Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    from my understanding Greig ( and please prove me if i'm wrong), the Merc has broken the gentlemans agreement wiht Ferrari and introduced their 4th engine in Spa (which in terms or oil usage it (that engine) can still be using 1.2L of oil per 100kg of fuel) whereas from Monza onwards any upgraded engine taht is being being introduced (and that is including Ferrari from the rumors) will have to conform to the new rules of 0.9l of oil usage per 100Kg of fuel.

so dont' really knwo how the "new rules" per say it's gonna help us or be in our favour.....
    It appears the FIA don't like the idea of one team loopholing them so openly, so they are gonna enforce still the 0.9 L rule on them too from Monza onwards, not whistanding they used the engine in Spa. Haas F1 engine PU was our new model, it uses only 0.9 L as the rules says.

Would be great to know how good was the PU for Haas

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    Go Ferrari, beat them all!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    there was no "gentlemans agreement" between Mercedes and Ferrari....
    then what about this article?? just somebody made it up....

http://www.thisisf1.com/2017/08/28/m...s_agreement%2F

Quote Originally Posted by Aberracus View Post
    It appears the FIA don't like the idea of one team loopholing them so openly, so they are gonna enforce still the 0.9 L rule on them too from Monza onwards, not whistanding they used the engine in Spa. Haas F1 engine PU was our new model, it uses only 0.9 L as the rules says.

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    going by their performance on track, NOT that good.....ha, ha...

then again, it's HAAS.....lol

Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

going by their performance on track, NOT that good.....ha, ha...

then again, it's HAAS.....lol
    GRO finished 7, and MAG was in the points until the restart when his tyres and breaks were too cold and failed...

Nothing bad really

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk

then what about this article?? just somebody made it up....

http://www.thisisf1.com/2017/08/28/m...s_agreement%2F
    post #15 under the thread Mercedes breaks 'gentleman's agreement' - report

first sentence......with regards to the posted article (thisisF1.......) I cannot speak for the journalist or said article. Personally, I never read or saw an article at the start or

during the year of said agreement.

GRO finished 7, and MAG was in the points until the restart when his tyres and breaks were too cold and failed...

Nothing bad really

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    i guess you're right there; they did pretty good and mostly wsa due to the engine as their car is not as good or efficient as the Ferrari, NOT by a mile anyway....same with Mercedes and the other teams that have Mercedes engines

so our car being the WORKS team, i'm pretty sure teh "new" engine is going to make it that much faster compared to the current engine we ran at Spa

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixfsyoGKlmE He say same thinks? Motorsport write that every team can burn oil 0,9 liters per 100kq and this rule dont depend were you introduse the engine .This is from Monza.I hope it will be good for us in Italy
    Last edited by farid-baku; 28th August 2017 at 20:35.

Does anyone else have more info or know for a fact that we’re gonna introduce a 4th and upgraded engine in Monza??
    I’ve heard them talk (comentators like pat Simmonds and the likes after the GP the other day) that Ferrari will bring an updated engine at Monza, one that will have the 3D steel printed pistons which will probably give us more power by being able to raise the pressure in the combustion chambers, obviously that’s a no brainer.

But going by this older article from back in January, the creator of this article was saying that Ferrari will introduce such piston designs as early as beginning of the season; so does that mean we ARE ALREDY running these pistons in our engine from the beginning of the season??

I’m a bit confused….and here’s the article I’m talking about

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...inting-870008/
    I don't know if the upgrade is coming but we can expect new engine for sure given our home race and nature of the circuit... I don't think Ferrari will miss the opportunity of introducing upgrade with the new engine even if it's not the steel pistons it must have some other upgrades
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    But this article contradicts what you've said..

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-limit-946538/
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    But this article contradicts what you've said..

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...-limit-946538/
    Ok thats very bad news for us.
    That only shows mercedes is really afraid of losing the oil burning advantage.

What will happen on Monza ? The new PU is gonna be slower with the oil burning rule? If we introduce it at monza it will mean we are less dependant than mercedes on oil burning (otherwise we can run the 3rd one again).

Go Ferrari Go !

Cool

Ok thats very bad news for us.
    That only shows mercedes is really afraid of losing the oil burning advantage.

What will happen on Monza ? The new PU is gonna be slower with the oil burning rule? If we introduce it at monza it will mean we are less dependant than mercedes on oil burning (otherwise we can run the 3rd one again).

Go Ferrari Go !
    Even I expected mercs to introduce a new engine at spa so I don't think our engineers would have been caught out by the move and I don't think our engineers to be fools to have not expected that.. so I can only draw one conclusion from not introducing the engine that is the new engine coming in moza are going to give us a major advantage..!! Don't fear when the steel pistons are here..
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Even I expected mercs to introduce a new engine at spa so I don't think our engineers would have been caught out by the move and I don't think our engineers to be fools to have not expected that.. so I can only draw one conclusion from not introducing the engine that is the new engine coming in moza are going to give us a major advantage..!! Don't fear when the steel pistons are here..
    Mercedes said the new PU only brought 0.1s per lap; Mark Hughes said it was up to 0.15s per lap. Thats with same amount of oil burn, i think that Merc will be around 0.2 faster when they use higher amount of oil in comparison to our 3rd spec PU , so it would be nice if our new engine can be that faster

