Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF70H

Ferrari keeps 'head down' despite return of regular F1 wins.

Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene says the team isn't celebrating wins too hard as it shifts focus to a first world title since 2008.

Ferrari team principal Maurizio Arrivabene says the Italian manufacturer didn't chose revel in its first Monaco victory since 2001 in order to focus on its unrelenting pursuit for world titles.

After three wins from the opening seven races, including the historic Monaco victory plus Sebastian Vettel leading the F1 world championship by 12 points from Lewis Hamilton, Ferrari has enjoyed its best start to an F1 season since 2008 when it last clinched the F1 world constructors' crown.

Despite its Monaco joy Ferrari were reminded of the threat from Mercedes when it stormed to a one-two in Canada while the Italian manufacturer hit a number of problems to see Vettel finish fourth and Kimi Raikkonen a lowly seventh.

“We did not have any great celebration after Bahrain; we did not have any great celebration after Australia,” Arrivabene said. “We've kept our feet on the ground, the season it still long.

“We were happy to win Monaco after many, many years, and for the first few seconds it was something that was somehow historical, but then you look at the calendar, the Formula One calendar, and how many races to go, you put your head down and you start working again.

“On Sunday [in Monaco] they were celebrating and were all happy. And then they turn immediately to the pits, they dismantled the boxes and the day after then they were on their way in Maranello and to be honest with you on Monday morning we have our race debrief and so everybody was focused on the next race.”

Ferrari has slipped to second in the F1 world constructors' championship after the results in Canada with Mercedes now holding an eight point advantage heading towards the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/252406/...r-f1-wins.html

Was Azerbaijan cold last year? That could suit Ferrari. I am concerned after Canada - but I think Canada was a culmination of many things that led to that result. I think without Max, worst case scenario would have been P2 And we would have looked stronger and felt more confident. I think the situation has not changed much since Monaco, it's just Mercedes was back on form.

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    Was Azerbaijan cold last year? That could suit Ferrari. I am concerned after Canada - but I think Canada was a culmination of many things that led to that result. I think without Max, worst case scenario would have been P2 And we would have looked stronger and felt more confident. I think the situation has not changed much since Monaco, it's just Mercedes was back on form.
    Canada was just like China. A race where Seb was struck by misfortunes but managed to get the best out of the situation. However, the misfortunes were bigger in Canada than in China. From P18 to P4 is a result that we can be happy with. Race pace was there. Too bad we didn't pit under SC though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Canada was just like China. A race where Seb was struck by misfortunes but managed to get the best out of the situation. However, the misfortunes were bigger in Canada than in China. From P18 to P4 is a result that we can be happy with. Race pace was there. Too bad we didn't pit under SC though.
    if they knew that the front wing had the extensive damage it did and pitted under the safety car, it essentially would have been a FREE pitstop....and possibly Seb would have given Lewis a run for his money....but unfortunately they ONLY realised the wing was quite damaged when the car went at FULL speed.....oh well, all in all Seb did pretty good to limit the damage
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    if they knew that the front wing had the extensive damage it did and pitted under the safety car, it essentially would have been a FREE pitstop....and possibly Seb would have given Lewis a run for his money....but unfortunately they ONLY realised the wing was quite damaged when the car went at FULL speed.....oh well, all in all Seb did pretty good to limit the damage
    A bit strange to be honest, i think we saw that his front wing was damaged before the SC went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    A bit strange to be honest, i think we saw that his front wing was damaged before the SC went out.
    yeah we all saw that it was damaged, but as soon as it got damaged the safety car came out and he was NOT going at full speed until the safety car came back in.

and thats' when it broke further in due to higher speed.....to me the team made a CRUTIAL mistake right there, they should have pited him right away as it undre the safety car would have been a FREE pitstop anyways.....oh well.

they just thought that the wing was not that damaged from teh telemetry #;s they were seeing at that paritcular moment running at LOW speed.

let's hope we'll be better in Baku and we'll get the Mercs this time
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    yeah we all saw that it was damaged, but as soon as it got damaged the safety car came out and he was NOT going at full speed until the safety car came back in.

and thats' when it broke further in due to higher speed.....to me the team made a CRUTIAL mistake right there, they should have pited him right away as it undre the safety car would have been a FREE pitstop anyways.....oh well.

they just thought that the wing was not that damaged from teh telemetry #;s they were seeing at that paritcular moment running at LOW speed.

let's hope we'll be better in Baku and we'll get the Mercs this time
    I was yelling at the TV to pit Vettel once I saw the movement of that right front wing thru his on-board cam under the safety car. There is a camera I believe below looking forward at the right/left front wing.....why someone did'nt see this at Ferrari camp instead of relying on SC telemetry #'s is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I was yelling at the TV to pit Vettel once I saw the movement of that right front wing thru his on-board cam under the safety car. There is a camera I believe below looking forward at the right/left front wing.....why someone did'nt see this at Ferrari camp instead of relying on SC telemetry #'s is beyond me.
    Exactly.

Well it doesnt even matter now, we should be focused on Baku race. We cant change the past, but we can change the future. ;)
    In Ferrari we believe!

any news about updates for baku?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    any news about updates for baku?
    nothing yet Zike.....

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    nothing yet Zike.....
    I will miss the race in Baku, due to a business trip, it will be the first race I missed since 2000.... So I'm pretty inpatient about any news

I will miss the race in Baku, due to a business trip, it will be the first race I missed since 2000.... So I'm pretty inpatient about any news
    Hopefully it will be 1-2 for Ferrari in one bored race, so you won't miss much

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If it is a Ferrari 1-2 it's never boring

Crates and equipment have arrived for some teams at Baku. No updates yet gentlemen. Imola looks to resurface in the F1 calender.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And Ham in distant tenth

And Ham in distant tenth

Looks like mercedes had a new fuel in canada

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...bottas-919128/

And Ham in distant tenth
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post

Really Vallterri?? Tell us something we don't know already! Puuuuuhhhhlllleeeeeeesssss!

uggghhhh Petrone giving mercs all the boosts

Heard somewhere that Ferrari had filming day at mugello. Couple of days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Heard somewhere that Ferrari had filming day at mugello. Couple of days ago.
    Testing new engine with 200+ more hp ??

Nice!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    Nice!! hahaha
    What? Its this true, or a joke? Can you give me an article?

I think its a joke... unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    What? Its this true, or a joke? Can you give me an article?
    I don't know i was being sarcastic :)

sorry, what does "filming day" mean?

just googled and saw the last one was in May , so maybe you heard of that one ?

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    sorry, what does "filming day" mean?
    It a track day the teams can use for testing, but the official reason is for filming the car for adverts, etc... The only restrictions are 100km mileage and non-race tires.