Page 5 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193055 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 F1 news

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Well Kvyat did drive for RB
    Yeah but that was 2015, probably what he knows is irrelevant to us. Besides, we got new aero regulations now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    He'll just be a development driver like JEV. It looks like the team prefers former TR drivers to assist with development.

Kvyat to work in Ferrari simulator

Daniil Kvyat's new job in formula one will see him work mainly in the Ferrari driver simulator.

The famous Italian team has announced that the Russian and Red Bull refugee has been signed up as a development driver.

Asked what Kvyat will be doing in 2018, a Ferrari spokesman told Tass news agency: "The role of development driver is normally associated with work in the simulator.
    That should be easy for him then.............CRASH!!...reset.............CRASH !!!...reset..

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    [arms up in the air with shoulder shrug]

Kvyat did well with STR then RB......no pressure....then Max came along and suddenly....PRESSURE....and thats when Mr. Torpedo got demoted back to STR.

I don't know what to say. Then the history with Vettel, which I'm sure both drivers will work things out.

Why am I smelling Russian money in this deal??
    You're probably right about the Russian money, but Kvyat was indeed a thorn in our side too many times in the past. I assume that GIO is still our 3rd driver, as well as having Friday practice runs with Sauber, but it's getting pretty confusing as to who is supposed to be doing what and why.

I'd rather have Kyvat crashing into a Mercedes than into a Ferrari ;)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

“Ferrari's new car has shown surprisingly good results in the team's simulations. This is claimed by the Italian Gazzetta dello Sport, citing sources in Maranello.

The team was pleasantly surprised by the test data of the new car, with which the team has to fight for world the title that the Scuderia has not won for 10 years.”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I am not getting hyped about this, as every year at this time it is same story. Let's wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I am not getting hyped about this, as every year at this time it is same story. Let's wait and see!
    Yup, Stefa you got that right, every year is the same “COPY & PASTE” story
    I won’t hold my break until until winter testing, and even that won’t tell the clear picture of where everyone is, as teams usually test their own things and everything should be taken with a grain of salt

The best picture will be in OZ come Q3
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Very true.

Very true. However, maybe it's a good indication that the Italian media is praising Ferrari's work during the winter. Wasn't the Italian media always skeptic? Nevertheless, i completely agree with you, we should not get over ourselves because of this. Let's wait and see.

Very true. However, maybe it's a good indication that the Italian media is praising Ferrari's work during the winter. Wasn't the Italian media always skeptic? Nevertheless, i completely agree with you, we should not get over ourselves because of this. Let's wait and see.
    Isn't it the other way round, when the media praising Ferrari winter progress it always turns out a disappointing result on track?

Guess I won't buy any rumors and wait for the real thing on track testing.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorus8864 View Post
    Isn't it the other way round, when the media praising Ferrari winter progress it always turns out a disappointing result on track?

Guess I won't buy any rumors and wait for the real thing on track testing.
    Yeah maybe it's the other way around lol.

Williams makes it official. Sirotkin is in. Most of us saw this coming 2 weeks ago, no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Williams makes it official. Sirotkin is in. Most of us saw this coming 2 weeks ago, no surprise.
    Yeah, i was just waiting for it to be official. Let's see if he's better than Stroll. Kubica signed as a test driver though...

Sergio Marchionne:
    "I was in Maranello the last few days and I found the design guys almost too relaxed. I can only conclude that either we have made a crap car or a real beast!

“We’ve put everything into it, to have a super strong car. You’ll have to wait until February 22 when we present it,” he told Italy’s Gazetta dello Sport.
    Again im not get carried away. All we read this days is just rumours and hypes.
    On this particular statement of SM ,i m just thinking that after 2016s fiasco, he will use his words carefully!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Sergio Marchionne:

Again im not get carried away. All we read this days is just rumours and hypes.
    On this particular statement of SM ,i m just thinking that after 2016s fiasco, he will use his words carefully!!!
    It's much more likely that the team is simply trying its very best - and makes a car that'll be 2nd or 3rd in the WCC

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    It's much more likely that the team is simply trying its very best - and makes a car that'll be 2nd or 3rd in the WCC
    I really hope (and wish) that they will prove you wrong!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I really hope (and wish) that they will prove you wrong!!!
    Me too"......let’s hope the F2018 or whatever they wanna call it will be an ABSOLUTE beast....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Sauber could become a full fledged Alfa Romeo works team according Swiss team's boss Frederic Vasseur.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Me too"......let’s hope the F2018 or whatever they wanna call it will be an ABSOLUTE and RELIABLE beast....
    FIFY mate........unbelievable that this is the focus for 2018!!! what happened to F1 with this whole hybrid era??

yeah there was no need to be reliable before the hybrids....oh wait.
    Forza Ferrari

Don't worry, Byrne is coming to save the team..... again.. Oh Wait.

Last year there was absolutely no hype released by the team for the 2017 contender. On second thought, how there could be after the 2016 debacle.

Happy new year everyone!

I'm sure Ferrari engineers are working their rears off but let's not forget racing is all relative, everything depends on what Mercedes are doing. Really really hope we can wipe that stupid smile off Toto's face this season

F 1 is all about fan patronage , attendance at the races, esp. in the countries that actually know and love F1. Liberty needs to realize in a hurry , it's Ferrari's turn to be the winner WCC!! Red Bull is in almost every sport on earth, they won't quit F 1. It's just another sport for them to advertise in. Before any more tough on the sport rules and regulations are considered, the big shots should consider if the fans will hate or accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Red Bull is in almost every sport on earth, they won't quit F 1.
    But F1 is by far the most expensive sport they are in. I think they'll quit if the regulations harm them but i think they'll reach some kind of a compromise.

But F1 is by far the most expensive sport they are in. I think they'll quit if the regulations harm them but i think they'll reach some kind of a compromise.
    I hope your right, compromise is the answer. More fans drink Red Bull than FIA & Liberty big shots combined!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom Hearts View Post
    Don't worry, Byrne is coming to save the team..... again.. Oh Wait.
    and that is the second thing that is always talked about around this time of year....

and that is the second thing that is always talked about around this time of year....
    ha, ha....like the magical floor made of special materials designed by Byrne back in 2012, NO???

same usual stories arise this time of year......

Rory has bone his work for this year ,and he's already working on 2019!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!