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Mercedes said the new PU only brought 0.1s per lap; Mark Hughes said it was up to 0.15s per lap. Thats with same amount of oil burn, i think that Merc will be around 0.2 faster when they use higher amount of oil in comparison to our 3rd spec PU , so it would be nice if our new engine can be that faster
    Yes it would be and I'm a bit suspicious about the Fia's decision on oil restrictions... Y they prolonged it to Monza couldn't they have imposed it in the very next race itself..?
    Last edited by Zerocool; 29th August 2017 at 12:51. Reason: Typo
    FERRARI FOREVER...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    to bad Vet could not use DRS on Ham

Mercedes Oil Burning < Ferrari HP + Upgrades

to bad Vet could not use DRS on Ham
    That was no drs, just slipstreaming, he came form the pits.

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk

That was no drs, just slipstreaming, he came form the pits.

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk
    no mate it was slipstream and drs, just watch the video an you will see the drs go green when activated

no mate it was slipstream and drs, just watch the video an you will see the drs go green when activated
    You are right !

Go Ferrari go!
    Sent using Tapatalk

FIA clearly says: By Monza GP forward no matter which engine you have - permitted oil usage is max. 0,9 L per race.

I hope we could be better in Monza with this new dirrective plus the fact that we have brand new engine - against theirs 1 race old one.
    Decreasing from 1,2 L to 0,9 L will sure hurt them too... at least few hp less avaliable or who knows maybe engine reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by bobi_ve View Post
    FIA clearly says: By Monza GP forward no matter which engine you have - permitted oil usage is max. 0,9 L per race.

I hope we could be better in Monza with this new dirrective plus the fact that we have brand new engine - against theirs 1 race old one.
    Decreasing from 1,2 L to 0,9 L will sure hurt them too... at least few hp less avaliable or who knows maybe engine reliability.
    http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2017...i-una.html?m=1

We might not bring the updated PU to Monza

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2017...i-una.html?m=1

We might not bring the updated PU to Monza
    reading that article does NOT give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the NEW spec engine #4; they seem to have run it in the HAAS cars but from reading this article it seems that there may be some reliabilty concerns and that Ferrari may NOT run it in Monza...

oh, as as far as "steel" pistons being in the updated engine, well i guess this article also states taht ther is NO such thing for this engine....so that's a downer also...

dont' know how credible this source is, but let's hope for the best from Ferrari

reading that article does NOT give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about the NEW spec engine #4; they seem to have run it in the HAAS cars but from reading this article it seems that there may be some reliabilty concerns and that Ferrari may NOT run it in Monza...

oh, as as far as "steel" pistons being in the updated engine, well i guess this article also states taht ther is NO such thing for this engine....so that's a downer also...

dont' know how credible this source is, but let's hope for the best from Ferrari
    Yeah I had the same feeling....... And with an old engine our chances of winning the home race are smaller and smaller

ferrari should wait till after singapore to introduce the new engine, atleast the 1.2 limit will remain on ferrari too instead of the 0.9 trash rules by fia

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    ferrari should wait till after singapore to introduce the new engine, atleast the 1.2 limit will remain on ferrari too instead of the 0.9 trash rules by fia
    you've got a good point there, but dont' forget taht our #3 engine has done 4 races already ( i may be wrong though) and with Monza being a power engine is a lot to ask for an engine with that much mileage, but at least liek you said we can use 1.2L of oil also, whereas if we introduced a NEW engine we woudl have to (thanks to the FIA) comply to the 0.9l of oil to burn.

so we'll see what decision Ferrari will take
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

you've got a good point there, but dont' forget taht our #3 engine has done 4 races already ( i may be wrong though) and with Monza being a power engine is a lot to ask for an engine with that much mileage, but at least liek you said we can use 1.2L of oil also, whereas if we introduced a NEW engine we woudl have to (thanks to the FIA) comply to the 0.9l of oil to burn.

so we'll see what decision Ferrari will take
    PU nr. 3 should still be good for around 2-3 races (since it's only used during qualy & race so it has not a high milleage onboard), we can do both Monza & Singapore with it and bring on the last upgrade (Sepang) for the final races + PU nr. 2 should also be in the loop for Friday practices pretty much everywhere.

Yeah it wouldn't make much sense using the new engine in Monza when it has an oil burning restriction unless it's that much of an upgrade to make it faster than the current Merc engine.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

In regards to FIA decision, why is it that Merc customers teams have to abide to the 0.9lt rule while the factory team does not?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I know this is a sport of marginal gains, so marginal losses mean something too. But really, over race distance, how much performance do we really lose from 0.3L oil?

Or are we thinking it isn't so much the power loss from the oil as the power loss from combustion in general with reduction in lubricant?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
    I know this is a sport of marginal gains, so marginal losses mean something too. But really, over race distance, how much performance do we really lose from 0.3L oil?

Or are we thinking it isn't so much the power loss from the oil as the power loss from combustion in general with reduction in lubricant?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    It is 0.3l per 100kms so it is 1lt a race. Secondly, as far as I know the additives in engine oil is not regulated as fuel. So they may need it for their combustion optimization.

Ask the reverse question. Why did Mercedes rush to introduce their 4th engine before Monza if it was insignificant?