Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212233 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Just reading that Toro Rosso are intending to use the complete rear end from the Red Bull car for 2019, I thought the rules would have prohibited this so am I to assume it's likely that Alfa (Sauber) and Haas can use the Ferrari rear end? Not sure if the 'rear end' is classified as part of the chassis but constructors are supposed to supply their own chassis.
    Rear end probsbly means gearbox and transmission

Sauber F1 team changes name to Alfa Romeo Racing

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/25...a-romeo-racing

~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Sauber F1 team changes name to Alfa Romeo Racing

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/25...a-romeo-racing

old news, but yeah, i like it too.....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    https://formula1.ferrari.com/en/engine-sound-2019/

new engine startup sound at that link
    Sounds like the stable has a new smoothie machine.

Disappointed Since 2010

I also heard the new McLaren Renault engine, which sounds more high pitched compared to the Ferrari.

https://youtu.be/AtsDzc7eCeE here's how the new McLaren Renault engine sounds.

I have not posted for a long long time like all ferrari fans we wait for a new world champion .Is this Ferraris year to topple the merc or will there be another 1 or 2 strong contenders either way we are going to have an exciting f1 season expect the unexpected that's what I feel .

Besides having 2 or 3 teams fighting for WCC, hopefully we Ferrari fans will see our two drivers fighting each other also for pole and the win each race. Let them #1,#2 points come in big time! WCC !!! Seb needs to be the WDC driver Ferrari took him in for. All the new team bosses etc. should not be an excuse to make unnecessary mistakes. Having Charles allowed to race may just be the cure for Seb to do his best. He for sure doesn't want the rookie taking his spot !!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Besides having 2 or 3 teams fighting for WCC, hopefully we Ferrari fans will see our two drivers fighting each other also for pole and the win each race. Let them #1,#2 points come in big time! WCC !!! Seb needs to be the WDC driver Ferrari took him in for. All the new team bosses etc. should not be an excuse to make unnecessary mistakes. Having Charles allowed to race may just be the cure for Seb to do his best. He for sure doesn't want the rookie taking his spot !!
    Ferrari did consider Charles ... to know vettel that he should be alert & push to the limit.
    Also to cover Ham. Vettel should perform to limit this year, as I think team would be behind him.

[Autosport] Haas sets date for expected Rich Energy-style 2019 F1 livery unveil...........Thursday February 7.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Yessir
    Both titles :

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    Imho RB going with Honda will prove to be a HUGE blunder in their 1st year of partnership at the very least if not longer. Front runners will have to be very wary of Verstappen kamikaze/desperation moves before his
    engine(s) inevitably quit! Looking back on all the years they've wasted at Mclaren and TR I don't understand how anyone could predict otherwise unless you believe in miracles/divine intervention? MB has to flag sooner
    or later and hopefully Ferrari are able and ready to be there and benefit.
    That's what meant before if honda and redbull start off good I think the FIA helped them as they were crying alot.

Quote Originally Posted by sxviper698 View Post
    That's what meant before if honda and redbull start off good I think the FIA helped them as they were crying alot.
    we'll see how RB and honda will stack up in just TWO weeks time in testing....although we're NOT gonna know the real pecking order just from testing.....for that we're gonna have to wait for Q3 in OZ
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

It’s time to start the countdown again

now called Alfa Romeo - could have a surprise in store with the design of its 2019 car.

That is the claim of Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The authoritative sports newspaper claims the new Alfa will have a radical shape as it has been designed with "as little caution as possible".

It is claimed team boss Frederic Vasseur has also recruited staff heavily over the winter period, thanks in part to the collaboration with Ferrari and the signing of Kimi Raikkonen.

The 2019 Sauber has been designed by former Ferrari designer Simone Resta, and will reportedly feature "interesting innovations" not seen on any other F1 car so far.

La Gazzetta dello Sport also said Finn Raikkonen was seen at Sauber's Hinwil factory several times in January.

Hope its quick.

But no info the Ferrari though. We'll have to wait till the launch I guess.

Ferrari plans to increase its F1 budget in 2019

Ferrari plans to increase its Formula 1 budget this season to try to end its long championship win drought, in a move that emphasises its reliance on grand prix success.
    The Italian manufacturer has not won a title since its constructors' championship success in 2008, with Kimi Raikkonen claiming its last drivers' crown the year before.

Ferrari has parted company with Maurizio Arrivabene ahead of the 2019 season and named former chief technical officer Mattia Binotto its new team principal as it attempts to finally beat Mercedes to a title in the V6 turbo-hybrid era.

"While our Formula 1 performance last year was the best one since we won the constructors' championship in 2008, we fell short of our ambition to raise the winners' cup," Ferrari chairman and CEO Louis Camilleri told investors in a conference call last week.

"Our objective going forward remains the same as it has always been, to win.

