Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122

Thread: Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Practice and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Things like this really kills the excitement of a championship fight.
    I sure miss the days when we can just swap the engine out for another new one anytime we want

These rules are completely ridiculous. And next year it gets worse .... every car has to do 21 races on just three engines!

Frankly, watching our team beaten so badly is really shocking after such a promising start to the season. Ferrari have been performing really well in every other circuits with different characteristics in comparison to the silver arrow. I still can't get by with the results..

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Redbull is interesting for a number of reasons. 1.) They use a Renault F1 engine badged TAG for sponsorship reasons. While Ferrari and Mercedes give Haas and Williams old spec.

or re-mapped engines (meaning no possible way of getting to the front), Renault is different; they use the same engine as RedBull uses. They don't do what Ferrari and MB do to their

"competitors."
    Renault will start giving RB old or re-mapped engines when they get their act together and start being more competitive. That's why RB are desperate with their engine situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    These rules are completely ridiculous. And next year it gets worse .... every car has to do 21 races on just three engines!

pathetic rules, punishing the drivers.

Cars with Merc engines will dominate. The rest will suffer from being under-powered and reliability ...look at Ferrari and Mcleran already.

I agree with you. Some times people can't see head of them selfs or look at the big picture.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

Quote Originally Posted by JPBD View Post
    I'm checking out of this forum for a week or two. Honestly the people here are unbearable. This is sport! You never give up. Remember why you support Ferrari before you whinge about this and that. You don't KNOW we're losing the development race. I think many things have transpired at this track to generate this result: non-abrasive track surface, high tyre pressures, old power unit, track layout.

All that considered, we are second best. Yes, the gap is 1 second - but it is 1 second to US! People think Ferrari is doing such a terrible job, but we are still leading the WDC. We could very well have won the last race if not for Max. People are so short sighted. It's honestly like dealing with children here. I can't handle it. Grow up people!! Omg

Agree with you.

"Big things have small beginings"
    "Perseverence is power"

There are only few possible scenarios related to performance deficit to mercs
    1. It's the track temp combined with tyre temp (as front left tyre not getting into working range).
    2. Ferrari didn't have good fp3. Which is the clear indication that coming into quali it's an unknown factor for them. So they are already on back foot.
    3. Set-up which is playing crucial role in certain tracks this year. Kimi if you see he generally suffers alot compared to seb. As for seb he didn't have proper runs in fp3, as his FP2 was crappy.

If you see mercs, they used fp3 alot 20+ laps for each driver. Even when hamster engineer told to come into pit box, he stayed out on track for couple of laps to get the balance right.

At last I read Amus F1 article saying that, mercs found Ferrari using oil burn. Which they compared Montreal straight vs Baku straights through GPS data. Ferrari loosing chunk of time in straight it seems.

Only next quali will tell what's answer for the allegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post

Unbeliveable?!?!?! Why just don't they give am bicyclec?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Things like this really kills the excitement of a championship fight.
    I sure miss the days when we can just swap the engine out for another new one anytime we want
    Good old days.....

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    There are only few possible scenarios related to performance deficit to mercs

At last I read Amus F1 article saying that, mercs found Ferrari using oil burn. Which they compared Montreal straight vs Baku straights through GPS data. Ferrari loosing chunk of time in straight it seems.

Only next quali will tell what's answer for the allegation.
    This ^ . Looking to be very true

Both of Alonso's managers have been spotted in talks with rival teams this weekend.

After Flavio Briatore tweeted a picture of himself with Mercedes F1 bosses Toto Wolff and Niki Lauda, Alonso's manager Luis Garcia Abad was pictured in conversation with Renault's Alain Prost and Cyril Abiteboul on Saturday morning in the paddock.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...en-hit-new-low

lol i saw this on reddit

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    This ^ . Looking to be very true
    Might not be true too. Becoz, on straight Ferrari cars tyres were not holding well. So u will loose time, even though your engine is good.

That's why I said next track quali will give exact answer for this allegation. If found true, then it's cake walk on both titles for mercs this season.

Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 - Practice and Qualifying

Eddie Jordan claiming Mercedes boss Zetche has approved supplying engines to McLaren, also that Petronas & UBS are on their way out in 2018 from Mercedes sponsorship, he also claims Mercedes could walk out of F1 beyond 2020. Toto has obviously rubbished these claims however, it's Eddie & most of the time he gets it right

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Eddie Jordan claiming Mercedes boss Zetche has approved supplying engines to McLaren, also that Petronas & UBS are on their way out in 2018 from Mercedes sponsorship, he also claims Mercedes could walk out of F1 beyond 2020. Toto has obviously rubbished these claims however, it's Eddie & most of the time he gets it right
    i hope Eddie's right

Quote Originally Posted by doublesixes View Post
    MB was just toying with the rest. They "lost" three races so the ratings would go up a little bit and the business side of this circus would not suffer as it had been doing for the last couple of years. These MB guys are doing either something great with their car or something extremely inconspicuously illegal to gain such a tremendous advantage. They also have LH which is the best driver of the last few years. In any case, the championship has already been defined and it's not going to go our way, sadly. As always, these are my pessimistic although highly realistic views on this year's championships.
    Nobody would lose a race for that reason. Everybody is doing 110% to win or get the best results.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Nobody would lose a race for that reason. Everybody is doing 110% to win or get the best results.
    Yeah ..agree with you.
    I strongly feel Ferrari suffered heavily with set-up, where their drivers unable to find perfect balance n tyre temperatures are added to that.
    So it's the combination of both. No other issues I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    Indeed.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel: On Friday, our long-runs were very good. But this doesn't help much when you start a bit further back.

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    he gains 0.5 in the middle sector everytime , Martin pointed out that lewis doesn't use all the track available in that areas compared to everyone else who uses every inch to the wall
    he gains a lot, when taking shortest way home, I do believe that is why he is so great in quali

Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    he gains a lot, when taking shortest way home, I do believe that is why he is so great in quali
    It compromises the tyres but race is started on Q2 set

Race is another thing in Baku. Becoz of hot conditions + brake issues+ yellow flag+SC chances are there. So Ferrari needs a bit of luck (which I see against Ferrari in earlier races)+ timing right for the pit stop.
    Good start+ little bit of luck+timing of pit stop is what Ferrari need in this race.
    I somehow feel mercs especially Hamilton will struggle in hot conditions on this track.

Mercs went for quali set-up to get pole position, as overtaking is difficult on this track.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Mercs went for quali set-up to get pole position, as overtaking is difficult on this track.
    After giving some thought I feel our deficit is mainly down to set up issues. Remember when we got pole in russia, supposed to be another power dependant track, ham was way off. So I hope this is something similar which happened to us and the car should be on pace when the race starts.