 7 tenths off on the straights alone. Upgrades planned are aero upgrades, not engine.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    He said they are about 7 tenths off on the straights alone. Upgrades planned are aero upgrades, not engine.
    7 tenths on straights maybe down to high drag. Engine is rubbish compared to Ferrari 2019 but everyone's was it gained them a second a lap. Engine now is same as everyone elses car is draggy in my opinion. It's becoming apparent engines are at a ceiling after 6 seasons that's why others were so concerned last year and new something was wrong as Ferrari gained 1 second a lap on the straights. Thought they could have a draggy car this year with that engine but it's been taken away. They need to get efficient downforce. They have the target of current downforce just somehow need to achieve this with cutting drag. Another 10km on straights with same downforce they would challenge for the win. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    7 tenths on straights maybe down to high drag. Engine is rubbish compared to Ferrari 2019 but everyone's was it gained them a second a lap. Engine now is same as everyone elses car is draggy in my opinion. It's becoming apparent engines are at a ceiling after 6 seasons that's why others were so concerned last year and new something was wrong as Ferrari gained 1 second a lap on the straights. Thought they could have a draggy car this year with that engine but it's been taken away. They need to get efficient downforce. They have the target of current downforce just somehow need to achieve this with cutting drag. Another 10km on straights with same downforce they would challenge for the win. Here's hoping.
    I wish it was just drag. The fact ALL the Ferrari engined teams are down a lot vs last years car proves the PU is majorly down on power this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I wish it was just drag. The fact ALL the Ferrari engined teams are down a lot vs last years car proves the PU is majorly down on power this year.
    You may be right my friend but could it not also be they all designed cars with an aero platform taking into account the crazy powerful engine from last year? Also last year although crazy in qualifying race pace even on power circuits Merc were much closer like Spa and Monza. In the race today Ferrari engined teams were relatively more competitive than in qualifying. Ferrari looked good in the race with a compromised aero set up even on the straights.

The Alfa Romeo did not have a straight line issue they were right up there on top speed. Will take a few races to compute. After today I am half hoping we might have a weird 2012 style season but with a better ending.

I think FIA's clampdown on our PU has really hurt us.

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Yes it has.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-updates-early/

Ferrari is pushing to have their updates 1 week early. This is great news! However, if they work, we will be labeled as cheaters again as only Merc and RedBull can update a car successfully within the rules right? Lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Red is Best View Post
    Yup. If ferrari wants to win, they should work around its aerodynamic package now.
    I feel it’s a Hercules task for them.
    If we remember 2017 car was 2nd best aero package after Mercs. We lacked engine power.

What if ferrari just update the engine though its frozen and bring a new engine and get some grid penalty or can they say a part of the engine is not reliable and update the part or parts and gain some performance?

I am loosing sleep over ferrari's performance and I want them to win. Feel heartbroken

Quote Originally Posted by FF1 View Post
    What if ferrari just update the engine though its frozen and bring a new engine and get some grid penalty or can they say a part of the engine is not reliable and update the part or parts and gain some performance?

I am loosing sleep over ferrari's performance and I want them to win. Feel heartbroken
    They can't, it's not like just bringinng an update. The engine spec itself is frozen apparently until 2022. You get one update on all internal components. We should use it on engine, but probably won't until the begining of 2021 i'm guessing, unless we somehow end up in a championship battle this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/ferrari-updates-early/

Ferrari is pushing to have their updates 1 week early. This is great news! However, if they work, we will be labeled as cheaters again as only Merc and RedBull can update a car successfully within the rules right? Lol
    It is great news, sounds like someone told Binotto that dragging ass until Hungary is completely unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    They can't, it's not like just bringinng an update. The engine spec itself is frozen apparently until 2022. You get one update on all internal components. We should use it on engine, but probably won't until the begining of 2021 i'm guessing, unless we somehow end up in a championship battle this year.
    I recall in the past a team bringing a new engine spec; or wanting a new engine spec based on reliability. Maybe we should go down that route and say we need it for reliability lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I recall in the past a team bringing a new engine spec; or wanting a new engine spec based on reliability. Maybe we should go down that route and say we need it for reliability lol
    Yes, that's allowed, but our engine is bulletproof. But look at Merc and Redbull (max and stroll) have had reliability issues. We should scream bloody murder if Red Bull or Merc touch ANYTHING.

We should have rushed whatever engine spec we could for Austria, and if it didn't work, upgrade it under the reliability clause.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Yes, that's allowed, but our engine is bulletproof. But look at Merc and Redbull (max and stroll) have had reliability issues. We should scream bloody murder if Red Bull or Merc touch ANYTHING.

We should have rushed whatever engine spec we could for Austria, and if it didn't work, upgrade it under the reliability clause.
    I wouldn’t call it bulletproof after one race, I hope it is. Whatever the case, we need to find a way to update our PU otherwise we will be in for another long, disappointing 2 seasons.

I wouldn’t put it past Merc or RedBull to try to update based on “reliability” issues.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

I wouldn’t call it bulletproof after one race, I hope it is. Whatever the case, we need to find a way to update our PU otherwise we will be in for another long, disappointing 2 seasons.

I wouldn’t put it past Merc or RedBull to try to update based on “reliability” issues.
    Renault got level or close in V8 era with RELIABILITY changes. Time for the big guns to do some deals behind the scenes, do F1 really want their greatest most loyal participant to be fighting for 2 years with hands behind their backs? Good article on an F1 tech site where they speculate could be an Mguk issue. Acceleration good but sharp tail off at 260kmh. Leclerc radio after race said so hard on restarts so was this an Mguk issue? Clutching at straws but Mguk can be updated?

That can be read as him not wanting to be in that midfield. I think that's what he actually means.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    You may be right my friend but could it not also be they all designed cars with an aero platform taking into account the crazy powerful engine from last year? Also last year although crazy in qualifying race pace even on power circuits Merc were much closer like Spa and Monza. In the race today Ferrari engined teams were relatively more competitive than in qualifying. Ferrari looked good in the race with a compromised aero set up even on the straights.

The Alfa Romeo did not have a straight line issue they were right up there on top speed. Will take a few races to compute. After today I am half hoping we might have a weird 2012 style season but with a better ending.
    The car only ever came alive very late in the race, with minimal fuel and the medium tyre hitting a sweet spot. That looks worryingly like 2014 to me but we shall see what the updates bring.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Thx. The last report is that there will only be a new FW for this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    Thx. The last report is that there will only be a new FW for this weekend.
    Other (sky it)say and new floor .
    The thing is that Binotto said that there will be (in Hungary) a big update that will change the concept if the car!!!! This FW dont point to that direction !!!! Just a bit different then the old one like a regular update!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 9th July 2020 at 14:54.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Other (sky it)say and new floor .
    The thing is that Binotto said that there will be (in Hungary) a big update that will change the concept if the car!!!! This FW dont point to that direction !!!! Just a bit different then the old one like a regular update!!!!!!!!
    True. Could it be this FW is not part of the B spec but is introduced separately for this 2nd race? I can't believe a B spec is only tweaking a few bits and flaps right?

Quote Originally Posted by S1000RR View Post
    True. Could it be this FW is not part of the B spec but is introduced separately for this 2nd race? I can't believe a B spec is only tweaking a few bits and flaps right?
    Well, what were you guys expecting? A slim nose like Merc or red bull? That take a lot of work not to mention the car has to undergo another crash test for that.....it ain’t that easy just to slap a totally different nose....besides our car has had the same fat nose since 2017....this is our concept, Ferrari refuse to follow the Merc.....until the new Aero refs in 2022 were stuck with the FAT nose