Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324

Thread: 2nd Winter Testing 7th March - 10th March 2017, Barcelona

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    but is that even LEGAL?? to be able to deploy the ERS energy for 50 seconds a lap??
    i thought that when the rules were estabilished back in 2014 was only allowed for 33 seconds a lap....so to be able to do it now for an EXTRA 17 seconds, is that even LEGAL???

i'm just asking as i don't know with all these rules...
    Sure it's legal. As it stands only 4MJ (which amounts to about 33 seconds per lap) can be transferred from the ES (Energy Store/Battery) to the MGU-K per lap and only 2MJ can be transferred from the MGU-K to the ES per lap. However you can transfer an unlimited amount of energy from the MGU-H to the ES/MGU-K and thus boost power for longer periods.

I am unsure if the 50 seconds is inclusive of the 4MJ though.

Ferrari completed both the tests with the same engine.And can use its electrical power(160bhp) for a maximum of 50 seconds."

http://www.sportfair.it/2017/03/moto...errari/511271/

Italian translation: A part about how "mercedes is afraid of ferrari" that take almost all the article (too cheesy in my opinion, almost pathetic).Then the interesting part about the engine. They have reduced the pressure of 3.5 bar so the ERS and the MGU-H can recharge more efficiently allowing the driver to use the 160 elettrical horse power for a total of 50 seconds. To this you have to add the new Sheel fuel upgrade that with his anti-detonation elements allow the engine to last longer. Because of all of that Ferrari was able to use just one power unit during the test. In the end the article quote Marchionne saying that the team can't end another season with 0 victories.

from post #1245 in the forum Scuderia Ferrari SF70-H

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    Sure it's legal. As it stands only 4MJ (which amounts to about 33 seconds per lap) can be transferred from the ES (Energy Store/Battery) to the MGU-K per lap and only 2MJ can be transferred from the MGU-K to the ES per lap. However you can transfer an unlimited amount of energy from the MGU-H to the ES/MGU-K and thus boost power for longer periods.

I am unsure if the 50 seconds is inclusive of the 4MJ though.
    i was only questioning the LEGALITY of the 50 seconds....and NOT the ability of Ferrari being able to do it.

but if it's ok and within the rules, then thumbs up to Ferrari and let's hope we can take the fight to Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i was only questioning the LEGALITY of the 50 seconds....and NOT the ability of Ferrari being able to do it.

but if it's ok and within the rules, then thumbs up to Ferrari and let's hope we can take the fight to Mercedes.
    even if it is not legal to use 50 seconds (i don't know) it is good news as it would mean they don't need to harvest as much.
    Life might be hard, Concrete is a lot harder

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Ferrari completed both the tests with the same engine.And can use its electrical power(160bhp) for a maximum of 50 seconds."

http://www.sportfair.it/2017/03/moto...errari/511271/

Italian translation: A part about how "mercedes is afraid of ferrari" that take almost all the article (too cheesy in my opinion, almost pathetic).Then the interesting part about the engine. They have reduced the pressure of 3.5 bar so the ERS and the MGU-H can recharge more efficiently allowing the driver to use the 160 elettrical horse power for a total of 50 seconds. To this you have to add the new Sheel fuel upgrade that with his anti-detonation elements allow the engine to last longer. Because of all of that Ferrari was able to use just one power unit during the test. In the end the article quote Marchionne saying that the team can't end another season with 0 victories.

from post #1245 in the forum Scuderia Ferrari SF70-H
    That '50sec' statement is meaningless unless they specify:

- 50 sec at what track ¿are they reffering to Barcelona?
    - In a Q lap or constantly during the race?
    - 50 sec of 160hp + 2MJ of ERS recharging or no recharging in that lap?
    - Are they counting the 4MJ ERS storage (for the next lap they won't have it)

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    That '50sec' statement is meaningless unless they specify:

- 50 sec at what track ¿are they reffering to Barcelona?
    - In a Q lap or constantly during the race?
    - 50 sec of 160hp + 2MJ of ERS recharging or no recharging in that lap?
    - Are they counting the 4MJ ERS storage (for the next lap they won't have it)
    Well, thats 20sec MORE than previous on any given track. They use it coming out of the turn and straights to which they recharge whatever is expended coming into the turn for ERS(MGU-K). The MGU-H is constantly recharging.

Test analysis: Rating the F1 teams with Renault's Sergey Sirotkin

Sector three

One of the most interesting points to watch F1 cars from is the third sector of the Barcelona track. From the grandstand there, you get a great view of the whole sequence of corners. And this time through here, it was the Ferrari that looked the best.

That car has made the strongest impression so far, both in terms of laptime and in how the car looks out on track. Sector three in particular shows how well-balanced it is and how quick it is. And that has to do with both chassis and engine.

There's not a lot of space between various corners in sector three, and it's particularly noticeable, that the SF70H is no worse than the Mercedes in terms of acceleration - perhaps better than it, at certain points.

Read more here
    https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/t...rotkin-883483/