"In 2019 we project an increase in spending which partially reflects this ambition, but also includes the development expenditures required to address the new tactical regulations that will form part of the envisaged Concorde agreement that should come into force in 2021."

It is not clear what Camilleri meant by his reference to development work around F1's planned 2021 overhaul given there are still no confirmed technical regulations.

However, a broad concept of the engine rules, evolving the current specification of turbocharged hybrids, has been publicly outlined.

Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes have reservations over how F1 owner Liberty Media's planned 2021 revolution will work, particularly the practical application of cost-capping elements like limiting team spending.

Camilleri had already softened Ferrari's stance from the quit threats made by his predecessor, the late Sergio Marchionne.

The confirmation it is preparing a bigger spend in 2019, with one eye on the 2021 changes, is a further shuffle away from an F1 exit.

Latest defeat prompts financial rethink

Only last November Ferrari's chief financial officer Antonio Picca Piccon said a €5million decrease in industrial costs and research and development was "mainly to lower spending in Formula 1 activities".

There are likely many factors behind the reverse for 2019, not least the fact F1's shifting landscape makes it difficult to achieve consistent spending.

In terms of tangible financial changes, Ferrari credits a €16million increase in the company's overall sponsorship, commercial and brand revenues in 2018 to more sponsorship and finishing second in the 2017 constructors' championship.

That result, which Ferrari sustained in 2018, meant it was awarded more F1 prize money last year, having slumped to third in 2016.

And while it has not recovered the third engine customer it lost when Toro Rosso switched to Renault for 2017, Ferrari has presumably benefitted from Sauber opting for contemporary engines for 2018 after having a cheaper, year-old supply before.

Ferrari will also have a lower driver-salary spend this year given Kimi Raikkonen has been replaced by young rising star Charles Leclerc.

While that presumably gives Ferrari more flexibility over how it applies its existing funds, it was clear last year it was outgunned and out-developed by a Mercedes team unafraid to react to increased pressure and dig into its own pockets.

Given Camilleri said last November that Ferrari is "doing everything we can to win" but had watched its title drought extend to a full decade, its decision to add even more financial firepower is not surprising.

The factors that make F1 so vital

It is also a case study in how Ferrari remains immune to the common fate that befalls manufacturers that have long spells without major success in motor racing.

Other manufacturers tend to walk away but, despite Ferrari's often public negotiation tactic of threatening exactly that, it is clear from its actions and the narrative of its financial reports that F1 is too important for the manufacturer to seriously to do so.

Ferrari's position is that its success in F1 and its "significant" expenses are two of the key influential factors in the overall performance of the company.

If it does not spend appropriately it risks poorer results, a smaller share of prize money, a tougher challenge of finding new or renewed sponsorship and an overall detraction from the brand's value.

The F1 programme is cited as "the core element of our marketing effort", which means Ferrari is able to avoid traditional, ultra-expensive advertising activities because of what F1 does to the "prestige, identity, and appeal of the Ferrari brand".

While its high research and development costs are "mainly" those incurred for its F1 programme, Ferrari also acknowledges they are "fundamental" to the development of its road-car range.

But a prolonged period without success, let alone not participating at all, would have a direct, adverse effect on the business.

That is why Ferrari's commitment of hundreds of millions of euros to F1 every year is being added to for 2019, rather than being seriously under threat for the years that follow.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

[Autobild] Hartley and Wehrlein are simulator drivers at Ferrari.

Considering how important simulator work is and how Ferrari always took a step forward from Friday to Saturday, it‘s great news for them to have 4 simulator drivers now. Also Hartley worked with Honda/RB and Wehrlein knows the Mercedes simulator work.

Wehrlein about joining Ferrari as a sim driver : "It makes me extremely proud and it is an honor for me to work for Ferrari. I've been in Maranello and I've felt an atmosphere there that I've never experienced before. Ferrari is just something very special."

Wehrlein about his job as a simulator driver at Ferrari: "I will do everything to help Sebastian Vettel and the entire Ferrari team to win the championship. They deserve it more than anything."

Mattia Binotto about simulator drivers: "They are extremely important and can be more or less compared to the testing days, which are extremely limited today."

Ferrari said that the main simulator work will be done by Pascal Wehrlein (at least when there are no overlaps with Formula E)

*****sidenote on "project 670" color

According to some sources close to Ferrari, the colour of the 2019 car hasn't been decided yet. The temporary colour is opaque red/orange. Binotto doesn't like that and prefers the dark red version. His team will decide between these two colours.

All very well and we can hope it works, but with the threat of a future cap on spending by teams, it gets harder to justify if the long-term health of F1 is to be protected and the teams lower down the grid will be less than happy. On another note, Ferrari are really going for it by taking on 4 simulator drivers for this year, Brendan Hartley, Pascal Wehrlein, Davide Rigon and Antonio Fuoco, you can't say they're not determined!!
    Last edited by wisepie; 4th February 2019 at 16:45.

