Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Barcelona testing(Circuit de Catalunya)

Dani R said most teams are running conservative, i wonder when they turn up the engines how that will effect things, Honda and Renault suddenly super reliable engines hmmm time will tell
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    on the long runs / second half of the day i saw a lot of times leclerc was doing 1:24s and bottas doing 1:22s, i wonder what program they were running , hopefully not the same, we've seen last year how much more merc sandbags than anyone else even Karun said they are the team holding there cards the most, and Merc and RB(they said 100%) have lot more things to introduce by melbourne on the post show.

Good times, i hope we get a rainy day atleast once to test things out, hope vettel gets a super clean day tomorrow so far so good
    Yesterday Vet did a lot in 1:20s 1:21s
    Not much to read on those either. (As on the best laps)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Dani R said most teams are running conservative, i wonder when they turn up the engines how that will effect things, Honda and Renault suddenly super reliable engines hmmm time will tell
    Yep, especially Mercedes. They are methodical and like playing the long game.

2 different approaches to testing. 1 is behind the scenes splitting their drivers and not gaining much press news while the other is up front and running the same drivers each day and all over the news. It's interesting. The "German" (Austrian really) approach and the Italian approach.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Daniel Ricciardo said the only team that stood out from these 2 days is Ferrari because there is strong performance and strong reliability.

İ think this all words just politics and Mercedes mind games real picture we all see in Melbrune Q3 and in race when we see how much is degeadation and wich car how eat the rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yep, especially Mercedes. They are methodical and like playing the long game.

2 different approaches to testing. 1 is behind the scenes splitting their drivers and not gaining much press news while the other is up front and running the same drivers each day and all over the news. It's interesting. The "German" (Austrian really) approach and the Italian approach.
    YUP!! avoiding any unnecessary pressure and avoiding eyes on them while they cruise through there program while all focus is on ferrari and its front wing
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Yesterday Vet did a lot in 1:20s 1:21s
    Not much to read on those either. (As on the best laps)
    okay thats good

still not sure if these are new, i dont think they are like the mercs or Rb rim cooling tyre solutions but looks bit different in the one they tried for very few laps

Launch spec

few lap spec

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

For those commenting on the “simple” rear suspension of Ferrari - rumours (autobild) are staying the Ferrari is squatting on the straights which franz tost is apparently quoted as saying gives us half a second over merc on the straights. Additionally, the Ferrari is also reportedly super stable under late braking and corner entry.

It’s all heresay for now, but a pertinent point all the same. APPEARANCES ARE NOT EVERYTHING

So far, people were concerned about the front wing and rear suspension - and it’s those two concepts currently being lauded by tech reporters. Subject to change of course - but demonstrates that FERRARI KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING, specifically better than casual fans posting on some forum.

As the meme from like 2011 said: STAY CALM and CARRY ON. It’s allllll part of the fun

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    For those commenting on the “simple” rear suspension of Ferrari - rumours (autobild) are staying the Ferrari is squatting on the straights which franz tost is apparently quoted as saying gives us half a second over merc on the straights. Additionally, the Ferrari is also reportedly super stable under late braking and corner entry.

It’s all heresay for now, but a pertinent point all the same. APPEARANCES ARE NOT EVERYTHING

So far, people were concerned about the front wing and rear suspension - and it’s those two concepts currently being lauded by tech reporters. Subject to change of course - but demonstrates that FERRARI KNOW WHAT THEYRE DOING, specifically better than casual fans posting on some forum.

As the meme from like 2011 said: STAY CALM and CARRY ON. It’s allllll part of the fun
    thanks to the hydraulic suspension......new for 2019.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Great testing days for ferrari so far a new direction with operations and principals and a new found phylosopy and place in the mix a new fast young gun with the world's best car maker and bang results will flow the ferrari SF 90 is a brilliantly designed car and its fast.

March 16 can't come soon enough. Just a few more weeks.

Disappointed Since 2010

Looks like Ferrari is burning through/blistering it’s tyres pretty severely. Haven’t see. A pic without blisters almost

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Looks like Ferrari is burning through/blistering it’s tyres pretty severely. Haven’t see. A pic without blisters almost
    i noticed that too

gotta say i kinda like the glossy looking tyres

So does mercedes have a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Indeed, the Mercedes fronts had heavy signs of wear. Ferrari have a new suspension and it's only natural to start finding the best geometry setup hence the high mileage, higher then everyone else so far.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    if you can please send me link of image or post it here

Quote Originally Posted by WRX202 View Post
    Indeed, the Mercedes fronts had heavy signs of wear. Ferrari have a new suspension and it's only natural to start finding the best geometry setup hence the high mileage, higher then everyone else so far.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    im very interesting on ferrari's new rims and if it worked, it was used on very seldom laps apparently. not sure if its tyre cooling like mercs since it has none of those holes designs like they had

if you can please send me link of image or post it here
    lewis-hamilton-mercedes-amg-f1-1 (1).jpg

lewis-hamilton-mercedes-amg-f1-1.jpg

Not easy to see as clear as the image of the Ferrari further up since there's a wheel lock but you can tell there is a defined black line in the fronts. It was present almost on every run and compound they used.

thank you,i can see it, not sure why the pics with ferrari usually have darker looking marks maybe the gloss giving it that added harshness or something

thank you,i can see it, not sure why the pics with ferrari usually have darker looking marks maybe the gloss giving it that added harshness or something
    Because in the image of the the Ferrari it has a blocked wheel under braking. For me F1 is all in the little details ;)

Because in the image of the the Ferrari it has a blocked wheel under braking. For me F1 is all in the little details ;)
    lol good point the other images i seen on twitter with the ferrari blisters are similar to the merc ones

Seb was driving on the full wets just now

For anyone before they ask this link is streaming the tests again:

https://strims.gg/somuchforsubtlety

working fine ;)

Today is the day we get to see Williams.... I guess......

[AMuS] About Leclerc's longrun and the the Ferrari taking the tyres a little too hard (graining). We asked another rival team. Leclerc started the longrun not on fresh tyres but on old tyres (8 laps). It's no wonder his lap times fall off at the end.
    maybe this is why i saw leclerc in the high 1:24s for awhile while mercs was doing lots of 1:22s , the graining is very high but its testing lets hope they work on that

For anyone before they ask this link is streaming the tests again:

https://strims.gg/somuchforsubtlety

working fine ;)

Today is the day we get to see Williams.... I guess......
    i have a feeling kubica is going to disappoint people this year, just remembering williams say that sergey was chosen because he was quicker than robert

i have a feeling kubica is going to disappoint people this year, just remembering williams say that sergey was chosen because he was quicker than robert
    Looking forward tbh to see Robert behind the wheel. It was such a pity whatever happened to him. I clearly remember him pushing the BMW powered Sauber back in the days.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE