Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sakhir GP 2020 - Race

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    whatever mate....
    Maybe YOU need to watch it again?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    A doubly disappointing race in the end then. First, Leclerc's exit. Then, Russell's misfortune. Oh well. Such is life.
    Onwards and upwards as they say.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe YOU need to watch it again?
    sadly i did....i have it PVR'ed....and all i see is Charles being aggressive on the brakes into first corner hoping his teammate will ease off, which he HAD to, otherwise he would have crashed into Charles...

but like i said, WHATEVER MATE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    sadly i did....i have it PVR'ed....and all i see is Charles being aggressive on the brakes into first corner hoping his teammate will ease off, which he HAD to, otherwise he would have crashed into Charles...

but like i said, WHATEVER MATE!!!!
    he was not even close to the sleeping Seb....
    Forza Ferrari

Leclerc is probably taking more risk in the first lap because he has nothing to lose anyway. I presume his approach would be different if he has a realistic chance of winning races. Nothing wrong with his move on Vettel imo.
    Last edited by F2008; 6th December 2020 at 19:20.

Leclerc needs media training. Being honest is one thing, but being indiscreet is another thing. Saying infront of the whole F1 media that the blame is entirely his, which will always work against him, is a dumb thing to do.

The fault was Leclerc's. But if he kept quite, he wouldn't have received 3 place grid penalty, probably.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 6th December 2020 at 19:44.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Leclerc needs media training. Being honest is one thing, but being indiscreet is another thing. Saying infront of the whole F1 media that the blame is entirely his, which will always work against him, is a dumb thing to do.

The fault was Leclerc's. But if he kept quite, he wouldn't have received 3 place grid penalty, probably.
    Nah, he would. He had it coming whole season long IMO.

Overly agressive, but only way to get some points with this car anyway.

If it would have been Vettel instead of LeClerc some here would be all over Vettel's arshe.
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Looks like mercedes caught the spaghetti disease with pit stop scew up big time for Russell.They are human after all.Charles will learn from his mistake the young bull will learn how to harness his racing energy and risk factors.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

It's not like Ferrari has a car that score any points easily this year anyway.

Cant help but think Merc gave away the lead wanting no one to think anybody could win in a Merc

I told you Toto would not allow George to win. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Cant help but think Merc gave away the lead wanting no one to think anybody could win in a Merc
    Unfortunately, the conspiracy theorist in me would say yes! Anything to protect princess Hamilton’s ego. Yet, is it really plausible? Would Merc throw away points like that? Probably not.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Unfortunately, the conspiracy theorist in me would say yes! Anything to protect princess Hamilton’s ego. Yet, is it really plausible? Would Merc throw away points like that? Probably not.
    why would it matter a 1-2 for Merc anyways at this stage of the season??? i mean, sure we're talking about 43 points.....but they already wrapped WCC and WDC anyways.....NO????

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Maybe they wanted to ensure Racing Point takes the 3rd place in the WCC? I mean Toto would certainly like that. More money for Aston Martin next year.

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Then, they're doing a pretty horrible job, mate. If that was their point, they could've easily asked Russell to go to a lower engine mode and pretend that the PU is on the edge of blowing up. What most people are thinking now is that Russell would've definitely won in the Mercedes if not for those blunders. As much as I dislike Mercedes, it doesn't make sense for them to make their drivers push like crazy in the beginning, have them cut through traffic (Russell was especially like a hot knife through butter) and then deliberately put the wrong tyres on just to prove that not everyone can win in the Mercedes. If that was what they wanted they would've made them look slow from the very beginning.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Surprised to see Leclerc getting the penalty, my first instinct was it was Perez's fault. However, great win for the Mexican, Redbull need to replace Albon with Perez. Albon is down i confidence, 2021 could easily get worse for him.

Russel, as expected did show some character. He has good future, and what about Lord Bottas? Waste of a seat, absolute trash, and pls don't compare him with Rubens. Webber, Rubens at least had backbones and showed occasional fights, Bottas has zero character

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    If it would have been Vettel instead of LeClerc some here would be all over Vettel's arshe.

so for me the awesome thing to take away from this terrible result for Ferrari is.... irrefutable proof that Bottas is nothing but a second rate racing driver, and that Russell's performance in the merc, shows without a shadow of a doubt that Hamilton is really nothing special, and ANYONE who is half decent can and will win in THAT car, the driver is nothing exceptional in it.....