That's why I believe Antonio G. will prove to be a top driver. He spent so long doing simulator time with Ferrari he has to be a genius as to what goes on. Now he gets his on track skills racing along with Kimi! He may very well prove to be "The Guy!"

That's why I believe Antonio G. will prove to be a top driver. He spent so long doing simulator time with Ferrari he has to be a genius as to what goes on. Now he gets his on track skills racing along with Kimi! He may very well prove to be "The Guy!"
    you mean, taking over Seb in 2020 when he gets the boot....if he keeps making mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [Autobild] Hartley and Wehrlein are simulator drivers at Ferrari.

Considering how important simulator work is and how Ferrari always took a step forward from Friday to Saturday, it‘s great news for them to have 4 simulator drivers now. Also Hartley worked with Honda/RB and Wehrlein knows the Mercedes simulator work.

Wehrlein about joining Ferrari as a sim driver : "It makes me extremely proud and it is an honor for me to work for Ferrari. I've been in Maranello and I've felt an atmosphere there that I've never experienced before. Ferrari is just something very special."

Wehrlein about his job as a simulator driver at Ferrari: "I will do everything to help Sebastian Vettel and the entire Ferrari team to win the championship. They deserve it more than anything."

Mattia Binotto about simulator drivers: "They are extremely important and can be more or less compared to the testing days, which are extremely limited today."

Ferrari said that the main simulator work will be done by Pascal Wehrlein (at least when there are no overlaps with Formula E)

*****sidenote on "project 670" color

According to some sources close to Ferrari, the colour of the 2019 car hasn't been decided yet. The temporary colour is opaque red/orange. Binotto doesn't like that and prefers the dark red version. His team will decide between these two colours.
    It is supposed to be just Ferrari red!?!?! What the hell...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    you mean, taking over Seb in 2020 when he gets the boot....if he keeps making mistakes
    Exactly, Charles is already on board; and Kimi coming back a third time ? . This year will be really great for all F-1 fans, with so much going on. Please FIA; stay away!

Ferrari is really going all out this year. We will have FOUR pilots working on the simulator!!!

This has to be the one! A massive potential to unleash.

Pascal Wehrlein
    Brandon Hartley
    Antonio Fuoco
    Davide Rigon

The threat from Leclerc will push Seb to up his game or (I hope not) make more mistakes. Either / or as long as we deny the silver star victories I'm happy.

Sauber is now officially fully AlfaRomeo and hence a Ferrari junior team with the veteran Kimi at work and the promising Giovinazzi. Upgrades can be spread out between 3 teams (HAAS, Alfa, Ferrari) for testing now and the progress should be much much quicker.

Can't wait till the 1st GP. Last year at launch the Ferrari looked stunningly gorgeous and you could tell it was going to be quick. This year they're launching the new car on my birthday hehehe so I'd be over the moon if we bag the titles

[AutoBild] FIAT paid 6 million € for changing Sauber‘s name into Alfa Romeo Racing, a team that still belongs to Islero Investments. It is revealed that Fiat boss John Elkann has been given an option to buy the whole Sauber F1 Team. This option is valid until summer.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DypCRx4X4AEdf_Z.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DypCRx2XQAA-4NI.jpg

@nani_23

UK home secretary clears Vijay Mallya's extradition to India

https://www.businesstoday.in/current...ry/317051.html

India fights for the jewels of Vijay Mallya’s former empire (Lawyers probe complex company structures in hunt for homes and assets of tarnished tycoon)

https://www.thenational.ae/world/eur...mpire-1.822395

If the driver who wins the first race was not the driver starting on pole; I believe it will be a best driver year as opposed to the best car. There are for sure 3 drivers who each believe WDC should and will be their's. New wings and things for sure will help; but the hungry driver will make this season just great for all F-1 fans! The great line up of rookies will for sure be on the minds of the already WDC drivers !!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    @nani_23

UK home secretary clears Vijay Mallya's extradition to India

https://www.businesstoday.in/current...ry/317051.html

India fights for the jewels of Vijay Mallya’s former empire (Lawyers probe complex company structures in hunt for homes and assets of tarnished tycoon)

https://www.thenational.ae/world/eur...mpire-1.822395
    It’s elections time in India. Here govt will show up something. That’s it.
    Nothing will happen to him. We saw the same with SAHARA airlines Subrata Roy, 2G scam Raja, Nirav Modi Punjab National bank etc...!!

Not news or a rumor but it gave me a chuckle or two.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...0rrLcISKI.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post

Quite amusing and so very true! I admit that some of the inane and stupid questions the media put to the drivers pre and post race would make me want to shoot myself. I really feel for them but of course they are getting paid for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiklub View Post

Gosh that was such a good read on a dull February evening. Thank you for posting

Forza Jules