Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Japanese Grand Prix - Race Thread

Binotto: "They came to a decision very quickly, without even hearing from the drivers. Five seconds to Charles who we think didn't even gain an advantage... but poor Pérez, he couldn't keep up with the SC in Singapore!

Did you guys see the state of our tires vs the RBs at the end of the race ? Ours were basically slicks theirs seemed in perfect state

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The F1-75 was used to be very good on tyres. But RB has been pouring money while Ferrari adhered to budget cap and we're seeing the end result here.
    Lets not insinuate that they did something illegal without proof. We have all seen how amazing ferrari has been all year long.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Max to good redbull superior and Charles needs to learn a little more, a great driver but not ready to be world champion yet.
    So you think Vettel was ready to win the WDC back in 2010 against Alonso? Alonso was, is and always will be the superior driver and even then he couldn't beat Vettel and RB.

The current RB, as a team, are way better than Ferrari. I can list all the mistakes Ferrari have and still making this year and that list will be pretty long. But it will be very difficult for me to list Red Bull's mistakes this year cause I can't think of any, let alone many.

Charles needs the proper backing and proper support. The development, the strategy, motivation all should be there for him.

We need to grow some ba...

Merc an RB have all the power in F1

Quote Originally Posted by SB92 View Post
    Lets not insinuate that they did something illegal without proof. We have all seen how amazing ferrari has been all year long.
    The RB was way overweight. And not only they have been bringing lightweight materials, they have also been bringing aero and mechanical updates this year frequently. I'm not an accountant, but my logic says that such development would require above statutory budget.

Let's see who get there certificate of budget compliance from the FIA tomorrow there might just be a sting in the tail of this season yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So you think Vettel was ready to win the WDC back in 2010 against Alonso? Alonso was, is and always will be the superior driver and even then he couldn't beat Vettel and RB.

The current RB, as a team, are way better than Ferrari. I can list all the mistakes Ferrari have and still making this year and that list will be pretty long. But it will be very difficult for me to list Red Bull's mistakes this year cause I can't think of any, let alone many.

Charles needs the proper backing and proper support. The development, the strategy, motivation all should be there for him.
    Perfectly said.

This two driver policy equal treatment & free to fight doesn’t work if you have a target to win WDC. As there is only one driver can clinch that.

Ferrari threw away 4-5 race wins this season when the car was perfect. Now that even if we take pole, it’s not guarantee that Ferrari can win. Because of our tyre deg. No solution so far.

I feel for Charles & at the same time he should stop making mistakes at critical time. I hope he gets better & better for next season.

I do not expect nothing but penalty like 5s and you have 10s advantage...like for perez in Singapore. And that will be the last nail in the f1 coffin

Charles should have his 2nd place anyway for the simple fact the race ended one lap to early and so it should be counted back.

The race should ended on the timer + 1 lap.

What a farce.

An anti climax to a topsy turvy season seems to sum it up.We can spend days directing the ferrari issues; dust off and next year will be here in no time.Red bull is the superior team and there team has demonstrated this clearly providing max with a crushing victory in WDC and a what will probably be a major victory in the constructors title hats off to them.

Congratulations to RB and MV. They are in their own league. To think that in the beginning of this season CL had 46 points advantage, and now MV is crowned champion couple of races before end with 114 points lead!?!? I mean.... WTH is Ferrari doing, thinking... or not!
    Last edited by stefa; 9th October 2022 at 11:22.

All I can say is that getting up at 5am to support our boys did not go well, and the penalty given to Charles so quickly was totally unfair IMO, even Binotto feels the same! Perez now ahead of Charles again so there's still something worth fighting for, although if he has a new ICE for COTA, I assume he'll get a penalty. Our tyre deg seems the worst of all the teams, Charles was lucky to get to the finish in those conditions with practically bald tyres. FIA are making too many mistakes and in any case there are too many rules and regs so it gets harder to police consistently, today was a bit of a farce. Max and RB deserved the WDC but what a pity that Ferrari the team (not just Charles or Carlos) couldn't take the heat. There was plenty of commemoration for Jules and rightly so, but this track in October just seems unsuitable.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Congratulations to RB and MV. They are in their own league. To think that in the beginning of this season CL had 46 points advantage, and now MV is crowned champion couple of races before end with 114 points lead!?!? I mean.... WTH is Ferrari doing, thinking... or not!
    I cant imagine anyone here on our Ferrari forum congratulating Merc and say Sir Lewis if they would have won! 7 times "in their own league" and just hatred towards them!

