Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Spa-Francorchamps: Practices & Quaifying

How is our race pace compared to Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Note to the team: "Remember to fill both cars."
    +1....Kimi was shaking his head in the pits. Unbelievable he ran out of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    Gee! Look at how the sun shines on Lewis' face in the post qualifying interview! How many time have you sold your soul to get this lucky, Lewis?!
    You better should focus why Ferrari screwed Kimi for Vettel again instead of moaning about the sun shining in Hamilton's face.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Well, if Ham goes on to win the championship again, it’s because he’s the top dog out there. He can even win with the second best car on the grid.
    Agreed but the season is long still.

We just need a clean start tom and we have a strong chance. This is a way different circuit than in Hungary and Lewis doesn't have his moving chicane to cover his rear. Then again, our strategists and pit crew should be focused and not screw us up again!

Mercs carrying more wing than Ferrari ... so middle sector they r fastest. S1&S3 they r slow compared to ferrari.
    If it stays dry tmrw. Vet should take ham at S1. That’s the only chance.

How come ferrari missed kimi’s fuel board. Great ... good start after summer break. Costly mistake.!! Every mistake will haunt ferrari badly, with fastest car they aren’t delivering the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    In a way starting 2nd isn't too bad considering how close seb came to overtaking Hamilton last year, both at the start and restart. Atleast we have a good PU this year.
    Ferrari had a good PU last year as well..

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    Well, if Ham goes on to win the championship again, it’s because he’s the top dog out there. He can even win with the second best car on the grid.
    well he (Luise) has hte second best car on the grid....too bad our #1 driver is pretty rubbish with the BEST car on the grid
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

P2 is not bad, we have long Kemmel straight & better PU, that’s where Vettel’s chances are

Last time Lewis said, ferrari had the fastest car. But mercs as a team delivering the best that is getting these results.
    Now I agree with his statement.

Quote Originally Posted by da_one View Post
    We just need a clean start tom and we have a strong chance. This is a way different circuit than in Hungary and Lewis doesn't have his moving chicane to cover his rear. Then again, our strategists and pit crew should be focused and not screw us up again!
    They have Ocon in 3rd on the inside line who is merc no.3 the amount of times he has helped hamilton, lookout for him "accidentally" taking out Vettel and getting a nice seat at Williams
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    They have Ocon in 3rd on the inside line who is merc no.3 the amount of times he has helped hamilton, lookout for him "accidentally" taking out Vettel and getting a nice seat at Williams

I'm not woried about tomorrow in any weather conditions. Over a course of an entire race distance the power advantage should come into play. With this grid now it's just a little bit more difficult but we should be OK and win without any mechanical or technical problems. Over one lap in changing conditions anything can happen and Lewis drove the best lap. Seb looked like he was playing it safe. Too bad about Kimi because he could have been on pole. Why did he come in? He was shaking his head in the garage. Had someone gambled on inters straight out fo the pits that would have been the pole lap. Bottas was first out of the pits probably being ready for a tow but spun. It wouldn't have made a difference as they all pitted on that out lap anyway.

If Seb gets a clean start, he may get a chance going into Le Combes on lap one or when the DRS is available. He Seb isn't P1 after 5 laps I don't think it will happen.

Kimi can still be on the podium.

If Seb gets a clean start, he may get a chance going into Le Combes on lap one or when the DRS is available. He Seb isn't P1 after 5 laps I don't think it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post

It’s the gap cut down on ham, that is needed for the hour. Isn’t happening, last 3 races ferrari are really unlucky. Wet track spoiled their chances, I’m surprised that Ferrari didn’t overcome it.

To all the pessimists.
    It can change with a DNF for Lewis.
    Over the course of a season luck evens out and fastest car comes on top.
    He has the pole but remember this is a fast track without those thinner tyres.
    Race is where it is all decided.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Given Seb's gap to Hamilton in the WDC it is understandable he would take it a bit more cautiously.
    He is second. Kimi is 6th but I expect him to be 3rd with 2 or 3 laps.
    "I really don't know what happened" - Lewis Hamilton (frequently)

Vettel to radio was saying it was very messy, as they'v both seen something during Q3, but they will discuss it afterwards. Wonder how badly kimi must be fuming
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Vettel: It was just not as calm as I think it could have been. It didn't feel as if I got everything out for various reasons, therefore it was a bit of a scrappy session. But it can be a lot worse.

I think this time vettel with take ham in S1. That would be a pleasant sight. May be god has written like that ferrari fans to cheer even more. Hope for the best

Atleast Vettel & kimi hold fastest track record now, if cars will be slower next year.

Ferrari don't seem to have the advantage over mercs anymore and are evenly matched now looking at Q2.

Mercs were absolutely flying in s2 , Kimi and vettel takeoff in s1 and s3

Quote Originally Posted by The Reizo View Post
    You better should focus why Ferrari screwed Kimi for Vettel again instead of moaning about the sun shining in Hamilton's face.
    How does Kimi being at the back help Vettel?

Atleast Vettel & kimi hold fastest track record now, if cars will be slower next year.

Ferrari don't seem to have the advantage over mercs anymore and are evenly matched now looking at Q2.

Mercs were absolutely flying in s2 , Kimi and vettel takeoff in s1 and s3

we will never know mate.....usually is Q3 is where Ferrari and Merc turn up their engines and run it at full beans....so we never got to see who has made the best upgrade of the SPEC 3 engine....we were rubbed and NOT seen that...but i'm sure we'll see that at the next power track....MONZa
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I am so angry now.

Kimi will be on podium but so what. The perfect opportunity to have a glorious win and second place in the race despite the rainy conditions on quali. Then once again lazy ass pit work and Kimi is screwed.

Well Vettel, Hamilton, Räikkönen it will be then. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    How does Kimi being at the back help Vettel?
    Ferrari didn't cared about Kimi, i just saw his interview and Kimi was asked about fuel issue and he wanted to say no but he than tried to say something else which simply means Ferrari messed up Kimi to make sure he did not beat Vettel's time but instead now has Hamilton beat Vettel's time. Like i said, stop moaning about Hamilton and focus on Ferrari screwing up Kimi time after time to benefit Vettel

Quote Originally Posted by The Reizo View Post
    Ferrari didn't cared about Kimi, i just saw his interview and Kimi was asked about fuel issue and he wanted to say no but he than tried to say something else which simply means Ferrari messed up Kimi to make sure he did not beat Vettel's time but instead now has Hamilton beat Vettel's time. Like i said, stop moaning about Hamilton and focus on Ferrari screwing up Kimi time after time to benefit Vettel
    Ferrari can ask Kimi to let Vettel through in the race, and hold Lewis up. Kimi will help the team, as he's done in the past
    Makes no sense to put Kimi at the back.

Last year Merc engine was too strong, this year with DRS everything is possible. Even Kimi will be in the mix if he can clear the FI's quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Ferrari can ask Kimi to let Vettel through in the race, and hold Lewis up. Kimi will help the team, as he's done in the past
    Makes no sense to put Kimi at the back.
    Spa has lots of overtaking spots so holding up Hamilton was never an option and does Vettel need all that help SMH