Quote Originally Posted by JHAMMER View Post
    Objectivity is a rare commodity around here.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Looks like mercedes caught the spaghetti disease with pit stop scew up big time for Russell.They are human after all.Charles will learn from his mistake the young bull will learn how to harness his racing energy and risk factors.
    How many times have we said this? At some point it starts becoming a concern.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    so for me the awesome thing to take away from this terrible result for Ferrari is.... irrefutable proof that Bottas is nothing but a second rate racing driver, and that Russell's performance in the merc, shows without a shadow of a doubt that Hamilton is really nothing special, and ANYONE who is half decent can and will win in THAT car, the driver is nothing exceptional in it.....

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    How many times have we said this? At some point it starts becoming a concern.
    If he doesn't improve by the end of next year, maybe then it will be a concern. Verstappen took a comparable amount of time to calm himself down. We took this risk the moment we signed up a sophomore. Alonso made a tonne of mistakes and was beaten by Trulli in 2004 and Vettel made a tonne of errors in 2009 and 2010 too. If we needed a complete package, we should've waited till 2021 before promoting him but if we did that, we would have barely crossed 50 points in the standings this year with Kimi in the second seat. Unless we can get Hamilton or Verstappen or maybe even Alonso, who are currently more mature drivers (but IMO Leclerc has more pace), everyone else is a massive downgrade which will be evident next year.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Great race by Russell finishing 9th just behind the butler, Bottas. No Merc 1,2 or even on the podium! What happened to " The Car?" Perez from last to 1st! I'm happy as hell for him. No Lewis no Merc. That's how it wound up. All the talk about areo, HP, and any other car tech, it's the pit stop that can and will make or break a drivers chances. No records in the 100s until next season!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great race by Russell finishing 9th just behind the butler, Bottas. No Merc 1,2 or even on the podium! What happened to " The Car?" Perez from last to 1st! I'm happy as hell for him. No Lewis no Merc. That's how it wound up. All the talk about areo, HP, and any other car tech, it's the pit stop that can and will make or break a drivers chances. No records in the 100s until next season!
    THE CAR performed liked it should have these past 7 years. Russell's driving in the W11 prior to the double stack pit stop ***-up(Toto's words) was extraordinary WHICH debunks his Lewis-ness "all-time great driver" synopsis. Russell also made Bottas look ljust as he is.....clearly a number 2 driver who will not pressure his Lewis-ness.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    THE CAR performed liked it should have these past 7 years. Russell's driving in the W11 prior to the double stack pit stop ***-up(Toto's words) was extraordinary WHICH debunks his Lewis-ness "all-time great driver" synopsis. Russell also made Bottas look ljust as he is.....clearly a number 2 driver who will not pressure his Lewis-ness.
    Don't forget Lewis won one with 3 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Don't forget Lewis won one with 3 tires.
    Yes....I'm sure Russell given the same situation would have won the race as well.....as well as other drivers (Max, Leclerc, Norris, Ricciardo).

Just thinking... No conspiracy theory...
    How come the best team in last 7 season, performing every race like well oiled machine, almost like robots, mess up big time in a race when there was no pressure at all?! Their driver comfortable won WDC, they as a team did the same with CWC, only competition they possibly had in this race was out in the first half of first lap, conditions ware perfect, lead over second best car was more than comfortable, their drivers ware literally cruising to the victory and than they made such mistake!?!
    To me it is suspicious, at least....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    How come the best team in last 7 season, performing every race like well oiled machine, almost like robots, mess up big time in a race when there was no pressure at all?! Their driver comfortable won WDC, they as a team did the same with CWC, only competition they possibly had in this race was out in the first half of first lap, conditions ware perfect, lead over second best car was more than comfortable, their drivers ware literally cruising to the victory and than they made such mistake!?!

Mercedes claims there was a communication error between Bono and the pit crew.......so take it for what its worth. Toto swore on national TV that it was a "complete f***-up"

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Were any of the Merc pit crew guys wearing red uniforms? Suspicious indeed. 87 laps flew by! I like the 200+ MPH straightaways! Perez deserves a ride next year.