Congratulations to Max, he has raised his game to another level. Hopefully Charles will have a much closer fight next year

A great driver in a solid team with a good leader will always defeat a great drive in an good team with a crap leader.

Congrats Max and RedBull. Maybe Binotto can learn a thing or two but I doubt it.

What an absolute disaster this year has been. Disheartening yet again. I’m sure it’s for the good of the sport tho, right?

Today's race showed how bad formula one management is...I'm seriously starting to get tired of the "no racing" because of the rain. Seriously, look at motogp last week in Buriram: worst conditions and yet they started the race and the riders had to deal with it, on 2 wheels!!! Today they stopped the race, delayed the restart by 2 hours, finally decided to start with full Web, and after one lap drivers started ton pit for inters, what a joke...Those cars drained the water on the track in like 5 laps, idk FIA must learn about it or invest in trucks drying a line on track and drivers must remember why they get paid...And this farce on the final lap. Race is over. No its not. Yes it is. Wooooow impressive FIA!!!
    Today we were robbed of what could have been a great race, so disapointed with the pathetic show we witnessed, regardless of the final results of the race...

Moto GP also delayed for the rain though? and the track today was much worse for spray due to downforce and 4 tyres so it's not really much to compare.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles vs Max

Charles vs Checo

Pace is there, but the car is chewing up its tyres.

The F1-75 right now is behaving like the Mercedes of 2013. Very good at generating heat but also very poor at keeping the tyres under optimal heat cycle.

Up until the Hungarian GP, the F1-75 was very good at looking after the tyres. So I don't buy Binotto's "the TD didn't hurt us" excuse.

Just look at the Austrian and Hungarian GP, both of those races Charles had the best tyres wear. Even in France his tyre wear was better than Max.

After the TD309, the F1-75 is chewing up its tyres. There is no other logical explanation for this drastic change in tyre wear behavior.

Good job Binotto, he managed to throw away the development advantage we had over Red Bull and Mercedes. I miss the leadership of Sergio Marchionne. He would not have bent over to the FIA like these spineless people leading Ferrari.

TD 39 is the cause of the tire debacle and Binotto thinks people following F1 are stupid. Next year, the car better fight at the front or else that clown is going to get the boot.

Gasly was penalized for driving too fast under red flag conditions while the crane was out on track.

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...968576/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

So much for my "armchair garbage" as someone here put it.....regardless of what the rest of the grid thinks.

Gasly takes full blame for the red flag conditions.

https://twitter.com/PierreGASLY/stat...DR3eejkOorAAAA

https://twitter.com/PierreGASLY/stat...DT9bu8kOorAAAA

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So much for my "armchair garbage" as someone here put it.....regardless of what the rest of the grid thinks.

Gasly takes full blame for the red flag conditions.

https://twitter.com/PierreGASLY/stat...DR3eejkOorAAAA

https://twitter.com/PierreGASLY/stat...DT9bu8kOorAAAA
    Shows you wrong and what everyone else said correct though. He was not speeding at the tractor, read the tweets you just posted duh.
    Forza Ferrari

Well, Binotto and Leclerc do not agree on the penalty.
    Binotto said it was not an incident deserving that penalty, while Charles said he knows what happened and that he agrees with getting a penalty for it..............
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Shows you wrong and what everyone else said correct though. He was not speeding at the tractor, read the tweets you just posted duh.
    He was speeding into T14 and T15. I never said he was speeding by the tractor at that very instant......I said he was speeding under red flag conditions.

Do keep up.

Leclerc's inter-slicks vs Max's inters.

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/sta...362754/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He was speeding into T14 and T15. I never said he was speeding by the tractor at that very instant......I said he was speeding under red flag conditions.

Do keep up.
    So just as everyone said, u were the one claiming the tractor on track was not the issue....do you forget what you post?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    So just as everyone said, u were the one claiming the tractor on track was not the issue....do you forget what you post?
    This is what I said for reference. I never said the tractor on the track "was not the issue."

The whole blame is not on the recovery vehicle. Maybe the recovery vehicle needs brighter lights under these conditions so drivers can see the vehicle better.

At the same time, driving too fast under these conditions given the red flag conditions on the signals on the side of the track and on Gasly's steering wheel is also a factor.

Jules was driving too fast under the same conditions.

Yes I know you also blamed Jules, the red flag came out as he was right upon the tractor he was not speeding then.

All the drivers seemed to agree the tractor should not be there so at least they are aware unlike yourself on the sofa.
    Forza Ferrari